• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

HoweFan

2019 Draft

Rate this topic

6 minutes ago, Dabura said:

I think it's a testament to how deep this top 20-25 appears to be.

There's not too many players I'd be too upset about taking at 6 at the moment. Dach is probably at the bottom of my list, but I wouldn't hate adding him either. A lot of people thinking he could be our pick. I can get behind it.

15 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Is it just me or is who the Wings select at 6 this year much more controversial than in year's past?

I've heard Wings fans say they would love/ hate if the Wings draft each of Zegras, Caufield, Cozens, Dach, Krebs, Podkolzin at one point or another...

I think this is a result of last 2 years of 1st round drafting... Ras is underwhelming and Zadina wasn't the homerun many expected, based on a his unsteady play in the A and NHL.

I feel we can't have a miss or even a partial hit with this pick... personally I have little to no confidence in our last 2 top picks hence the hand wringing.

10 minutes ago, mackel said:

I think this is a result of last 2 years of 1st round drafting... Ras is underwhelming and Zadina wasn't the homerun many expected, based on a his unsteady play in the A and NHL.

I feel we can't have a miss or even a partial hit with this pick... personally I have little to no confidence in our last 2 top picks hence the hand wringing.

I'll give you Rasmussen, although I'm still hoping I was wrong on that one. But Zadina will prove to be a big hit in due time. Let's not get into that again though...

We absolutely need to hit on this pick though, along with our three 2nd rounders.

15 minutes ago, mackel said:

How the f*** is zadina not the  homerun pick we expected? He’s a bust after one year? He’s 19 years old man and his linemates he had in both leagues were nothing to write home about it’s way too soon to say he won’t be a homerun prospect 

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

4 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

How the f*** is zadina not the  homerun pick we expected? He’s a bust after one year? He’s 19 years old man and his linemates he had in both leagues were nothing to write home about it’s way too soon to say he won’t be a homerun prospect 

Calm down/grow up... did I say bust in my post?  NO... was he a homerun NO, far from it... and I'm not on an island by myself here either.

20190619_161200.jpg

7 minutes ago, amato said:

Zadina and Ras have averaged what like 12-15 min per game with lower lines? I'll reserve judgment for at least another season, if not two. Most prospects aren't difference makers right away, even in the top ten. 

Yeah, I'd also add that it may take Rasmussen a little longer than some of our other prospects to fully develop. It sometimes takes the big "power-forward" types a little longer to find their game at the NHL level. Look at Mantha. He's 24, and only now coming into his own. I wasn't thrilled with the Rasmussen pick, and wasn't overly impressed with him this season, but I'm definitely willing to give him another year or two to see how he progresses.

43 minutes ago, mackel said:

Calm down/grow up... did I say bust in my post?  NO... was he a homerun NO, far from it... and I'm not on an island by myself here either.

20190619_161200.jpg

Your quoting the lackies now? He played 9 games and had scrubs as linemates wtf did you expect ? It’s way too soon to say he won’t be a homerun pick 

I think Yzerman needs to draft a few French-Canadians in the later rounds.

Prop them up - make them look good - then in a few years Stevie can ship them off to Montreal for some of their best talent.

After all these years the Habs still got that raging provincial hard-on for French speaking players :lol:

11 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Your quoting the lackies now? He played 9 games and had scrubs as linemates wtf did you expect ? It’s way too soon to say he won’t be a homerun pick 

He also looked very good in at least 4 or 5 of those 9 games. I seen two of those games live (in Tampa / Sunrise) and he looked great in the game against Tampa. No one looked good in the game against Florida... But hey, mackel seen him play in Halifax a couple years ago, so he knows better than any of us...

15 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Wouldn't a lackie be towing the company line and saying everything is fine, JUST FINE... 

People, myself included may not agree with you...  It's no excuse to freak out and post a  knee jerk attack.  If you're so comfortable with your POV post accordingly but enough of the overly aggressive BS. (Thanks in advance)

I don't think much of Zadina that's long discussed and settled... but some folks thought he'd make the team out of camp and score 20+ goals.  That's a homerun... that's not what Zadina was year 1.

7 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

He also looked very good in at least 4 or 5 of those 9 games. I seen two of those games live (in Tampa / Sunrise) and he looked great in the game against Tampa. No one looked good in the game against Florida... But hey, mackel seen him play in Halifax a couple years ago, so he knows better than any of us...

