• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

Rumors Thread

Rate this topic

28 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Coaching could be amplifying the suck:

All of last season, no defencemen really earned the title “offensive defenceman” and it really showed up in the iCF and the shot assist numbers. At even-strength, there was not a lot of solid passing or shooting coming from the blueline last season for the Red Wings. I believe that is more of a system error than a personnel one. To have every defenceman contribute this little has to mean that something overall is wrong and not that the Wings just have a terrible blueline.

The issue is a balance between those two problems – the Red Wings clearly did not have the most mobile blueline, but Blashill might have over-compensated for that fact and restricted those players from showing their offensive capabilities.

In any case, Hronek should help improve the blue line.

That is a problem, yes. But when u have D playing above their skill set, u force ur Coach to place them into roles that isn't the best use of their skills. 

It's a combination of not providing the Coach with the players he needs (no top pair D)  + inexperienced, below average coaching. Even with a really good Coach, this D Corp can only do so much, and there just isn't enough talent there to be successful.

1 hour ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

That is a problem, yes. But when u have D playing above their skill set, u force ur Coach to place them into roles that isn't the best use of their skills. 

It's a combination of not providing the Coach with the players he needs (no top pair D)  + inexperienced, below average coaching. Even with a really good Coach, this D Corp can only do so much, and there just isn't enough talent there to be successful.

No, I agree. I'm just saying the problems highlighted in that piece are so bad that it seems reasonable to assume coaching/systems is compounding the talent deficiency.

13 hours ago, Dabura said:

No, I agree. I'm just saying the problems highlighted in that piece are so bad that it seems reasonable to assume coaching/systems is compounding the talent deficiency.

So what your'e saying is, the blueline has become so slow and untalented that it has begone collapsing in upon itself. Becoming denser and denser, sucking the coaching staff and the entire team into it's ever expanding black hole of suck. And when we scream into the defensive void, the void answers only: "take these left handed forwards, may they serve you well"

dqox6926d2w01.jpg

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

17 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Problem is we don't get Hughes if we start getting better. 

How does that help the defense? 

4 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

So what your'e saying is, the blueline has become so slow and untalented that it has begone collapsing in upon itself. Becoming denser and denser, sucking the coaching staff and the entire team into it's ever expanding black hole of suck. And when we scream into the defensive void, the void answers only: "take these left handed forwards, may they serve you well"

dqox6926d2w01.jpg

Yeah but at least a black hole will eventually suck up good NHL dmen into it.

8 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

How does that help the defense? 

Jonas comment is classic underpants gnome logic.

1. Get Hughes.

2.-----

3.Defense Profit

perhaps if in the process we trade him for Karlsson, and somehow get rid of Errorson

Edited by NerveDamage

11 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

If you think getting Jack Hughes wouldn't help our defense at all, you are mistaken.  He's a dynamic centerman.  

I mean, it wouldn't hurt, that's for sure. but with liabilites like Errorson still in the lineup, my guess is that the problem are not our centers... either way the season hasn't started yet and some already want the team to tank to try to get Hughes?

2 hours ago, NerveDamage said:

I mean, it wouldn't hurt, that's for sure. but with liabilites like Errorson still in the lineup, my guess is that the problem are not our centers... either way the season hasn't started yet and some already want the team to tank to try to get Hughes?

I don't want the team to "tank" to get Hughes, but I would like for the team to compete every night, barely miss the playoffs, get lucky in the draft lottery, and get Hughes...

Also "Errorson" definitely won't be in the lineup two years from now, and there's a strong possibility that he wouldn't be in the lineup a year from now if we did happen to land Hughes.

40 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I don't want the team to "tank" to get Hughes, but I would like for the team to compete every night, barely miss the playoffs, get lucky in the draft lottery, and get Hughes...

Also "Errorson" definitely won't be in the lineup two years from now, and there's a strong possibility that he wouldn't be in the lineup a year from now if we did happen to land Hughes.

well we'd need lots of luck to barely miss the playoffs and still get Hughes, unless he drops onto us in a Zadina kind of fashion. It'd be pretty much to have your cake and eat it too. cake is a lie.

463171_1.jpg

There are currently 17 first overall draft picks still playing in the NHL.  Of those, 4 have won Stanley Cups (Ovechkin, Crosby, Fleury, Kane).  So while drafting someone like Hughes or Dahlin is exciting, and there's no reason not to take them if you get the chance, it's not really that big of a deal if you don't.  It's almost more fun to think about who you'd take other than the obvious top guys IMO.

Other than Pittsburgh, who had essentially 3 first overall (I'm counting Malkin because he clearly goes first in any draft that doesn't also have Ovechkin), the core groups of all the recent Cup winners have only sparse representation from the top spot.  Ovechkin, Kuznetsov, Backstrom, Carlsson.  Toew, Kane, Keith, Hossa. Doughty, Kopitar, Carter, Quick. Bergeron, Kreci, Chara, Thomas/Lucic(?). 

I'd much rather we get down to the business of finding those other guys and hope that Larkin turns out to be as good as Toews or Bergeron or Kopitar than waste too much time thinking about Jack Hughes given how unlikely it is that we'll ever draft him.

Edited by kipwinger

2 hours ago, NerveDamage said:

well we'd need lots of luck to barely miss the playoffs and still get Hughes, unless he drops onto us in a Zadina kind of fashion. It'd be pretty much to have your cake and eat it too. cake is a lie.

It won't happen, just saying if we're going to draft 1st overall, that's the way I'd want to do it. F*** tanking, especially before the season even starts... After the deadline and we're way out of it, sure.

But hey, the Flyers had a 2.4% chance at Patrick and the Canes had a 3.3% chance at Svechnikov...

1 hour ago, Dabura said:

Obviously. Dorion isn't an idiot... He's not going to trade Karlsson within Division... He'll likely trade him as far away as possible... Maybe a team like San Jose...

Holland, get Wilson on the phone immediately!

56 minutes ago, Dabura said:

64523b8f88545fcf321ec7619873b87aeed3ced6

...to losing to the Sharks in the playoffs every year. Yeah I miss it too. 

1 minute ago, krsmith17 said:

Obviously. Dorion isn't an idiot... He's not going to trade Karlsson within Division... He'll likely trade him as far away as possible... Maybe a team like San Jose...

Holland, get Wilson on the phone immediately!

I could see Benning trading for Karlsson, then shipping him right out to us. Canucks are not at all prepared to "win now" and Benning would be willing to deal with Eastern teams, unlike Dorion and Melynk.

6 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

...to losing to the Sharks in the playoffs every year. Yeah I miss it too. 

I could see Benning trading for Karlsson, then shipping him right out to us. Canucks are not at all prepared to "win now" and Benning would be willing to deal with Eastern teams, unlike Dorion and Melynk.

lolz, and we are?