• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

Rumors Thread

Rate this topic

I'll betting that Glendening is a Maple Leaf sometime this season. I believe with a new Gm there, Babcock may be able to convince him that Glenny would help that team. I wish that he wanted both Glenny and Helm, that would open up a good amount of space for the new wave and eventually UFA day.

1 hour ago, LeftWinger said:

I'll betting that Glendening is a Maple Leaf sometime this season. I believe with a new Gm there, Babcock may be able to convince him that Glenny would help that team. I wish that he wanted both Glenny and Helm, that would open up a good amount of space for the new wave and eventually UFA day.

I'll take that bet. There's no way Babcock will convince Dubas that Glendening is worth what Holland would be looking for in a trade. I think it would have been possible if Hunter took over, but with Dubas in charge, I don't see any chance Glendening gets traded to Toronto.

10 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I'll take that bet. There's no way Babcock will convince Dubas that Glendening is worth what Holland would be looking for in a trade. I think it would have been possible if Hunter took over, but with Dubas in charge, I don't see any chance Glendening gets traded to Toronto.

I'm kinda with Lefty on this.

The Leafs want the Cup; they'll be looking to acquire cheap, reliable veteran depth -- and we all know Babcock loves Glendening. It was reported that the Leafs asked about Glendening last season and Holland said he wanted a 2nd in return. With Glendening likely getting pushed down the depth chart this season, I could see Holland lowering the ask.

16 minutes ago, Dabura said:

I'm kinda with Lefty on this.

The Leafs want the Cup; they'll be looking to acquire cheap, reliable veteran depth -- and we all know Babcock loves Glendening. It was reported that the Leafs asked about Glendening last season and Holland said he wanted a 2nd in return. With Glendening likely getting pushed down the depth chart this season, I could see Holland lowering the ask.

I don't see Dubas giving up assets for a player like Glendening, no matter how much the coach likes him...

I think there's a reasonably decent chance that Glendening gets traded this season. I just really don't think that team will be the Leafs.

Glendening and the conditional 2019 7th (prev. Arizona) to Toronto for their two 2019 4ths. E100. :lol:

If Dubas trusts Babcock to tell him what he feels is a player that could help solidify their run, he should have no issue taking Bab's advise and acquiring Glenny.

Trading Glenny (along with putting Franzen on LTIR) will allow us to remain under the cap EVEN IF Zetterberg plays AND we promote BOTH Zadina and Rasmussen. In order to make this happen, we may have to accept less for him considering our cap woes. Glenny for ONE 4th rounder should get it done, but would love to have both from them.

...no those are not lines.  This will require Witko to double duty again as FWD/D for we would still be over the cap if Hronek is recalled.  Of course Glenny would have to be traded BEFORE the season for this to work.

Edited by LeftWinger

1 hour ago, krsmith17 said:

I don't see Dubas giving up assets for a player like Glendening, no matter how much the coach likes him...

I think there's a reasonably decent chance that Glendening gets traded this season. I just really don't think that team will be the Leafs.

Fair enough.

47 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Glendening and the conditional 2019 7th (prev. Arizona) to Toronto for their two 2019 4ths. E100. :lol:

If Dubas trusts Babcock to tell him what he feels is a player that could help solidify their run, he should have no issue taking Bab's advise and acquiring Glenny.

Trading Glenny (along with putting Franzen on LTIR) will allow us to remain under the cap EVEN IF Zetterberg plays AND we promote BOTH Zadina and Rasmussen. In order to make this happen, we may have to accept less for him considering our cap woes. Glenny for ONE 4th rounder should get it done, but would love to have both from them.

image.thumb.png.16b788a7b1c26d064c7c667448c1c286.png

...no those are not lines.  This will require Witko to double duty again as FWD/D for we would still be over the cap if Hronek is recalled.  Of course Glenny would have to be traded BEFORE the season for this to work.

Well, we all know this much: Glendening will not be traded before Game 1.

If he does get moved this season, it'll probably be during trade deadline week.

Lots of teams could use a depth defensive center that is really good on face offs but with Glendening contract I don’t expect much of a return besides salary dump. The Wings don’t really need cap space or the roster spot for a young player so it doesn’t make a whole lot of sense especially since they just lost a center

2 minutes ago, joesuffP said:

Lots of teams could use a depth defensive center that is really good on face offs but with Glendening contract I don’t expect much of a return besides salary dump. The Wings don’t really need cap space or the roster spot for a young player so it doesn’t make a whole lot of sense especially since they just lost a center

Exactly. This is all IF Zetterberg plays. If Zetterberg goes LTIR, we will actually NEED Glenny's defensive ability. Plus then, of course, there will be plenty of cap space and roster space for all of Rasmussen, Zadina and Hronek.