I do ;-)

17 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

He also didn’t have very creative linemates as well , imagine If he had AA,mantha,Larkin,veleno etc... as linemates and not helm etc... I’m not worried about him at all 

12 minutes ago, mackel said:

Wouldn't a lackie be towing the company line and saying everything is fine, JUST FINE... 

People, myself included may not agree with you...  It's no excuse to freak out and post a  knee jerk attack.  If you're so comfortable with your POV post accordingly but enough of the overly aggressive BS. (Thanks in advance)

I don't think much of Zadina that's long discussed and settled... but some folks thought he'd make the team out of camp and score 20+ goals.  That's a homerun... that's not what Zadina was year 1.

I do ;-)

So if he comes out next year and gets 35 he won’t be a homerun pick cause he didn’t do it year one out of camp ... got it 

10 minutes ago, mackel said:

I do ;-)

Let me tell you how many games our grand slam (Larkin) played the year after being drafted.  Zero.  Give it a rest, dude.  They arent going to put Zadina in Helmdening.  He will get plenty of 2nd line 5v5 and pp minutes soon.  And once he gets to play alongside AA, Veleno, Rasmussen, Cozens, Mantha, Bertuzzi, and Larkin, you will see Zadina flourish.  Why the lack of patience for Zadina?  It makes zero sense.

Just now, Jonas Mahonas said:

Let me tell you how many games our grand slam (Larkin) played the year after being drafted.  Zero.  Give it a rest, dude.  They arent going to put Zadina in Helmdening.  He will get plenty of 2nd line 5v5 and pp minutes soon.  And once he gets to play alongside AA, Veleno, Rasmussen, Cozens, Mantha, Bertuzzi, and Larkin, you will see Zadina flourish.  Why the lack of patience for Zadina?  It makes zero sense.

Image result for doc back to the future gif

15 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

He also didn’t have very creative linemates as well , imagine If he had AA,mantha,Larkin,veleno etc... as linemates and not helm etc... I’m not worried about him at all 

So if he comes out next year and gets 35 he won’t be a homerun pick cause he didn’t do it year one out of camp ... got it 

We're having this conversation today, not a year from now...  the theme I was responding to was 'why are people so interested/worried/etc about the 6th pick' I offered my reason for concern/interest and you've spent 3 or 4 posts trying to put words in my mouth, referring to things I'm not posting about and going on about hypothetical future scenarios... I'm having none of it... I'm sick of your BS.

Edited by mackel

2 hours ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Don’t see how this happens but if it does the redwings are Doing this 110% cause they know teams are scared off and they can land podkolzin at #10 otherwise this makes no sense at all

cant see them trading us hughes for the #6 alone 

C3570BF6-D98D-4D4C-831D-9F2B4ED5CFEB.png

It would have to be a significant return for me to consider trading down to 10 from 6. Their 2nd round pick wouldn't come close. There's no way they would include Boeser in a package, but that's about the only way I'd be willing to trade back there...

3 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Ha.

Mantha-Larkin-Bertuzzi

Cozens-Athanasiou-Zadina

Lafreniere-Veleno-Rasmussen

Yes please.

You can't have those three highly skilled French Canadians on a team and not put them all on the same line... and with all that talent, Bertuzzi has no business being on the top line...

Just now, krsmith17 said:

It would have to be a significant return for me to consider trading down to 10 from 6. Their 2nd round pick wouldn't come close. There's no way they would include Boeser in a package, but that's about the only way I'd be willing to trade back there...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I've seen/heard - top 2 picks are looked at being nearly 'generational' in potential.

The picks from 3 to 7, or 8 are considered 'hi-end' caliber.

From around 9, or 10 is when the quality of player begins to drop...

Just now, F.Michael said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I've seen/heard - top 2 picks are looked at being nearly 'generational' in potential.

The picks from 3 to 7, or 8 are considered 'hi-end' caliber.

From around 9, or 10 is when the quality of player begins to drop...

For the most part, yeah I agree with this. I do think a high-end caliber player will be available at 10, but yeah, that's around where you'll see a bit of a drop off I think.

4 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

You can't have those three highly skilled French Canadians on a team and not put them all on the same line... and with all that talent, Bertuzzi has no business being on the top line...

Ok, We have blueadams for line management already!!!

8 hours ago, kipwinger said:

I'm genuinely not trying to harp on this too much, so bear with me.  But "generally unimpressive" compared to what?  Because I realize their raw numbers won't be comparable to guys in North American leagues, but are they unimpressive compared to other draft eligible players in the same European leagues over the years? 

