• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

HoweFan

2019 Draft

Rate this topic

4 hours ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Don’t see how this happens but if it does the redwings are Doing this 110% cause they know teams are scared off and they can land podkolzin at #10 otherwise this makes no sense at all

cant see them trading us hughes for the #6 alone 

C3570BF6-D98D-4D4C-831D-9F2B4ED5CFEB.png

The ONLY way I swap 6 for 10 is if Quinn Hughes is coming back with the #10. If that sounds like too much to happen, then oh well, I keep my #6.  You wanna play, you gonna pay!

2 hours ago, mackel said:

We're having this conversation today, not a year from now...  the theme I was responding to was 'why are people so interested/worried/etc about the 6th pick' I offered my reason for concern/interest and you've spent 3 or 4 posts trying to put words in my mouth, referring to things I'm not posting about and going on about hypothetical future scenarios... I'm having none of it... I'm sick of your BS.

Lmao yes give us your words of wisdom on our future 6th round pick ,let us be prepared for the dissapointement that is the lack of homeruns coming our way 

2 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

It would have to be a significant return for me to consider trading down to 10 from 6. Their 2nd round pick wouldn't come close. There's no way they would include Boeser in a package, but that's about the only way I'd be willing to trade back there...

You can't have those three highly skilled French Canadians on a team and not put them all on the same line... and with all that talent, Bertuzzi has no business being on the top line...

Well I don’t k ow what your expecting but we won’t get another 1st round pick back to move down 2-3-4 spots ... I’m just saying if he knows 110% for a fact that he can take podkolzin at 10 instead of 6 and add a 40th pick he’d do it if podkolzin is his pick , I would as well ... makes sense 

I think at the end of the day we will pick at #6 but if he wants podkolzin and knows for certain he’s there he’ll do it(just can’t think of anyone else at this stage with all the rumblings of pods that he’s consider dropping for ) just can’t see a zegras dropping to 10,boldy might be there but it’s risky 

31 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

The ONLY way I swap 6 for 10 is if Quinn Hughes is coming back with the #10. If that sounds like too much to happen, then oh well, I keep my #6.  You wanna play, you gonna pay!

Why do you create these scenarios that have zero % chance of happening ? Lmao , If pods is the target they basically won’t give us Quinn hughes and podkolzin for zegras and if they did the gm would be assasinated by fans on the way out 

#6 for hughes alone would be the only “realistic” deal but I don’t think canucks do it unless they really value a zegras or someone at 6 

19 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Well I don’t k ow what your expecting but we won’t get another 1st round pick back to move down 2-3-4 spots ... I’m just saying if he knows 110% for a fact that he can take podkolzin at 10 instead of 6 and add a 40th pick he’d do it if podkolzin is his pick , I would as well ... makes sense 

I think at the end of the day we will pick at #6 but if he wants podkolzin and knows for certain he’s there he’ll do it(just can’t think of anyone else at this stage with all the rumblings of pods that he’s consider dropping for ) just can’t see a zegras dropping to 10,boldy might be there but it’s risky 

11 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Why do you create these scenarios that have zero % chance of happening ? Lmao , If pods is the target they basically won’t give us Quinn hughes and podkolzin for zegras and if they did the gm would be assasinated by fans on the way out 

#6 for hughes alone would be the only “realistic” deal but I don’t think canucks do it unless they really value a zegras or someone at 6 

Both of us acknowledged that it wouldn't happen. We're just saying that if the Canucks truly want the 6th overall pick, they would have to be willing to massively overpay. I wouldn't do it for the 40th overall pick, because the players I want wouldn't be available at 10. You're one of the few people that think Podkolzin would be BPA at 6, so it would make sense why you would make that trade, since it's a high probability that he will be available at 10. If Benning wants to move up 4 spots in the top 10, he would have to pay. Of course we're not getting Boeser or Hughes in any sort of package, but anything short of that, f*** off. We'll keep our pick.

