• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
krsmith17

2019-20 Red Wings News, Notes & Quotes...

Rate this topic

How are Ehn and de la Rose immune to being scratched? They both suck offensively. Are they really that good defensively? I don't see it...

How about Nielsen? He's f***ing awful too. Can't scratch a vet making over $5M though...

Same applies to Daley and Green...

2 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

How are Ehn and de la Rose immune to being scratched? They both suck offensively. Are they really that good defensively? I don't see it...

How about Nielsen? He's f***ing awful too. Can't scratch a vet making over $5M though...

Same applies to Daley and Green...

1. Ehn and DLR aren't great, but do they really make any major mistakes? 

2. Gotta showcase your trade chips.

38 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

1. Ehn and DLR aren't great, but do they really make any major mistakes? 

2. Gotta showcase your trade chips.

I don't give a s*** about mistakes. As long as young players are learning from their mistakes, let them make them. However, a mistake made of a young player and a mistake made by a veteran is handled very differently...

I agree with showcasing trade chips, but no one is trading for Ehn or de la Rose. They're not NHL players. Waive them and be done with it.

31 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I guess they're both still pretty young and RFA controlled, so in theory should be kept around...

They gotta sign for like cheap thou

I hope you're not actually suggesting we should extend either of these hacks, are you?

2 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I'd want them as 13/14 forwards if we did, as long as they're cost controlled.

As long as they're not in the lineup on a regular basis, I'd be fine with it. Problem is, 13th/14th forwards play a fair amount of games throughout the season. Whether there's an injury, or sitting a kid, for... reasons. I'd prefer to see any combination of Glendening / Abdelkader / Helm / Erne / Kuffner / Turgeon / Pearson / Smith as our 4th line and 13th/14th forwards over Ehn / de la Rose...

12 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

I was referring to Green and Daley

I'm not sure we'd get much of anything for either of them either, unfortunately... 

IF they can both stay healthy, I can see Green maybe having 20 points, and Daley maybe 10 points... I wouldn't expect anything more than a 3rd round pick for Green and 5th round pick for Daley at this point in their careers....

2 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

I'm not sure we'd get much of anything for either of them either, unfortunately... 

IF they can both stay healthy, I can see Green maybe having 20 points, and Daley maybe 10 points... I wouldn't expect anything more than a 3rd round pick for Green and 5th round pick for Daley at this point in their careers....

Mercifully they are gone at seasons end.  Hicketts should really play ahead of either of them.

I think Steve will clear house this summer... I'd not be surprised to see a few Red Wings whitness relocated to Robidas Island. 

5 hours ago, mackel said:

Mercifully they are gone at seasons end.  Hicketts should really play ahead of either of them.

I think Steve will clear house this summer... I'd not be surprised to see a few Red Wings whitness relocated to Robidas Island. 

Robidas_Island.0.jpeg

Nielsen needs to become allergic to hockey pucks and sent to the Island Republic of LTIR

Interesting tidbit from LeBrun's recent article on The Athletic, "Coaches who could soon be free agents"...

"There are three head coaches on expiring deals, more or less, this season:

• Detroit’s Jeff Blashill signed a two-year extension late last season with the Red Wings but my understanding is that it’s a one-year deal plus a club option for Year 2. So this season is the only guaranteed part of things.
  • Minnesota’s Bruce Boudreau...
  • Winnipeg’s Paul Maurice..."

1 minute ago, krsmith17 said:

Interesting tidbit from LeBrun's recent article on The Athletic, "Coaches who could soon be free agents"...

• Detroit’s Jeff Blashill signed a two-year extension late last season with the Red Wings but my understanding is that it’s a one-year deal plus a club option for Year 2. So this season is the only guaranteed part of things.

This caught my eye also!!

3 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

I would choose either of the latter two over Blashill TBH

10 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

I would choose either of the latter two over Blashill TBH

We cant get rid him now. Tankmaster Blash is gonna deliver us Lafraniere/Byfield.

But as soon as the horn blows after the third period of the last game this season I want Steve to announce the news that the Red Wings have decided to not use the option to give the second year the coach's contract. 

Edited by Akakabuto