• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
frankgrimes

Dreger: Ryan Johanson is in play

Rate this topic

http://www.tsn.ca/trade-bait-johansen-available-in-columbus-1.399379

Guy would be an absolute sensation, young, big and with the development of Larkin our post Z and Pasha center future would be set for years to come. guys like this don't make it to UFA anymore

btw. good job Tortarella not even a month in and players are already asking to be traded what a great hire by Kekailainen

Edited by frankgrimes

We wouldnt be able to get him without Larkin,which we wouldn't do.

Other than that they'd want a young high end d prospect, which we don't really have.

I think Columbus is dreaming if they believe they'll get Jones from Nashville.

Now that the cat is out of the bag they are dealing from a position of weakness...maybe Jenner is the next one wanting out boy that would be cool

He's a million dollar talent but a 1 cent desire type player. He only plays well when things are going well. When there is adversity he folds like a cheap tent in a wind storm.

He will never be a leader and statistically he may have had his best season already. Not worth it.

He is playing for Tortarella a guy known to get guys asking for trades and putting Torts team on their NTC NMC lists

Oh well just read that the CBJ are looking for Jones AND Forsberg that's just crazy

He is playing for Tortarella a guy known to get guys asking for trades and putting Torts team on their NTC NMC lists

Oh well just read that the CBJ are looking for Jones AND Forsberg that's just crazy

That really is, he's definitely not worth that. What is your source?

That really is, he's definitely not worth that. What is your source?

CBJ board someone mentioned if JK would to deal him it's Jones and Forsberg. Poile isn't an idiot I don't think he even considers that and I'm a fan of Johanson.

As usual HF takes the cake...with names like Ekblad who might be the most untouchable Panther right now

Edited by frankgrimes

CBJ board someone mentioned if JK would to deal him it's Jones and Forsberg. Poile isn't an idiot I don't think he even considers that and I'm a fan of Johanson.

If it came from a message board, I wouldn't take it as anything more then a Columbus fan with unrealistic expectations.

I feel like it has been fairly evident over the course of the last couple seasons that Johanson's problems stem from long before Tortorella came around. Not sure why you think he's the one pushing the kid out. Seemed to me Johanson's hasn't ever seen himself in Columbus long term. No matter what contract he signed.

Apparently he has been recently diagnosed with a disease where he gets fatigued very quickly. This happened early on this season shortly after Tortorella called him out of shape.

I have to feel like this is a factor for Columbus looking to move him, would make sense.

Rick Nash

Nikolai Zherdev

Derick Brassard

Jeff Carter

Jakub Vorachek

Marian Gaborik

Ryan Johansen

Add their current goaltender Bobrowski to that list and you have roster that can win you Stanley Cups.

Apparently he has been recently diagnosed with a disease where he gets fatigued very quickly. This happened early on this season shortly after Tortorella called him out of shape.

I have to feel like this is a factor for Columbus looking to move him, would make sense.

I was always under the impression this was just said to calm things down after Torts showed his genius skills in handling players again. If it is true it would drive down prices for Johansen considerably. But I doubt it. I think there is something to what Frank said : Torts may be one reason why Johansen wants to leave. Calling him out openly may have been the tipping point for him.

Edited by derblaueClaus

So I talked with a friend of mine who might be someone who has access to the Blue Jackets here in Columbus as part of the media.

There's really nothing to the rumor at the moment. There was some tension because the system changed from Richards to Torts, but that was for everyone, not just Johansen. As with most things, now that they've won a few games things are settling in a bit.

He's still not worth the headaches his attitude issues will eventually bring, despite his talents, but this rumor is mostly an assumption more than an actual ongoing thing....

If he doesnt demand too much, I could see them making a play for Reimer in the offseason.

I have a feeling he's not going to be asking for backup money.

Maybe not 5-6mill yet, but I could see him taking a one/two year deal at around 4mill on a team with a good defense that won't leave high and dry like Toronto does. Then he'll ask for the big money.

If we got rid of Howard, I would be fine with getting him here on a one year "show me what you really are outside of the Toronto dumpster fire" deal around 2mill.

He's a lot better than he looks a lot of the time over there, he just really doesn't get much help. I also have a feeling babs will try to keep him for some reason.

Edited by jimmyemeryhunter