• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
ChristopherReevesLegs

Illitch Holding Hires PR Firm

Rate this topic

On 10/28/2019 at 2:31 PM, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Well they could start by paying their millions in back taxes, and the finish your "district Detroit" development in the way you promised, and finally stop being lying, opportunistic, scumbags.  But that's just me.

2 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Well they could start by paying their millions in back taxes, and the finish your "district Detroit" development in the way you promised, and finally stop being lying, opportunistic, scumbags.  But that's just me.

I mean personally I blame Detroit (the city government)

Is anyone really surprised that the company/family that owns Little Caesars $5 pizzas is scumming their way to pinch pennies and save a buck? It's kind of expected. They're just pressing the advantage given to them.

And then I look at the bigger picture (the city of Detroit and how it's run) and I'm not at all surprised they were able to swindle their way into basically doing anything they want. Detroit has been a poorly run s*** pit for decades. And history says that wont change.

1 minute ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Is anyone really surprised that the company/family that owns Little Caesars $5 pizzas is scumming their way to pinch pennies and save a buck? It's kind of expected. They're just pressing the advantage given to them.

And then I look at the bigger picture (the city of Detroit and how it's run) and I'm not at all surprised they were able to swindle their way into basically doing anything they want. Detroit has been a poorly run s*** pit for decades. And history says that wont change.

Sure, but that's beside the point.  The Illitch family is hiring a PR firm because the public has correctly identified that they are scumbags too.  An easy way to solve that would be to stop being disgusting.  Or just hire a PR firm I guess.

Sure, but that's beside the point.  The Illitch family is hiring a PR firm because the public has correctly identified that they are scumbags too.  An easy way to solve that would be to stop being disgusting.  Or just hire a PR firm I guess.

I briefly met Chris Illitch's brother (the one who died a few years ago, can't remember his name at the moment) at a house party about 10 years ago. He was childhood friends with the home owner.

He pulled up in lambo in a quiet suburban neighborhood in metro Detroit. Whipped out a joint within 10 minutes of being in the home. Let me sit in his lambo. Left to score coke after about an hour. Didn't even talk to me about the Wings. Pretty clear he had been a degenerate playboy his entire life.

Kinda sad, but also fun. Scummy fersure though.

I briefly met Chris Illitch's brother (the one who died a few years ago, can't remember his name at the moment) at a house party about 10 years ago. He was childhood friends with the home owner.

He pulled up in lambo in a quiet suburban neighborhood in metro Detroit. Whipped out a joint within 10 minutes of being in the home. Let me sit in his lambo. Left to score coke after about an hour. Didn't even talk to me about the Wings. Pretty clear he had been a degenerate playboy his entire life.

Kinda sad, but also fun. Scummy fersure though.

None of which bothers me (or is as scummy) as basically every single thing they did with respect to the new arena development. 

None of which bothers me (or is as scummy) as basically every single thing they did with respect to the new arena development. 

Just saying I think Mike only cared about money his whole life. His whole family was a mess outside of Chris. Just speculating though.

I don't think I know enough about what actually went down with the Detroit District stuff.

1 hour ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

CcIV8unUEAAuFVk.jpg

Be me
Son of @Neomaxizoomdweebie
Favorite show is Full House
Uncle Joey is hilarious and have major boyhood crush on DJ Tanner
Dream of driving convertible over the Golden Gate Bridge like in the intro
One day Mom asks where we should go on vacation this year
My eyes light up "SAN FRANCISCO" I tell her excitedly
Mom looks troubled "...are... are you sure that's where you want to go son of Neo?" she asks
"YES PLEAS PLEASE PLEASE" I tell her
"Uhhh ok... well ok... don't say anything to your father though, let me tell him ok?" Mom says
I agree
That night I fall asleep with dreams of tacos, in-n-out burger, cable cars, and sunny Cali beaches filling my dreams
Suddenly I am awoken by a loud yell
"SAN ******* FRANCISCO?!?!?!"
It's Dad, and he sounds madder than usual
"THEY'RE COMMUNISTS SARAH! I'M NOT GIVING ONE DIME TO THOSE LIBTARDS"
I can hear crashing down stairs now, Dad is collecting everything that reminds him of California again
Soon I can hear footsteps on the stairs
Dad bursts into my room with a bag full avocados, raisins, full wine bottles, hidden valley ranch bottles, and Eagles CDs
He rips my Kobe Bryant Lakers poster off the wall and stuffs it in the bag
I'm crying now
"THEY GIVE MONEY TO ILLEGAL ALIENS INSTEAD OF REPAIRING THEIR OWN INFRASTRUCTURE SON"
He storms out and burns up the bag of California products on the grill in the backyard
Eventually he turns on Fox News to calm himself down and the yelling about the 2nd amendment subsides
The TV is loud enough to drown out Moms weeping
3 months later Mom took me to San Fran
Dad stayed home to s*** post about sports online
Was fun, saw a sea lion
Thanks Mom

This will probably happen exactly like this.