19 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Both of us acknowledged that it wouldn't happen. We're just saying that if the Canucks truly want the 6th overall pick, they would have to be willing to massively overpay. I wouldn't do it for the 40th overall pick, because the players I want wouldn't be available at 10. You're one of the few people that think Podkolzin would be BPA at 6, so it would make sense why you would make that trade, since it's a high probability that he will be available at 10. If Benning wants to move up 4 spots in the top 10, he would have to pay. Of course we're not getting Boeser or Hughes in any sort of package, but anything short of that, f*** off. We'll keep our pick.

Yes but that’s the players YOU want Haha, I’m saying if yzerman knows 110% for certain he can get his pick at 10 rather than 6 and add a 40th pick you do it 100 out of 100 times 

i am one of the few people but for whatever reason there’s a bunch of teams scared off of him that’s why I’m saying if yzerman wants him and knows for 100 % certain he can land him four spots later he will do it , same with zegras and whomever but podkolzin in my head is the only one that makes sense , maybe he loves boldy a lot who I think will be a really good player , caufield? Who knows 

again you’d keep the pick ... even if we picked podkolzin at #6 you’d get mad cause you didn’t want him but I’m sure if you found out after teams weren’t interested in him and we could of had an extra pick but we didn’t do it you’d be even more pissed ... that’s all I’m saying man , whoever  we have planned to get at 6 if we know 1000% we’ll get him at 10 and get a 40th back you always do that move 

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

14 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Yes but that’s the players YOU want Haha, I’m saying if yzerman knows 110% for certain he can get his pick at 10 rather than 6 and add a 40th pick you do it 100 out of 100 times 

i am one of the few people but for whatever reason there’s a bunch of teams scared off of him that’s why I’m saying if yzerman wants him and knows for 100 % certain he can land him four spots later he will do it , same with zegras and whomever but podkolzin in my head is the only one that makes sense , maybe he loves boldy a lot who I think will be a really good player , caufield? Who knows 

again you’d keep the pick ... even if we picked podkolzin at #6 you’d get mad cause you didn’t want him but I’m sure if you found out after teams weren’t interested in him and we could of had an extra pick but we didn’t do it you’d be even more pissed ... that’s all I’m saying man , whoever  we have planned to get at 6 if we know 1000% we’ll get him at 10 and get a 40th back you always do that move 

Well, no s***... 

I was obviously basing my comment on the player(s) I would be targeting at 6th overall. And none of the players I would be targeting would be available at 10th overall... so no deal.

IF Yzerman wants Podkolzin it would be a smart trade. If not, it would be dumb...

10 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Well, no s***... 

I was obviously basing my comment on the player(s) I would be targeting at 6th overall. And none of the players I would be targeting would be available at 10th overall... so no deal.

IF Yzerman wants Podkolzin it would be a smart trade. If not, it would be dumb...

Hahaha , well thats all I’m saying ... even if it’s not podkolzin , boldy whoever they want they know for certain they can land him 4 spots later we do it.... maybe we’ll get lucky somehow and yzerman gets some blackmail material and we can land the player we desperately need at the moment which byram

2 hours ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

I didn't make up the scenario that Vancouver is gunning for out #6 pick, I just said if they feel that it's so important to get to #6 and get "their guy" they are going to have to pay up to get it. Bottom line, Hughes and their 1st for the #6, if not, enjoy your pick.

1 hour ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

the thing is they are the one after our pick! That puts us in the drivers seat.  I can see your scenario happening IF we were the ones asking them to swap picks for the extra 2nd, but they are the ones wanting out pick, we set the price, not them.

2 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Here's how it goes, I trade my #6 pick to vancouver for the #10 and Quinn Hughes, then I draft Cole Caufield at 10. 

My 11 year old is taller than him...That said maybe Podkolzin is still available too?

Either way Vancouver will pay for that jump be it to 6th - 5th - 4th - etc...

