• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
ChristopherReevesLegs

Gimme Muh Monthly Yzer-Trade

Rate this topic

just wait until we have a real coach. Those two guys will no longer suck.

what's AA supposed to.do with Helm as linemate? 

In June, Get Igor in here as HC, get Datsyuk to come back for a season, he'll center AA & Perlini and turn them around. Dump Helm and Nielsen for a pick at the TDL. Draft in the top 2, 20-21 we make the playoffs.

16 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

just wait until we have a real coach. Those two guys will no longer suck.

what's AA supposed to.do with Helm as linemate? 

In June, Get Igor in here as HC, get Datsyuk to come back for a season, he'll center AA & Perlini and turn them around. Dump Helm and Nielsen for a pick at the TDL. Draft in the top 2, 20-21 we make the playoffs.

The only part of this that has a remote chance of happening is trading Helm at the deadline. 

We don't need an aging Datsyuk, AA won;t be around beyond this season, and Nielson's only chance at being gone is a buyout. Playoffs in 20/21... lollllllllllllllll

14 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

The only part of this that has a remote chance of happening is trading Helm at the deadline. 

We don't need an aging Datsyuk, AA won;t be around beyond this season, and Nielson's only chance at being gone is a buyout. Playoffs in 20/21... lollllllllllllllll

I'd be good with just Dumping Helm. 

I sure would like to see Igor as our coach though. One of the smartest minds in hockey. 

I also wouldn't mind seeing Nielsen bought out, but we know that won't happen.

playoffs, ya pipedream, but one must dream.

Edited by LeftWinger

42 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

I'd be good with just Dumping Helm. 

I sure would like to see Igor as our coach though. One of the smartest minds in hockey. 

playoffs, ya pipedream, but one must dream.

Has Larionov ever even coached a game? He's Director of Hockey Ops for SKA St. Petersburg and a player agent. Seems like he's going the executive route, not the coaching route.

1 hour ago, LeftWinger said:

I think this could happen, and it definitely should happen...

If we buy Nielsen out this offseason...

2020-21 - $3,416,667
2021-22 - $4,416,667
2022-23 - $666,667
2023-24 - $666,667

That's a savings of nearly $2M next season, and $1M the following season. We'd be on the hook for nearly $700K the following two seasons, but that shouldn't effect things too much.

Well worth it to buy out a player that is on pace to have 5 points in a full season, and brings very little of anything else. We can pick up (free agency) or promote (Grand Rapids) any player that can do the same (and more) for much less (league minimum).

13 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I think this could happen, and it definitely should happen...

If we buy Nielsen out this offseason...

2020-21 - $3,416,667
2021-22 - $4,416,667
2022-23 - $666,667
2023-24 - $666,667

That's a savings of nearly $2M next season, and $1M the following season. We'd be on the hook for nearly $700K the following two seasons, but that shouldn't effect things too much.

Well worth it to buy out a player that is on pace to have 5 points in a full season, and brings very little of anything else. We can pick up (free agency) or promote (Grand Rapids) any player that can do the same (and more) for much less (league minimum).

What about abdelkader ? I think might be best to buyout both in one shot after next season and have nielsen on the books for two and abdelkader 4  , either way we’d be f***ed 

In 21-22 we’d have almost 9 million  on the cap on two guys not even playing .... thank you ken holland , best case scenario would be us eating 50% and throwing in something to get rid of nielsen/abdelkader , i dont wanna give up assets but i dont know what choice we might have?

we might be able to go through that year  with 9 mill gone since seider/zadina/veleno/2020 pick hopefully will be making entry level $ 

i just can’t wait to get rid of all this deadweight holland left us f***

2 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Comrie has been placed on waivers... I'm not sure why Yzerman wouldn't just move one of Howard or Bernier, or roll three goalies for the rest of the season, or until one gets injured...

Because they need someone to play with Pickard in GRs and the only way to send Comrie there is to waive him. And what better time then on the heels of 9 goals in 2 games. 

2 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Because they need someone to play with Pickard in GRs and the only way to send Comrie there is to waive him. And what better time then on the heels of 9 goals in 2 games. 

Pat Nagle is a more than capable AHL goaltender. He could back up Pickard for the rest of this season. Comrie hasn't been great, but not really any worse than Howard and Bernier. I'd rather keep the 24 year old over the 35 and 31 year olds... Hopefully he clears.