24 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

It is a little bit ridiculous that corporate owned sports teams want public funds to build arenas. If u think u need a new arena to sell more tickets, then build one.

The thing is, if these arenas are supposed to be as profitable as the owners claim in order swindle the cities into paying for them, then they would build them on their own in order to keep all the profit.

They know it takes YEARS to recoup that expense if at all. So let's just have the government pay it. Sure, why not. Healthcare, college tuitions, sports arenas, social programs...taxpayer money is infinite.

1 minute ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

It is a little bit ridiculous that corporate owned sports teams want public funds to build arenas. If u think u need a new arena to sell more tickets, then build one.

The thing is, if these arenas are supposed to be as profitable as the owners claim in order swindle the cities into paying for them, then they would build them on their own in order to keep all the profit.

They know it takes YEARS to recoup that expense if at all. So let's just have the government pay it. Sure, why not. Healthcare, college tuitions, sports arenas, social programs...taxpayer money is infinite.

You're not wrong.

I just see the problem as lying with the government. I operate a side business on top of my day job. Of course I would accept tax payer money to cover my startup or overhead costs. Free money is free money. If the government is dumb enough to give it to me that's on them.

You're not wrong.

I just see the problem as lying with the government. I operate a side business on top of my day job. Of course I would accept tax payer money to cover my startup or overhead costs. Free money is free money. If the government is dumb enough to give it to me that's on them.

Yes, but the difference is you don't ask for it, or threaten to leave the city if you dont get the taxpayers to pay for it. That's corporate extortion as far as I'm concerned, and I'm a capitalist!

4 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Yes, but the difference is you don't ask for it, or threaten to leave the city if you dont get the taxpayers to pay for it. That's corporate extortion as far as I'm concerned, and I'm a capitalist!

I mean call me a dirty libertarian, but let the Wings leave. Call their bluff. They won't go. If they did I would 100% walk and be done with the team. Good luck in Houston or wherever they go.

I would think the NHL would have some strong words for an original six team thinking of relocating.

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

14 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Be @marcaractac and/or @krsmith17
Newfoundlander
Get tix for Newfie music jig contest down at the local one room school house
Only one loony
Hitch up the horse and buggy
Stale beer swells my lonely, lonely depressed gut, momentarily keeping the darkness at bay
Head down yee ol dirt trail
Pass no one on the way because population 5
Only have to stop 3 times to feed n water Dan Cleary, my horse
Park the horse n buggy at the general store
Only one loony
Spot the igloo I was born in, and my father b4 me, and his father b4 him on my way to the school
"This here snow house sure is cold" I had said
It was
Finally arrive at one room school house
Can't believe it only took the community one week to come together and build such a fine structure
Lose the jig contest, but it's ok because I'm falling down drunk at this point anyway
"jsfdgasksdhgflaks" I exclaim bc I'm hammered
Try not to sleep with any 1st cousins on my way back to the buggy
Pick up a mince meat pie for the ride home
Only one loony
Remember that I should bring grain to trade next time

Hey now, I'm not a Newfoundlander, I just live here. I'm a good Ontario boy!

But to keep your post current, it should be :

'Get tix for the Barack Obama talk at Mile One'

15 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Still wouldn't trade

Imagine having to hang out in the one bar in Newfoundland with @marcaractac and @krsmith17 every weekend listening to Newfie music and trying to marry your 2nd cousin

We have an entire street of bars. Also, you know you'd love it

15 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I live in a much worse place than Detroit

So do I :w00t:

Edited by marcaractac

11 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Just saying I think Mike only cared about money his whole life. His whole family was a mess outside of Chris. Just speculating though.

I don't think I know enough about what actually went down with the Detroit District stuff.

I seem to recall 1 of the Ilitch daughters is/was suing her parents on behalf of some workers comp issue...No more Christmas stockings for her.

11 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

We live in a unique country where socialized medicine is evil, but taxpayer $$$ going towards a massive new arena is a great 'investment'...The Pettit's here in Milwaukee paid for the Bradley Center back in '88 for an expansion NHL franchise that never came...It was deemed a 'dump' by the new Bucks owners - so here comes the Fiserv Forum...Taxpayer $$$ well spent - eh?

English Premier League soccer...Many of their 'grounds' date back 80 plus years...They just add-on, or renovate...Club owners for the most part are financially responsible for it - unless they get lots of corporate $$$...Little to no taxpayer $$$ involved...But they do have bad teeth.

