• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
GMRwings1983

Stars vs. Panthers Fight Night

Rate this topic

All triggered because the Panthers mistakenly thought that Roussel hit Reimer. Looks like Reimer just had a random groin pull or something.

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dallas-stars/stars/2018/01/23/without-actually-anything-antoine-roussel-sparked-tuesdaysstars-panthers-slugfest

With Luongo already out and now Reimer, 3rd string time for the Panthers

5 minutes ago, PavelValerievichDatsyuk said:

All triggered because the Panthers mistakenly thought that Roussel hit Reimer. Looks like Reimer just had a random groin pull or something.

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dallas-stars/stars/2018/01/23/without-actually-anything-antoine-roussel-sparked-tuesdaysstars-panthers-slugfest

With Luongo already out and now Reimer, 3rd string time for the Panthers

Howard or Mrazek

30 minutes ago, GMRwings1983 said:

Six fights in last night's game between these teams.  Wouldn't expect that between non-rivals.  What the hell happened to set this off?  

All the fights sucked

3 hours ago, kickazz said:

Howard or Mrazek

All the fights sucked

Was my initial thought too, but they're below us and so they'll probably just ride the tank to the draft with an AHL goalie at the helm. I guess it was a shortlived return with them finishing 1st in the Atlantic 2 years ago. Time to move them to Quebec city!

1 hour ago, Hockeymom1960 said:

What the hell are you talking about?  SMH

No need to get snippy.

I’m pretty clear in what I said. The fights were terrible. Do you enjoy low quality crappy hug fests that are called fights? Because that’s what those were. That except the one or two sloppy haymakers thrown.

Thought you watched old time hockey. Unless your standards have dropped.

“SMH” maybe they have.

Edited by kickazz

5 hours ago, PavelValerievichDatsyuk said:

Was my initial thought too, but they're below us and so they'll probably just ride the tank to the draft with an AHL goalie at the helm. I guess it was a shortlived return with them finishing 1st in the Atlantic 2 years ago. Time to move them to Quebec city!

Yeah they'll ride it out probably. 

And I actually agree, Quebec needs a team but the Panthers actually have a decent amount of fans now I think.

23 minutes ago, kickazz said:

Yeah they'll ride it out probably. 

And I actually agree, Quebec needs a team but the Panthers actually have a decent amount of fans now I think.

Maybe, but they're still always among the franchises that lose money big time (-11 million last year)

https://www.forbes.com/nhl-valuations/list/#tab:overall

But I guess that's not as bad as the 'Yotes or the Sabres so maybe there's some Nordiques in those cities.

Edit: Though I know it's not happening from anywhere while the CAD is weak.

Edited by PavelValerievichDatsyuk

16 minutes ago, PavelValerievichDatsyuk said:

Maybe, but they're still always among the franchises that lose money big time (-11 million last year)

https://www.forbes.com/nhl-valuations/list/#tab:overall

But I guess that's not as bad as the 'Yotes or the Sabres so maybe there's some Nordiques in those cities.

Wow didn't realize that Rangers were the best money making team for the NHL. 

Crazy.

I remember hearing the Quebec City had a lot of loyal fans but their market just wasn't big enough and too far away from Montreal to steal their fans. 

Edited by kickazz

32 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

Most NHL'ers today aren't accustomed to fisticuffs, and it probably hurts a lot when you're punching your opponents visor/helmet.

Long gone are the days where a good portion of any team had guys who were willing, and able, and in a good number of cases they'd remove their helmets.

Idk man McCarty, Kocur, Probbie blasted guys even with helmets on. I think players these days just don’t throw nearly as hard. Millenials are just not as angry.

24 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

Don't get me wrong - the vast majority of the time these fights back in the day were spontaneous, and those willing didn't care if you wore a helmet or not while fists flew.

I seem to recall many guys (probably later on in the late 90's, and after) that nodded toward each other to remove their lids.

I do agree with you otherwise - hockey at the NHL today is nowhere near as heated/hated as it was 15 plus years ago...It's why I'm less passionate today when compared to the 1980's/1990's...It's what the league wants now.

Yep, helmets off, sometimes even elbow pads, bringing up the sleeves and squaring up. Late 90s for sure. 

3 hours ago, F.Michael said:

Most NHL'ers today aren't accustomed to fisticuffs, and it probably hurts a lot when you're punching your opponents visor/helmet.

Long gone are the days where a good portion of any team had guys who were willing, and able, and in a good number of cases they'd remove their helmets.

A lot of fighters back then were popped on pills and other kinds of crap.  There was also an expectation that enforcers should be fearless and appear invincible to their teammates.  Players now are smarter about taking care of themselves.    

I just miss the game within the game that fighting was. You had the leafs v. the wings, but then you also had Domi v. Probie and who was gonna be able to put another win on their fight card against the other. Gave the game another layer of depth and made it interesting.

Nice when a fight breaks up a boring hockey game too