• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

Rumors Thread

Rate this topic

21 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I'd take Mason off their hands for one season to backup Howard, if it meant getting an asset in return. This is exactly the type of move Holland should be looking to make.

Right? Mason would be a pretty good backup, and we have cash burn, and it's only 1 season. I think it's really a crucial time to have 2 solid goaltenders in the lineup... I don't want this teams poor play being scapegoated by lackluster goaltending... When the defense fails I don't want any excuses, that way we can address the real problems.

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

2 minutes ago, amato said:

I’d take Mason for a year to gain an asset for sure. Hell, I’d take a year of Myers too if they REALLY want to shed some salary and make it worth our while. :P 

I heard they have some scrub by the name of Trouba on their team as well...

Mason and Trouba for Athanasiou and 2019 3rd round pick...

5 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I heard they have some scrub by the name of Trouba on their team as well...

Mason and Trouba for Athanasiou and 2019 3rd round pick...

Haha if only it were that easy.. kenny pls.

4 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Whatup YouTube it's ya boi Toby "N-Dawgg" Enstrom comin' atcha with a little Detroit reclamation action. Smash that like button.

This seems more like the actual Winnipeg connection we’ll end up with haha

On 6/24/2018 at 10:33 AM, krsmith17 said:

I'm not worried about Howard's cap hit. We don't need the cap space anyway. But if we can gain future assets for him, I'm all for it. I just don't see Holland trading him and signing two UFA goaltenders to fill the starter and backup positions.

I don't see goaltending as a low depth position for us at all. I think we have better depth at that position than most teams in the league. We have at least three (Larsson, Petruzzelli, Fulcher) that could be future NHL goaltenders. The problem is, they're all a minimum of 2-3 years away. We just added two more that are in a similar time frame away. We need a stop gap or two added to the organization. Maybe Howard is that guy. Maybe Rybar, or maybe a UFA...

The Caps just traded Grubauer, I doubt they'd trade Samsonov.

Ouellet needed to go. He's a borderline NHL defenseman taking a spot from a kid in Grand Rapids. I hope he gets claimed but I doubt he will.

same but with holtby winning the cup wed have to try and convince them to maybe make a move with samsonov .... maybe they have but we wouldnt know about it anyways 

ya i agree with ouellet would be nice to collect a 7th for guys like himself and rusos but its not meant to be 

10 hours ago, Dabura said:

DO NOT WANT

Why not? We need more LH D. Plus he's a native of the best state in the union.

8 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Pretty sure the Bruins traded him for the same sorta reason. He's an introvert and didn't fit in their lockerroom.

Sounds like he might also have a weight/conditioning issue.

There have been a lot of rumblings about Zetterberg hanging 'em up... Is this a real thing? I hope not... A lot of reputable sources reporting it as a possibility though...

Holland has said that he's been in touch with Zetterberg and as far as he knows, he'll be playing this season, but his back will be the determining factor. I know he said he was in some pain / discomfort at the end of last season, and couldn't practice, but for a player that has played 3 consecutive 82 game seasons (77 the year before), I'd think he still has some gas in the tank...

Maybe this is all just a ruse for the inevitable LTIR after this season... I hope he plays 3 more seasons, but I fully expect him to hang 'em up after this season (hopefully no sooner)...

20 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

There have been a lot of rumblings about Zetterberg hanging 'em up... Is this a real thing? I hope not... A lot of reputable sources reporting it as a possibility though...

Holland has said that he's been in touch with Zetterberg and as far as he knows, he'll be playing this season, but his back will be the determining factor. I know he said he was in some pain / discomfort at the end of last season, and couldn't practice, but for a player that has played 3 consecutive 82 game seasons (77 the year before), I'd think he still has some gas in the tank...

Maybe this is all just a ruse for the inevitable LTIR after this season... I hope he plays 3 more seasons, but I fully expect him to hang 'em up after this season (hopefully no sooner)...

This is exactly my thought. I think we'll see him play this season out then hang em up, which I'll be okay with. He's still a productive player obviously, but I imagine it's not easy playing with a chronic back issue.

8 minutes ago, Wheelchairsuperhero said:

This is exactly my thought. I think we'll see him play this season out then hang em up, which I'll be okay with. He's still a productive player obviously, but I imagine it's not easy playing with a chronic back issue.

Yeah, another season of Zetterberg is a great thing for the kids. I'd love to see Zadina get some time with him.

I just want him to join the 1000 point club. 40 points away. Assuming he plays and stays relatively healthy this season, he should definitely hit that mark.

4 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

He basically only showed up to games end of last season.