32 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

I didn't make up the scenario that Vancouver is gunning for out #6 pick, I just said if they feel that it's so important to get to #6 and get "their guy" they are going to have to pay up to get it. Bottom line, Hughes and their 1st for the #6, if not, enjoy your pick.

the thing is they are the one after our pick! That puts us in the drivers seat.  I can see your scenario happening IF we were the ones asking them to swap picks for the extra 2nd, but they are the ones wanting out pick, we set the price, not them.

It’s a scenario that has a zero percent chance of ever happening , and we’re talking about a scenario where yzerman gets at 6 who he wants and feels he can get that player at 10 , he won’t give up the player he wants to go to 10 for s***s and giggles and again your hughes +10th pick for 6 isn’t even plausible 

yes they’re after our pick and we can ask for Quinn and the 10th for starters but we both know it’s just a conversation starter and they would move on to other plausible scenarios ....If yzerman trades back its cause he knows he can get who he wants ... not thinks 

anyways we’ll see Friday 

20 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

My 11 year old is taller than him...That said maybe Podkolzin is still available too?

Either way Vancouver will pay for that jump be it to 6th - 5th - 4th - etc...

Won’t be hughes and 10 , that will never ever happen.... I know some wings fan would up the 6th for hughes alone 

22 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

It’s a scenario that has a zero percent chance of ever happening , and we’re talking about a scenario where yzerman gets at 6 who he wants and feels he can get that player at 10 , he won’t give up the player he wants to go to 10 for s***s and giggles and again your hughes +10th pick for 6 isn’t even plausible 

yes they’re after our pick and we can ask for Quinn and the 10th for starters but we both know it’s just a conversation starter and they would move on to other plausible scenarios ....If yzerman trades back its cause he knows he can get who he wants ... not thinks 

anyways we’ll see Friday 

Won’t be hughes and 10 , that will never ever happen.... I know some wings fan would up the 6th for hughes alone 

Keep in mind that Brian Burke made a deal that acquired both Sedins...IMHO it's unlikely that we'd see us landing Quinton Hughes, and a quality pick at #10, but I'm thinking if that pot were sweetened with a few of our 2nd round picks...

18 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

anyways we’ll see Friday 

Literally no one is / was talking about this scenario other than you. The rest of us are talking about IF Yzerman's target is Zegras for example, he knows he won't be available at 10, so he's not going to trade back to get what he believes is a lesser player, for an additional 40th overall pick. That would be dumb. The only way he would consider a trade back in THIS scenario is if he gets massively overpaid by way of a top player / prospect.

None of us think that it's realistic to expect a Boeser or Hughes, but unless we're getting a huge return like that, we're not interested in moving back. They're the ones that want to move up, which means we're in the drivers seat... 

And by the way, when I mentioned Boeser, I was referring to some sort of bigger trade. Maybe 6 and Athanasiou for 10 and Boeser...

21 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Literally no one is / was talking about this scenario other than you. The rest of us are talking about IF Yzerman's target is Zegras for example, he knows he won't be available at 10, so he's not going to trade back to get what he believes is a lesser player, for an additional 40th overall pick. That would be dumb. The only way he would consider a trade back in THIS scenario is if he gets massively overpaid by way of a top player / prospect.

None of us think that it's realistic to expect a Boeser or Hughes, but unless we're getting a huge return like that, we're not interested in moving back. They're the ones that want to move up, which means we're in the drivers seat... 

And by the way, when I mentioned Boeser, I was referring to some sort of bigger trade. Maybe 6 and Athanasiou for 10 and Boeser...

Well why the hell would yzerman do that then? Like come on ... hey yzerman is Benning we want zegras you want the 10th and 40th , s*** he was our #1 guy on our list after hughes and kakko ... a 40th alrightyyyy then! 

He would obviously only move back if he felt the guy he really wants will be there ....and yes if canucks wanted him bad and wanted to overpay but it’ll never be what some of you are talking about so we can agree that unless yzerman truly believes the guy he wants will be there at 10 he won’t be making any mega blockbuster deals with the canucks on Friday 

10 + boeser for 6 and AA ... I’d do it but I don’t think they would , 22 and if not for injuries he’d have two 30+ goal seasons to start his career , ya can’t see it happening it would definetly involve them offering us more picks 

23 minutes ago, MileHighWingsGuy said:

Is there ever a scenario that ultimately doesn't morph into you all trading AA? 

