• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

Rumors Thread

Rate this topic

21 minutes ago, kliq said:

If he was worth a 2nd round pick, I feel that Vegas would have taken him.

Actually I think Leftwinger is close. Goalies weren't as much in demand at the time of the expansion draft. The fact that teams are even considering Mrazek now implies that that's changed. Craig Custance was saying that he thought Mrazek could fetch a 3rd round pick even at full salary and James O'Brien a 2nd round pick if the Wings pick up part of the salary. There are actually 6 teams who might be interested right now.

http://nhl.nbcsports.com/2017/12/14/which-teams-should-trade-for-red-wings-petr-mrazek/

If he can get a 2nd, you have to think that even the most stubborn Mrazek supporters would like that.

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

1 minute ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Actually I think Leftwinger is close. Goalies weren't as much in demand at the time of the expansion draft. The fact that teams are even considering Mrazek now implies that that's changed. Craig Custance was saying that he thought Mrazek could fetch a 3rd round pick even at full salary and James O'Brien a 2nd round pick if the Wings pick up part of the salary. There are actually 6 teams who might be interested right now.

I guess supply/demand is always a factor, so I can see that. IF we have given up on him, and get offered a 2nd, I say take it.

2 minutes ago, kliq said:

I guess supply/demand is always a factor, so I can see that. IF we have given up on him, and get offered a 2nd, I say take it.

I added the link to the article:

http://nhl.nbcsports.com/2017/12/14/which-teams-should-trade-for-red-wings-petr-mrazek/

You're not getting a 2nd for Howard. If you can get one for Mrazek and still keep the better goalie, you do it. Why would you keep Mrazek under those circumstances? This is a rebuild right? Trade who you can for what you can.

8 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

I added the link to the article:

You're not getting a 2nd for Howard. If you can get one for Mrazek and still keep the better goalie, you do it. Why would you keep Mrazek under those circumstances? This is a rebuild right? Trade who you can for what you can.

Well it depends on what your perception of Mrazek is. 

IF you believe he has elite potential, being only 25 years old you keep him.

IF you feel he is what he is, then you trade him for a second in a heart beat. (this is what I would do)

Agreed Jimmy won't get a 2nd now, but a year from now when he is on an expiring contract IF a contender loses their goalie, I think you could get that and more. That's a big IF though.

44 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

I'd ask for a high 2nd for Mrazek, and retain $3.5M. Cap hit for the rest of this season is a non issue.

They can only retain half the salary.  I also doubt that any team will give up a second for a guy who hasn't been good for almost 2 full calendar years, unless maybe they have multiple picks and feel that they can burn one.  I'll be impressed if they get a 3rd rounder for him.  I'm expecting a 5th, if they find a taker at all.

13 minutes ago, kliq said:

Well it depends on what your perception of Mrazek is. 

IF you believe he has elite potential, being only 25 years old you keep him.

IF you feel he is what he is, then you trade him for a second in a heart beat. (this is what I would do)

Agreed Jimmy won't get a 2nd now, but a year from now when he is on an expiring contract IF a contender loses their goalie, I think you could get that and more. That's a big IF though.

Do it.

4 minutes ago, DickieDunn said:

Actually what I'm expecting is Holland not trading him because "what if Howard gets hurt (like he does most years), having to use a guy currently in GR will hurt the playoff chances."

Don't do it.

IF management have decided that Howard is the goalie they're going forward with, and they want to move on from Mrazek, I'm all for trading him rather than losing him for nothing. If we retain half his salary, I think we'd be able to do better than a 3rd round pick though. If we can get a 2nd, go for it I guess.

Trade Green to Toronto for their 1st round pick.

Trade Mrazek ($2M retained) to Arizona for Minnesota's 2nd round pick.

Trade Ouellet and Pittsburgh's 3rd round pick to Montreal for Michael McCarron.

Trade Nyquist and Saarijarvi to Nashville for Dante Fabbro.

We'd go into next year's draft with two 1st round picks, three 2nd round picks, a 3rd, 4th, two 6ths and a 7th.

I know, I know, never going to happen, but that's the sort of trade deadline I'd like to see...

9 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

IF management have decided that Howard is the goalie they're going forward with, and they want to move on from Mrazek, I'm all for trading him rather than losing him for nothing. If we retain half his salary, I think we'd be able to do better than a 3rd round pick though. If we can get a 2nd, go for it I guess.

We'd go into next year's draft with two 1st round picks, three 2nd round picks, a 3rd, 4th, two 6ths and a 7th.

I know, I know, never going to happen, but that's the sort of trade deadline I'd like to see...

"No." - Ken Holland

Red Wings GM Ken Holland was on TSN 1050 and noted that their next 10 to 15 are critical and if things don’t go well for them, he’ll “be working the phones looking to the future.”

This is a little concerning to me. Holland should already be in sell mode and working the phones looking to the future... I don't believe everything GM's and coaches say to the media, but I fully believe that Holland thinks that this team could somehow squeak into the playoffs, and that that would be the best for this organization... It's not. 

57 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Red Wings GM Ken Holland was on TSN 1050 and noted that their next 10 to 15 are critical and if things don’t go well for them, he’ll “be working the phones looking to the future.”

This is a little concerning to me. Holland should already be in sell mode and working the phones looking to the future... I don't believe everything GM's and coaches say to the media, but I fully believe that Holland thinks that this team could somehow squeak into the playoffs, and that that would be the best for this organization... It's not. 

Unless ownership is telling him to keep pushing.  

2 minutes ago, DickieDunn said:

I've always thought this. A GM makes the moves, but ownership decides the overall direction. 

