• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

Rumors Thread

Rate this topic

Well, AA plus what?  And I don't think a guy that's hurt all the time and has never topped 33 points can be classified a "top pair defenseman".  He's the 3rd best right handed defenseman on his team.  

2 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Well, AA plus what?  And I don't think a guy that's hurt all the time and has never topped 33 points can be classified a "top pair defenseman".  He's the 3rd best right handed defenseman on his team.  

I don't know what else, just saying that you were a bit off saying that I would overpay for Trouba, when all I said was I wouldn't give up Larkin, Mantha or Zadina, which I think is fair.

Trouba being the 3rd best right handed defenseman on Winnipeg is debatable. I think he's a better all around defenseman than Myers, but that's just my opinion. Even if he is the 3rd best right handed defenseman on that team, that doesn't say much. They're stacked in that area. It's like saying Nylander isn't a top line forward because he's the 4th or 5th best on the Leafs.

I think Trouba would instantly be our best defenseman, and better than anyone we have in the pipeline. Do you disagree with that?

I do disagree with that.  Let me ask you this, since he's a "top pairing defenseman who can log huge minutes" would you lock him up long term at 7 million like he's asking for?  Seems like a good deal for the player you're describing right?              

1 minute ago, kipwinger said:

I do disagree with that.  Let me ask you this, since he's a "top pairing defenseman who can log huge minutes" would you lock him up long term at 7 million like he's asking for?  Seems like a good deal for the player you're describing right?              

Yes, I would lock him up for 7 years. 8 if he were traded as an RFA.

What defenseman in our system do you consider better than Trouba?

I don't think he's better than Mike Green and is only as good as Daly. its  possible that either of Hronek or Cholowski may be as good at some point in the near future as well.

But you're avoiding the questions I'm asking.  Would you give him the 7 million per year he's asking for?  Also, put together a realistic trade proposal for him?

6 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

I don't think he's better than Mike Green and is only as good as Daly. its  possible that either of Hronek or Cholowski may be as good at some point in the near future as well.

But you're avoiding the questions I'm asking.  Would you give him the 7 million per year he's asking for?  Also, put together a realistic trade proposal for him?

I'd hear the argument for Green, but disagree completely on Daley. Either way, neither are long term solutions, being 30+ years old, and will be long gone before we're ready to contend again. I don't think Cholowski or Hronek will be as good as Trouba, but I guess it's possible. I think it's more likely that they top out as top 4 defenseman, but I guess that's all you believe Trouba to be (I disagree)...

Sorry, I wasn't avoiding the question, just misread. I seen 7, and for whatever reason assumed you were referring to term, not cap hit. I probably wouldn't go quite $7M, but I'd be comfortable giving him around $6-6.5M. Which is pretty reasonable consider it's only a $0.5-1M lower than his original ask.

On ‎7‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 9:25 PM, Jonas Mahonas said:

I would strongly consider Mantha + 1st for Faulk.  Strongly.  We have (5) top 9 left handed wings (Zadina, Athanasiou, Rasmussen, Mantha, Bertuzzi) and we can only play 3.  We DO NOT have a 1B defenseman.  Faulk fills that roll.  By the time Faulk reups, we will have the cap space to give him FMV.

No way. That is extreme overpayment. Faulk is a rental (basically) for two years. Unless we become a contender by acquiring him, there is nearly a 0% chance he does not test the UFA market. Even if he did decide to stay on, it would still be too much to give.

Svech and a 2020 1st (or a 2019 2nd) is the most I would offer for Faulk. I'm not even dealing AA for a rental.

The ONLY way I see Faulk staying for 8 more years after his contract is if we make the playoffs this year, sign Karlsson in July, somehow get a playoff proven goalie and we are in the top 5-10 in offense within those 2 years. There are just too many teams out there that are way better than us that have a ton of cap space to offer him PLUS be on a legit Cup contender.

Has anyone heard anymore about Krug being available?

The only D I give up Mantha and the 2019 1st (Lottery Pick) for is PK Subban.

...anyhow...

This is, IMO, why Larkin is going nowhere and will be the next Captain of this team.

https://mynhltraderumors.com/nhl-rumors-detroit-red-wings-and-the-nashville-predators/2018/07/15/

Edited by LeftWinger

8 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

No way. That is extreme overpayment. Faulk is a rental (basically) for two years. Unless we become a contender by acquiring him, there is nearly a 0% chance he does not test the UFA market. Even if he did decide to stay on, it would still be too much to give.