1 hour ago, F.Michael said:

I seem to recall 1 of the Ilitch daughters is/was suing her parents on behalf of some workers comp issue...No more Christmas stockings for her.

We live in a unique country where socialized medicine is evil, but taxpayer $$$ going towards a massive new arena is a great 'investment'...The Pettit's here in Milwaukee paid for the Bradley Center back in '88 for an expansion NHL franchise that never came...It was deemed a 'dump' by the new Bucks owners - so here comes the Fiserv Forum...Taxpayer $$$ well spent - eh?

English Premier League soccer...Many of their 'grounds' date back 80 plus years...They just add-on, or renovate...Club owners for the most part are financially responsible for it - unless they get lots of corporate $$$...Little to no taxpayer $$$ involved...But they do have bad teeth.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRy3crdUbhONbGob3PdeEN

Ignore the lack of funding for social services, bloated military spending, endless wars, and political and economic corruption by the senators and patricians. THE PEOPLE NEED THEIR GAMES!

To our northern border there is a frigid wasteland full of unwashed brutish peoples called Canadium. We must subjugate it into an American province before winter comes.

For the glory of the states!

pic unrelated

1 hour ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRy3crdUbhONbGob3PdeEN

Ignore the lack of funding for social services, bloated military spending, endless wars, and political and economic corruption by the senators and patricians. THE PEOPLE NEED THEIR GAMES!

To our northern border there is a frigid wasteland full of unwashed brutish peoples called Canadium. We must subjugate it into an American province before winter comes.

For the glory of the states!

pic unrelated

Yeah, but.....Their beer, and whiskey suck moose balls.

Now.....If you were to appoint me to be the head of a newly created Dept of LGBT  (liquor/guns/bacon/tobacco)  - I would not let you down my Liege.

Image result for roman empire commander

3 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

Now.....If you were to appoint me to be the head of a newly created Dept of LGBT  (liquor/guns/bacon/tobacco)  - I would not let you down my Liege.

It's cute how they always claim their beer is superior...

They're all nasty pagans and heretics who worship the old gods like the Queen of England and Wayne Gretsky.

Replace bacon with boobs and I think you're on the right track

13 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

Canadian rye sucks ballz 4 sure. But our "fast food beer" is better than yours and, like you, we also have a trillion pretentious craft breweries. So, in conclusion, you're only half right. 

2 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

feelin so cute right now

Edited by The 91 of Ryans

6 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

They're all nasty pagans and heretics who worship the old gods like the Queen of England and Wayne Gretsky.

We have better bacon :ninja:

11 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Related image

8 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

Damn Canucks even hi-jacked my beloved Fantasy Hockey logo...

maple leaf nose.jpg

Let me vent this for 2 seconds. When you look around at the flags of modern 1st world countries, Canada's looks insane by comparison.

330451.png

Australia, normal, bars + stars

DE-Germany-Flag-icon.png

Germany, normal, tri color bars

FR-France-Flag-icon.png

France, normal

GB-United-Kingdom-Flag-icon.png

United Kingdom, normal

CZ-Czech-Republic-Flag-icon.png

Czech republic, weirdo triangle, but still pretty normal

united-states.png

United States, bars + stars, normal

SE-Sweden-Flag-icon.png

Sweden, bold colors, but still aggressively normal

RU-Russia-Flag-icon.png

Even loony Russia, remarkably normal

..... then there's Canada

canada.png

They put a ******* leaf in the center of their flag. Like what...? It's like their entire message to the world is "we're not really taking any of this seriously"

We're worried about China and Iran and N Korea all the time, when the real tom-foolery is on our doorstep just a few miles north

23 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Let me vent this for 2 seconds. When you look around at the flags of modern 1st world countries, Canada's looks insane by comparison.

330451.png

Australia, normal, bars + stars

DE-Germany-Flag-icon.png

Germany, normal, tri color bars

FR-France-Flag-icon.png

France, normal

GB-United-Kingdom-Flag-icon.png

United Kingdom, normal

CZ-Czech-Republic-Flag-icon.png

Czech republic, weirdo triangle, but still pretty normal

united-states.png

United States, bars + stars, normal

SE-Sweden-Flag-icon.png

Sweden, bold colors, but still aggressively normal

RU-Russia-Flag-icon.png

Even loony Russia, remarkably normal

..... then there's Canada

canada.png

They put a ******* leaf in the center of their flag. Like what...? It's like their entire message to the world is "we're not really taking any of this seriously"

We're worried about China and Iran and N Korea all the time, when the real tom-foolery is on our doorstep just a few miles north

Mozambique...Gangsta with that AK.

image.png.6166632868f4a88f8b53913586d5bfe0.png

Edited by F.Michael