Yes, even compared to the handful of other prospects who play in the pros. As an 18yo, Erik Karlsson scored 10 pts in 45 games in the SHL, and was also loaned to an Allsvenskan team for 7 games, scoring 1 point. 

Here's some all-time PPG rankings for U19 defensemen to play at least 20 games in the SHL (top list) and Allsvenskan (bottom). Nothing about these lists to suggest that offensive production (or lack of) at that level indicates anything. The fact that Broberg is in there at all at 17yo is why he's considered a high end prospect. 

GP G A P PPG
1 Fredrik Olausson (D) 29 5 12 17 0.586
2 Tomas Jonsson (D) 69 20 17 37 0.536
3 Roger Hägglund (D/C) 32 5 11 16 0.5
4 Mattias Öhlund (D) 34 6 10 16 0.471
5 Thomas Eriksson (D) 25 6 4 10 0.4
6 Tim Heed (D) 27 1 9 10 0.37
7 Mattias Olsson (D) 37 3 10 13 0.351
8 Rasmus Dahlin (D) 67 8 15 23 0.343
9 Kenny Jönsson (D) 39 3 10 13 0.333
10 Peter Andersson (D) 36 4 7 11 0.306
11 Victor Hedman (D) 82 9 16 25 0.305
12 Christian Due-Boje (D) 33 3 7 10 0.303
13 Adam Larsson (D) 87 5 21 26 0.299
14 Ulf Samuelsson (D) 64 12 7 19 0.297
15 Anders Eldebrink (D) 21 4 2 6 0.286
16 Adam Almquist (D) 28 2 6 8 0.286
17 Henrik Björkman (D) 22 1 5 6 0.273
18 Timothy Liljegren (D) 38 2 8 10 0.263
19 Erik Brännström (D) 82 3 18 21 0.256
20 Jacob Larsson (D) 67 6 11 17 0.254
21 Anders Wallin (D) 20 2 3 5 0.25
22 Calle Johansson (D) 45 5 6 11 0.244
23 Peter Andersson (D) 22 1 4 5 0.227
24 Bo Ericson (D) 66 4 11 15 0.227
25 Sebastian Aho (D) 63 2 12 14 0.222
26 Oliver Kylington (D) 50 4 7 11 0.22
27 Nils Lundkvist (D) 69 5 10 15 0.217
28 Tim Erixon (D) 92 9 11 20 0.217
29 Daniel Glimmenvall (D) 28 2 4 6 0.214
30 Erik Karlsson (D) 52 6 5 11 0.212

1 Oliver Ekman Larsson (D) 81 12 32 44 0.543
2 Fredrik Eriksson (D) 46 11 11 22 0.478
3 Anton Strålman (D) 41 9 9 18 0.439
4 Magnus Hedlund (D/C) 77 7 26 33 0.429
5 Mattias Ekholm (D) 38 2 11 13 0.342
6 Linus Cronholm (D) 36 2 9 11 0.306
7 Sebastian Erixon (D) 23 2 5 7 0.304
8 Rasmus Andersson (D) 81 6 18 24 0.296
9 Niklas Hansson (D) 47 2 11 13 0.277
10 Philip Larsen (D) 37 5 5 10 0.27
11 Jakob Ragnarsson (D) 49 4 9 13 0.265
12 Axel Bergkvist (D) 38 3 7 10 0.263
13 Tom Hedberg (D) 51 4 9 13 0.255
14 Olle Alsing (D) 50 2 10 12 0.24
15 Magnus Tenggren (D) 21 2 3 5 0.238
16 Patrik Norén (D) 52 1 11 12 0.231
17 Alexander Younan (D) 22 4 1 5 0.227
18 Robin Norell (D) 22 0 5 5 0.227
19 Jonas Emmerdahl (D) 31 0 7 7 0.226
20 Philip Broberg (D) 41 2 7 9 0.22
21 Tom Nilsson (D) 47 4 6 10 0.213
22 Hampus Lindholm (D) 20 1 3 4 0.2
23 Jesper Sellgren (D) 50 5 5 10 0.2
24 Dennis Persson (D) 51 4 6 10 0.196
25 Nils Andersson (D) 36 2 5 7 0.194
26 Rasmus Bengtsson (D) 63 2 10 12 0.19
27 Gustav Lindström (D) 48 2 7 9 0.188

57 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

I’m certain Cholo didn’t have any pubes when pic was taken.

I like how he has the same haircut as a 4-year-old who found the scissors.