• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

10/26 Here Goes Nothing GDT - Jets @ Red Wings - 7:30 PM ET

Rate this topic

Red Wings won't 'sit back' in attempt to rebuild [NHL.com]

"Superstars win games. Superstars sell tickets. Superstars drive TV ratings. And to sit here and not have that kind of player, or preferably players, is painful. But that's as candid as I can be with you. We do have a plan."

"Quite frankly, we're not the most patient people. We've been used to winning. We may have to go outside the box to push this program along. I won't go into detail about that, but we may have to go outside the box and do things that normally aren't done in order to push us up the standings and to get more competitive."

"You need to start somewhere with a superstar," Devellano said. "We recognize that. I can tell you as long as Ken Holland and Jimmy D are involved, we will be aggressive.

"We won't be placid. We've been placid the last two years. We're going to be placid the remainder of this year. There's not much we can do. But if people think that as long as Ken and I are involved that we're going to sit back and not do something to shake the tree, so to speak, that ain't happening.

"That's where we are. We're in a tough situation."

2 hours ago, Dabura said:

Wouldn't this Seal song be more appropriate?

"We may have to go outside the box to push this program along. I won't go into detail about that, but we may have to go outside the box and do things that normally aren't done in order to push us up the standings and to get more competitive."

In other words..."We're never gonna survive....unless....we get a little....CRAZY"

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

2 minutes ago, Wheelchairsuperhero said:

Literally every team we play right now is so scary. What a weird feeling. Aside from maybe the Yotes I'm worried almost every game It's going to get ugly. Either way LGW, let's beat the Jets and ruin their confidence WOOOOOOOOOO

October schedule has been brutal. Fortunately (?), November looks less Dark Soulsy:

https://www.nhl.com/redwings/schedule/2018-11-01/ET