NO 

lmao

3 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

BTW - who might this player be that is rumored to be of significant interest of the Canucks?

Cozens?

I think I heard dach? Not too sure ... maybe zegras 

1 minute ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Well why the hell would yzerman do that then? Like come on ... hey yzerman is Benning we want zegras you want the 10th and 40th , s*** he was our #1 guy on our list after hughes and kakko ... a 40th alrightyyyy then! 

He would obviously only move back if he felt the guy he really wants will be there ....and yes if canucks wanted him bad and wanted to overpay but it’ll never be what some of you are talking about so we can agree that unless yzerman truly believes the guy he wants will be there at 10 he won’t be making any mega blockbuster deals with the canucks on Friday 

10 + boeser for 6 and AA ... I’d do it but I don’t think they would , 22 and if not for injuries he’d have two 30+ goal seasons to start his career , ya can’t see it happening it would definetly involve them offering us more picks 

NO 

lmao

I think I heard dach? Not too sure ... maybe zegras 

$5 says it's a Canuck - erm - a Canadian.

Watching NHL Network - there was a pre-draft bit on Cozens - from the Yukon Territory, and moved to BC at 14 to expand his hockey career...Seems like an after school special made for Canucks TV.

That said it could be Dach.

2 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

$5 says it's a Canuck - erm - a Canadian.

Watching NHL Network - there was a pre-draft bit on Cozens - from the Yukon Territory, and moved to BC at 14 to expand his hockey career...Seems like an after school special made for Canucks TV.

That said it could be Dach.

Maybe it’s cozens ... don’t talk to me about nhl network still pissed those assholes would ditch Canada lmao , no f***en sense haha ... f***en  Gary 

4 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

If Byram and Cozens are off the board, I'd look to trade #6 with one of the teams picking 9 through 12 for their 1st and 2nd.  Picking up Broberg at #10 and pick #40 from Vancouver > Dach, Zegras, Caufield, etc.

5 hours ago, Buppy said:

Yes, even compared to the handful of other prospects who play in the pros. As an 18yo, Erik Karlsson scored 10 pts in 45 games in the SHL, and was also loaned to an Allsvenskan team for 7 games, scoring 1 point. 

Here's some all-time PPG rankings for U19 defensemen to play at least 20 games in the SHL (top list) and Allsvenskan (bottom). Nothing about these lists to suggest that offensive production (or lack of) at that level indicates anything. The fact that Broberg is in there at all at 17yo is why he's considered a high end prospect. 

GP G A P PPG
1 Fredrik Olausson (D) 29 5 12 17 0.586
2 Tomas Jonsson (D) 69 20 17 37 0.536
3 Roger Hägglund (D/C) 32 5 11 16 0.5
4 Mattias Öhlund (D) 34 6 10 16 0.471
5 Thomas Eriksson (D) 25 6 4 10 0.4
6 Tim Heed (D) 27 1 9 10 0.37
7 Mattias Olsson (D) 37 3 10 13 0.351
8 Rasmus Dahlin (D) 67 8 15 23 0.343
9 Kenny Jönsson (D) 39 3 10 13 0.333
10 Peter Andersson (D) 36 4 7 11 0.306
11 Victor Hedman (D) 82 9 16 25 0.305
12 Christian Due-Boje (D) 33 3 7 10 0.303
13 Adam Larsson (D) 87 5 21 26 0.299
14 Ulf Samuelsson (D) 64 12 7 19 0.297
15 Anders Eldebrink (D) 21 4 2 6 0.286
16 Adam Almquist (D) 28 2 6 8 0.286
17 Henrik Björkman (D) 22 1 5 6 0.273
18 Timothy Liljegren (D) 38 2 8 10 0.263
19 Erik Brännström (D) 82 3 18 21 0.256
20 Jacob Larsson (D) 67 6 11 17 0.254
21 Anders Wallin (D) 20 2 3 5 0.25
22 Calle Johansson (D) 45 5 6 11 0.244
23 Peter Andersson (D) 22 1 4 5 0.227
24 Bo Ericson (D) 66 4 11 15 0.227
25 Sebastian Aho (D) 63 2 12 14 0.222
26 Oliver Kylington (D) 50 4 7 11 0.22
27 Nils Lundkvist (D) 69 5 10 15 0.217
28 Tim Erixon (D) 92 9 11 20 0.217
29 Daniel Glimmenvall (D) 28 2 4 6 0.214
30 Erik Karlsson (D) 52 6 5 11 0.212