With that being said, I would love us to trade Green to the Leafs for a 1st. Just imagine we do that, then they hit a slump and nose dive and not make the playoffs. The thought of getting a Dhalin for Green would make me so happy lol. 

16 minutes ago, DickieDunn said:

That's even more concerning... Management aren't going anywhere, and if they don't realize this team is in desperate need to add some elite talent (top of the draft), we're in for a long, painful decade of Red Wings hockey. I've never been a proponent to tanking, but when it's clear the team is on the down slide, the best thing for the organization is to trade off assets to better the future. Especially this season being such a top heavy draft and deep first round. I don't think we should trade off half the team like some do, but I would be listening to offers on anyone outside of Larkin and Mantha.

13 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Yes! Bring Mike home! The Habs tried to make him a C which he is not. Adding him would give us the second big front of net F we need for the PP. McCarron on 1 PP unit and Rasmussen on the other. Now you move Mantha to the Slot-were he is at his best! Same with Svechnikov. Think of the top 6:

Mantha-Larkin-McCarron

AA-Rasmussen-Svechnikov

That could be one of the best top 6's in the league in a few years. You have every thing you need: Size, Speed, Skill, touighness, good O and good D.

The only thing I don't think you have right is what we send to get him. Montreal needs O. So Nyquist and Green to the Habs for McCarron and their 1st. That would work. Maybe even through in Mrazek if a little more is needed.

6 minutes ago, Richdg said:

Yes! Bring Mike home! The Habs tried to make him a C which he is not. Adding him would give us the second big front of net F we need for the PP. McCarron on 1 PP unit and Rasmussen on the other. Now you move Mantha to the Slot-were he is at his best! Same with Svechnikov. Think of the top 6:

Mantha-Larkin-McCarron

AA-Rasmussen-Svechnikov

That could be one of the best top 6's in the league in a few years. You have every thing you need: Size, Speed, Skill, touighness, good O and good D.

The only thing I don't think you have right is what we send to get him. Montreal needs O. So Nyquist and Green to the Habs for McCarron and their 1st. That would work. Maybe even through in Mrazek if a little more is needed.

To be fair, Montreal need offence and defense. I'd agree though that they're probably weaker up front. I'm not sure Nyquist would be a great fit there though and what would Montreal (a team in a similar spot as us) want with a rental in Green? I think Nyquist would be a great fit in Nashville, and I'd rather go hard after a Fabbro than McCarron. I'm not sure that McCarron will ever be a top line winger (more of a middle 6 winger), and I think Fabbro could develop into a top pair defenseman. I know the Habs do tend to overpay for their French Canadian players, so I'm thinking a package of Ouellet and a 3rd round pick could be enough.

18 hours ago, DickieDunn said:

Actually what I'm expecting is Holland not trading him because "what if Howard gets hurt (like he does most years), having to use a guy currently in GR will hurt the playoff chances."

The only playoff is for the #1 pick.

Edited by LeftWinger

Great article here by Krupa on the Wings “process”. Basically refusal to pass the torch to youth like they should be. Mantha still not playing enough, AA not playing nearly enough, Bertuzzi ( if healthy) and Hicketts not being on the opening night roster, and not playing Mrazek enough to get him back on track. Trading him for a pick now would be miserable management of his career. Riding the “hot goalie” doesn’t matter, because they aren’t doing anything anyways. 

Basically, stop worrying about wins and playoffs and giving vets ice time. It’s rebuild time. Let the kids play, learn  and make their mistakes now. Doesn’t hurt anything. 

https://amp.detroitnews.com/amp/108700394

8 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

Having chosen to compete for the playoffs while fashioning scant revitalization of the lineup, the Wings long ago lent considerable credibility to the argument they have frittered time.

The [sic] continue to do so.

I like Krupa, but holy God his writing style drives me nuts. AND PEOPLE WONDER WHY HOLLAND DOESN'T PAY ATTENTION TO THE MEDIA!

On 2017-12-15 at 8:47 AM, Euro_Twins said:

To keep saying the same thing over and over and over. I don't understand what is so difficult to understand. If you have 2 goalies both being paid about the same. One is playing bad, one is playing good. You want to trade one, you trade the one that hasn't played any good hockey in almost 2 years. Sorry about your bias, but he's had plenty of opportunity. He's had since February 14, 2016, he hasn't proved s***. 

It’s still a dumb move future wise. 

Teams are calling about Mrazek when he’s barely played and his numbers suck. What does that tell you? It’s an opportunity for them. A huge one if he plays fairly regularly and turns things around. Could be a steal and a half. Not many teams get calls about their backup when he’s in the situation he’s in. You would think they’d have better options with backups who have played more and have better numbers. Any trade for him is potential based, and the possible return greatly outweighs the pittance they may get him for.

Wonder if anyone’s asked about Howard? 

5 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Having chosen to compete for the playoffs while fashioning scant revitalization of the lineup, the Wings long ago lent considerable credibility to the argument they have frittered time.

The [sic] continue to do so.

I like Krupa, but holy God his writing style drives me nuts. AND PEOPLE WONDER WHY HOLLAND DOESN'T PAY ATTENTION TO THE MEDIA!

He still speaks the truth. Holland should have been off the “make the playoffs” train since the manhandling by the Bruins in 2014. Only reason they lasted 7 against Tampa in 2015 was Mrazek. 2016 they lasted 5 games.

Dumb deadline deals for vets near retirement (Erik Cole’s career was done after his injury before the playoffs even began) and routine off-season band aid fixes like Nieson and Daley. The good times are over. Play as much youth as you can, no matter the result. Does it really matter if the losses pile up more? No. They’re doomed anyways. High first rounders are good for rebuilds and stuff too.