• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dabura

9/28 Preseason Finale GDT - Red Wings @ Maple Leafs - 7:00 PM EST (NHLN, SN)

Rate this topic

1 minute ago, solarion said:

Well if you dislike Blashill, this is the kind of (non)effort that will get him canned...if it continues into the regular season.

Unfortunately, I think Yzerman might be even more patient with blashill then holland.

I'm not convinced Blashill is a problem, but he'll be gone eventually anyway if the guys play like this regularly. That was probably the worst period of hockey I've seen yet this young season. It wasn't the least bit competitive or entertaining.

Babs is the kind of hard nose coach players respond to ...for awhile. Then they start tuning him out. He's probably close to wearing out his welcome in Toronto, but time will tell. For all the talent on that roster, they haven't won anything yet.

Got a chuckle out of the intermission faux drama about who'll be the next leaf's captain. Golly, will it be Tavares or the guy apologizing for the drunk and disorderly charges? Shall we pin a "C" on the guy that got lit and harassed a female vet?

Awful game...they all pretty much sucked up and down the roster tonight. 

12 hours ago, F.Michael said:

At work so I cannot watch the game...Sounds like Babcock > Blashill...:tomato:

You missed one of the worst games any incarnation of the Detroit Red Wings has ever played.

Some of it was fatigue. Some of it was Babcock > Blashill. Some of it was the enormous talent gap between the teams. Some of it was probably nagging injuries. (Larkin was so bad that I have to assume he was playing through something.)

A lot of it was carelessness, laziness, and sheer stupidity on the players' part.

Larkin(...and everybody else) did look a bit slower than usual. That first goal where he tried to backhand a pass to the middle of the ice in the D zone was pure carelessness...the sort I've not seen from him in years.

They need to cut down the number of pre-season bouts or stretch them out(not likely)...the schedule is too compressed. I think the minimum allowed is 6...that'd be fine...maybe 7. Nine games in 11 days is kinda crazy...particularly with travel.

I got over this pretty quick. You could tell the Wings and leafs got into this game with completely different mindsets. The leafs came prepared and got jump from shift one. The Wings kinda just wanted to get this preseason over with without injuries. No focus and no hustle.

1 hour ago, solarion said:

They need to cut down the number of pre-season bouts or stretch them out(not likely)...the schedule is too compressed. I think the minimum allowed is 6...that'd be fine...maybe 7. Nine games in 11 days is kinda crazy...particularly with travel.

I am 100% in favor of shortening the preseason by a week and moving up the start of the regular season by a week.

2 hours ago, solarion said:

Larkin(...and everybody else) did look a bit slower than usual. That first goal where he tried to backhand a pass to the middle of the ice in the D zone was pure carelessness...the sort I've not seen from him in years.

they never/rarely played that many preseason games, I think Yzerman wanted to see as much as possible of what we have in our system.