1 Oliver Ekman Larsson (D) 81 12 32 44 0.543
2 Fredrik Eriksson (D) 46 11 11 22 0.478
3 Anton Strålman (D) 41 9 9 18 0.439
4 Magnus Hedlund (D/C) 77 7 26 33 0.429
5 Mattias Ekholm (D) 38 2 11 13 0.342
6 Linus Cronholm (D) 36 2 9 11 0.306
7 Sebastian Erixon (D) 23 2 5 7 0.304
8 Rasmus Andersson (D) 81 6 18 24 0.296
9 Niklas Hansson (D) 47 2 11 13 0.277
10 Philip Larsen (D) 37 5 5 10 0.27
11 Jakob Ragnarsson (D) 49 4 9 13 0.265
12 Axel Bergkvist (D) 38 3 7 10 0.263
13 Tom Hedberg (D) 51 4 9 13 0.255
14 Olle Alsing (D) 50 2 10 12 0.24
15 Magnus Tenggren (D) 21 2 3 5 0.238
16 Patrik Norén (D) 52 1 11 12 0.231
17 Alexander Younan (D) 22 4 1 5 0.227
18 Robin Norell (D) 22 0 5 5 0.227
19 Jonas Emmerdahl (D) 31 0 7 7 0.226
20 Philip Broberg (D) 41 2 7 9 0.22
21 Tom Nilsson (D) 47 4 6 10 0.213
22 Hampus Lindholm (D) 20 1 3 4 0.2
23 Jesper Sellgren (D) 50 5 5 10 0.2
24 Dennis Persson (D) 51 4 6 10 0.196
25 Nils Andersson (D) 36 2 5 7 0.194
26 Rasmus Bengtsson (D) 63 2 10 12 0.19
27 Gustav Lindström (D) 48 2 7 9 0.188

I like how he has the same haircut as a 4-year-old who found the scissors. 

You can count the number of guys on this list who made an offensive impact in the NHL on one hand lol.  Apparently Sweden sucks at producing defensemen.  But I get your point.  Thanks for providing these numbers BTW.  Where did they come from?

6 hours ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

That's my f***ing point...

No one said any of these "asks" are reasonable. How often do you think trade talks get nixed because the ask is too high? All. the. f***ing. time...

If we wanted to move up to 3 or 4 to draft Byram. The ask might be our 6th plus Hronek. Would we do it? Hell no! But why would they ask for anything less? I'm sure they're quite content to make their pick, just like I'm sure Yzerman will be content to make his pick at 6.

Unless, his target is Podkolzin or Broberg, which I highly doubt is the case...

2 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

That's my f***ing point...

No one said any of these "asks" are reasonable. How often do you think trade talks get nixed because the ask is too high? All. the. f***ing. time...

If we wanted to move up to 3 or 4 to draft Byram. The ask might be our 6th plus Hronek. Would we do it? Hell no! But why would they ask for anything less? I'm sure they're quite content to make their pick, just like I'm sure Yzerman will be content to make his pick at 6.

Unless, his target is Podkolzin or Broberg, which I highly doubt is the case...

K so were in agreement we’ll very likely pick at  6 unless the person we want will 110% be there at 10 ... done lol