Svech and a 2020 1st (or a 2019 2nd) is the most I would offer for Faulk. I'm not even dealing AA for a rental.

The ONLY way I see Faulk staying for 8 more years after his contract is if we make the playoffs this year, sign Karlsson in July, somehow get a playoff proven goalie and we are in the top 5-10 in offense within those 2 years. There are just too many teams out there that are way better than us that have a ton of cap space to offer him PLUS be on a legit Cup contender.

Has anyone heard anymore about Krug being available?

Not to single you out specifically as I have seen similar posts by others, but i have to wonder, why do you think this? The Wings have not had any issues re-signing players that they want to keep. The only players that I can think of in recent memory that they've lost via free agency were players they didn't want to bring back. Seems to me that guys that play here like it and want to stay, regardless of the standings. Green and Vanek are perfect examples of that. Not every player is cup chasing. There is no reason to believe that Faulk or Karlsson would want to leave as free agents if they were acquired to play in Detroit.

I just think, for now and in the near future, there are far better options for him. But hey, you never know! But I still wouldn't want to give up more than Svech and a pick for him. Which means I am not getting him, but I just think anything more, especially the Chicago rumor, is catastrophic overpayment. Especially us being a potential lottery team again.

3 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Gotcha.  Faulk wouldn't be.  Good chance Mantha walks in 3 years.  I would be worried.  Same with Larkin.  He's probably walking right now.  That's why he isn't signed.  We are probably going to lose him to Restricted Free Agency.

I wish you would restrict my free agency  ;)

6 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Gotcha.  Faulk wouldn't be.  Good chance Mantha walks in 3 years.  I would be worried.  Same with Larkin.  He's probably walking right now.  That's why he isn't signed.  We are probably going to lose him to Restricted Free Agency.

Again, comparing apples to oranges I see... RFA and UFA are completely different circumstances... Mantha will still be a restricted free agent when this contract expires. Larkin is a restricted free agent now, and will either still be after a short bridge deal, or will be extended long term (and become our future captain). Neither are going anywhere and you know that. Remember how I mentioned Faulk hasn't really had an opportunity to walk until after his current six year contract is up (in two years)? The same will be the case with Mantha and Larkin. Sure they could hold out or demand a trade, but how many players actually do that? It's not going to happen. Hopefully this team will be competitive enough and still maintain that "winning culture" 8 years from now when they become unrestricted free agents and they're life long Red Wings.

12 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

No.  This is YOUR prediction.  Not fact.  Let me repeat.  NOT FACT.  You are so naive to business dealings, that you have no idea that Ken Holland could very easily negotiate terms of Faulk's extension well before he hits UFA.   Faulk is not Doughty, Karlsson, or Burns.  The whole world recognizes this EXCEPT you, KRS.  If Faulk comes to the wings for a package we are going to not like losing, you can bank on a gentlemens' agreement for hos extension already being in place.

What did I state as fact? I haven't once stated Faulk hitting free agency as fact. "I think he will". No, Larkin and Mantha being career Red Wings is not a fact, but I'd bet on it. You wouldn't?

None of what you're saying changes the fact that RFA and UFA are completely different. The whole world recognizes this EXCEPT you, JM.

LOL now I'm comparing Faulk to Doughty, Karlsson and Burns am I?

Go crawl back under your bridge. It's safer down there...

11 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

No.  This is YOUR prediction.  Not fact.  Let me repeat.  NOT FACT.  You are so naive to business dealings, that you have no idea that Ken Holland could very easily negotiate terms of Faulk's extension well before he hits UFA.   Faulk is not Doughty, Karlsson, or Burns.  The whole world recognizes this EXCEPT you, KRS.  If Faulk comes to the wings for a package we are going to not like losing, you can bank on a gentlemens' agreement for hos extension already being in place.

y5Kl3.png

35 minutes ago, The Datsyukian Deke said:

Great - if Kenny can get that down to 5.5 per, and then give that 6th year, it's absolutely brilliant.

I agree with trying to get that extra year (or three), but Larkin is definitely worth $6M. I'd even go higher if we could get longer term.

1 hour ago, krsmith17 said:

I agree with trying to get that extra year (or three), but Larkin is definitely worth $6M. I'd even go higher if we could get longer term.

I sure was hoping for a more team friendly amount, I must be out of the times.

I happen to think that Mantha gave us a team friendly deal, it would be nice if we could get Dylan for around $5M. I know it's only $1M from the source, but that $1M can be helpful in giving him a better team to play for. If Larkin gets $6, you have to think that Z is LTIR almost for sure.