• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
ChristopherReevesLegs

Babs got fired

Rate this topic

Leafs fire Babs  

28 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

I don't think they're top heavy at all.  In fact, they have awesome scoring depth.  Outside of the big four forwards, Kapanen, Johnsson, and Hyman all scored 20 goals last year.  That's 7 forwards with 20+ goal upside that can be spread out over three lines.  Since then they've added Mikheyev, Kerfoot and Spezza.  They're SUPER deep offensively.

When I say top heavy I mean the forward group is their strength, and it's loaded with offensive guys. Completely agree their scoring depth is insanely strong.

It just seems to be mostly skill guys in their forward group + their main Dmen are geared toward offense.

Not saying this is a bad thing, but I can see them getting outworked and shutdown in a playoff series, and then having nothing else to offer.

8 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

As far as stars playing soft, maybe.  But that's not really unusual for young players.  People said the same thing about Dats and Z when they were young.  Hell, you can look back through old LGW threads and see all sorts of similar complaints about those two in various idiotic trade proposals.  Same old story, they play "soft", they're selfish, they don't play defense.  Anytime anybody wants some nebulus criticism to bash a player they don't like it's one of those three.  Premier talent almost never enters the league playing a fully rounded game.  They've never had to.  And most of them haven't learned (yet) to play a tough game either.  Again, because they've never had to.  Then they get a little older, develop more, have more coaching, and become everything everybody says they aren't  (a la Crosby).  Maybe the three of them will turn out to be Alexander Semin 2.0, 3.0, and 4.0.  But I doubt it.

I thought Babs would be the ideal coach to turn their soft stars into powerhouse two-way players. Sorta like how Zberg and Dats became this way.

2 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

When I say top heavy I mean the forward group is their strength, and it's loaded with offensive guys. Completely agree their scoring depth is insanely strong.

It just seems to be mostly skill guys in their forward group + their main Dmen are geared toward offense.

Not saying this is a bad thing, but I can see them getting outworked and shutdown in a playoff series, and then having nothing else to offer.

I thought Babs would be the ideal coach to turn their soft stars into powerhouse two-way players. Sorta like how Zberg and Dats became this way.

It's ok. You don't need kip's approval. I'm sure there are other nice girls who would like to be your friend.

2 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I'm not sold on the fact that Babs had all that much to do with the two-way play of those two guys.  There was a strong two-way culture on the Red Wings before Babs got there.  I think he demanded that they play defense, and taught them how he wanted it done in his system, but I think they were already bought in because guys like Yzerman, Lidstrom, Fedorov, etc. were the team leaders when their careers started and they all played that way. 

2 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

I'm not sold on the fact that Babs had all that much to do with the two-way play of those two guys.  There was a strong two-way culture on the Red Wings before Babs got there.  I think he demanded that they play defense, and taught them how he wanted it done in his system, but I think they were already bought in because guys like Yzerman, Lidstrom, Fedorov, etc. were the team leaders when their careers started and they all played that way. 

Maybe, I definitely can't say for certain it was all Babs

3 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

I love how the journo's are now calling every player that have ever been in the same organization at the same time as Babcock looking for a story.

It's reeeedickulous. 

The day Babcock signed in Toronto I began dreaming about the day he got fired. 

Leave it to Leafs fan/media to ruin even this for me. He's gone. Get over it. Go back to talking about what kind of beard oil Nylander uses FFS. 

3 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

I love how the journo's are now calling every player that have ever been in the same organization at the same time as Babcock looking for a story.

Based Kenny knows who's boss.

The Toronto effect really is a thing. The media s***storm, piling on, and retroactive witch hunting is nuts. I don't think there was anyway Babs was ever gonna leave that organization in good graces unless he retired with multiple cups.

1 minute ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

It's reeeedickulous. 

The day Babcock signed in Toronto I began dreaming about the day he got fired. 

Leave it to Leafs fan/media to ruin even this for me. He's gone. Get over it. Go back to talking about what kind of beard oil Nylander uses FFS. 

It's kind of fun to watch these clowns though.

The gloating about them being THE MODEL FRANCHISE when they signed him is hilarious in retrospect

BEST COACH IN HOCKEY, wait no, WORST COACH IN HOCKEY

Bi-polar Toronto needs to take their schizo meds

7 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

It's reeeedickulous. 

6 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

The Toronto effect really is a thing

I mean, Carlo f***in' Colaiacovo? Dude played six games in one season for Mike and then shares a story that he himself is not part of. Sucha *****.

>Tom: You played for Mike once. How was that like?

>Carol: He was an *******

>Tom: Something you like to share?

>Carol: No.

*Hangs up* 

Thats how he should have handled it.

Edited by Akakabuto

14 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Perlini was forced to answer uncomfortable questions about his teammates.

We must put an end to this outdated dinosaur bullying culture. There is no place for it in Current Year. Enough is enough. We are better than this. We must #FireBlashill.

It's all about how many people Babs is gonna bring down with him now lol

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

33 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

It's all about how many people Babs is gonna bring down with him now lol

They got Cherry's scalp. They realized there's nothing stopping them from claiming any other wrongthinker's scalp. Blood is in the water.

...Or this is a genuine thing and there's a serious culture problem and this has nothing to do with politics.

I'll let people reach their own conclusions.

4 minutes ago, Dabura said:

They got Cherry's scalp. They realized there's nothing stopping them from claiming any other wrongthinker's scalp. Blood is in the water.

...Or this is a genuine thing and there's a serious culture problem and this has nothing to do with politics.

I'll let people reach their own conclusions.

Pretty clearly a CIA psyop to remove the old guard and remake the NHL into a "Nu-Hockey" league. What're you missing?

2 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

So, who's next?

Torts? Or is he an absolute psycho but with a good heart...

I think Torts literally wears all his guts on his sleeve. Not sure there's much to dig up.

>Claude Julien literally ate a dude
>Like, literally ate him
>Like a donut
>"Well, ya know, Claude is a good friend of mine and he would never. How dare you." - Bergevin

[Two weeks later, when the Habs have slipped out of the playoff picture...]

>"Well, ya know, we all make mistakes, myself included, but at some point you have to own your mistakes and Claude literally ate a dude. That is why I am relieving him of his duties."
>"So, you knew he ate a dude and your first instinct was to protect him? Do I have that right, Marc?"
>"I heard you hate minorities, Mr. Reporter Man."

Edited by Dabura