• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

Rumors Thread

Rate this topic

Just now, krsmith17 said:

Imagine how exciting it would be if there were 30 GM's in the league like Marc Bergevin / Peter Chiarelli... 

Yo, @GaryBettdawg. Get on this s***.

3 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Hamilton not on the market I guess

He's running.

Hamilton 2020.

6 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Unfortunately, we recently lost one. RIP Garth Snow.

Snow always seemed to find a way to f*** the Islanders, but he's never really helped other teams the way Bergevin and Chiarelli have...

Elliotte Friedman was on Sportsnet 650 and said "I think Detroit has a lot of interest in Justin Faulk".

I've long been a fan of Faulk, and I'd love to acquire such a player. I'm just not sure if I'd want to give up the assets to acquire a player having 4 consecutive seasons trending in the wrong direction. He's only 26 years old, but also only has two years remaining on a reasonably cap friendly contract. I guess it depends on the cost, and whether or not we could move any defensemen in separate deals...

28 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Elliotte Friedman was on Sportsnet 650 and said "I think Detroit has a lot of interest in Justin Faulk".

I've long been a fan of Faulk, and I'd love to acquire such a player. I'm just not sure if I'd want to give up the assets to acquire a player having 4 consecutive seasons trending in the wrong direction. He's only 26 years old, but also only has two years remaining on a reasonably cap friendly contract. I guess it depends on the cost, and whether or not we could move any defensemen in separate deals...

Svech is gone

10 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Svech is gone

I'd do Svech+#30 for Faulk and if we are able to draft either Bouchard or Dobson, We will have a good start on rebuilding the blueline along with Cholowski and Hronek look out.

We are definitely in need of a back up tendy, but I have not heard we have any interest in Grubauer. I don't wanna waste a 1st on a goalie right now anyway. I think we sign Hutton or Khudobin and let Howard play out his contract before we make a bigger move like this. 

Dany Dube said on TVA sports last night that he has an extremely credible source that confirms Pacioretty will not be a Hab going forward.

Russo repoting that Zucker, Coyle, and Niederreiter are all be ing shopped by Minny

8 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

We are definitely in need of a back up tendy, but I have not heard we have any interest in Grubauer. I don't wanna waste a 1st on a goalie right now anyway. I think we sign Hutton or Khudobin and let Howard play out his contract before we make a bigger move like this. 

This. Wings are rebuilding. Why waste a pick to trade for a player to fill a position that can be filled via free agency without giving anything up? 

2 hours ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

+ 30th pick

Get er DONE!!

Pretty sure it would take another asset to get it done. I would still do it tho. Faulk would be an upgrade over Green, fills the need for a top pair D, he's a RH shot, and he will still be young enough to contribute when this team is contending again.

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

Probably too expensive for us, but would freak out if we could add him

1 minute ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

This. Wings are rebuilding. Why waste a pick to trade for a player to fill a position that can be filled via free agency without giving anything up? 

Pretty sure it would take another asset to get it done. I would still do it tho. Faulk would be an upgrade over Green, fills the need for a top pair D, he's a RH shot, and he will still be young enough to contribute when this team is contending again.

I think teams see Grubauer as a starting goalie, not a backup, which is why the asking price is there.

Sounds like we are out on Kovy (come home to me Vanek bb)

2 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Probably too expensive for us, but would freak out if we could add him

I think teams see Grubauer as a starting goalie, not a backup, which is why the asking price is there.

Which we both know this team already has. So why give up building assets just to swap starting goalies?

Just now, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Which we both know this team already has. So why give up building assets just to swap starting goalies?

You don't have to convince me, I'm not interested in dropping a 1st for a possible starter, especially when we have my muse, my flame, Jimmy Howard still under contract.

Here's that Faulk rumor:

1 minute ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

You don't have to convince me, I'm not interested in dropping a 1st for a possible starter, especially when we have my muse, my flame, Jimmy Howard still under contract.

I know YOU don't need to be convinced, but there are those who will say that this team needs Grubauer cuz he's better and "average" Jimmy sucks. Maybe so, but that short term upgrade only sets the rebuild back.