11 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Comrie has been placed on waivers... I'm not sure why Yzerman wouldn't just move one of Howard or Bernier, or roll three goalies for the rest of the season, or until one gets injured...

Comrie isn't that great and probably never will be. If Winnipeg really wants him back whatever, claim him.

Glad to know Jimmy is back. He looked solid in GR during the conditioning stint. Hope he comes back renewed like he was at the beginning of the season.

Just now, krsmith17 said:

Pat Nagle is a more than capable AHL goaltender. He could back up Pickard for the rest of this season. Comrie hasn't been great, but not really any worse than Howard and Bernier. I'd rather keep the 24 year old over the 35 and 31 year olds... Hopefully he clears.

Yes. I don't think anyone wants to lose him.

1 minute ago, krsmith17 said:

I don't even like Bernier, but he's better than Comrie.

I like that Comrie is young but I haven't seen anything that makes me think he deserves a place over our top 2

1 minute ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Comrie isn't that great and probably never will be. If Winnipeg really wants him back whatever, claim him.

Glad to know Jimmy is back. He looked solid in GR during the conditioning stint. Hope he comes back renewed like he was at the beginning of the season.

I stand corrected :lol:

Comrie has been pretty bad, but so has every goalie that has played in front of this awful defense. I'd say he's likely to become an NHL backup / AHL starter, but I'd still hold on to that sliver of hope, that maybe he could become a reliable NHL starter. Binnington was 25 when he finally broke out as a bonafied NHL starter last season. Comrie will be 25 next season.

Bernier has been better, but not by much. It's also an extremely small sample size with Comrie. I would have liked to see him get a few more starts, before making a decision on him. If it's at all close, I'd always keep the guy that is 8-10 years younger.

We might not re-sign Comrie, but like I said, I don't think we've seen enough out of him to make a decision one way or another. Hopefully we'll see what he can do with the Griffins, and maybe call him up again later in the season. Howard likely won't be back, and Bernier only has one year left. I'm not going to say Comrie was going to be the answer, but maybe?... 

2 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Comrie has been pretty bad, but so has every goalie that has played in front of this awful defense. I'd say he's likely to become an NHL backup / AHL starter, but I'd still hold on to that sliver of hope, that maybe he could become a reliable NHL starter. Binnington was 25 when he finally broke out as a bonafied NHL starter last season. Comrie will be 25 next season.

Bernier has been better, but not by much. It's also an extremely small sample size with Comrie. I would have liked to see him get a few more starts, before making a decision on him. If it's at all close, I'd always keep the guy that is 8-10 years younger.

We might not re-sign Comrie, but like I said, I don't think we've seen enough out of him to make a decision one way or another. Hopefully we'll see what he can do with the Griffins, and maybe call him up again later in the season. Howard likely won't be back, and Bernier only has one year left. I'm not going to say Comrie was going to be the answer, but maybe?... 

I can see Howard coming back for another season. Reason: lack of other options

3 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

I can see Howard coming back for another season. Reason: lack of other options

Comrie could (have) be(en) an option...

Before the season started I was one of the few in the camp of bringing Howard back on another one year contract. But after seeing how this season has played out, I'd hate to see us roll Howard / Bernier for another season...

9 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Comrie could (have) be(en) an option...

Before the season started I was one of the few in the camp of bringing Howard back on another one year contract. But after seeing how this season has played out, I'd hate to see us roll Howard / Bernier for another season...

Yeah. But you also expect to be better next season. Me and Stevie see things differently. 

Just now, The 91 of Ryans said:

Yeah. But you also expect to be better next season. Me and Stevie see things differently. 

Planning for the future, you should be leaning toward youth in my opinion. Howard and Bernier are not going to be with the Wings when we're ready to compete, regardless how this situation plays out. Comrie *could*.

Anyway, I doubt this will end up as a huge move regardless, but I do hope he clears tomorrow...

23 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Has Larionov ever even coached a game? He's Director of Hockey Ops for SKA St. Petersburg and a player agent. Seems like he's going the executive route, not the coaching route.

I do believe he is coaching The World Junior team this tourney.

20 minutes ago, Wings3:16 said:

Apparently he's an assistant coach

Thanks. As much as I like Larionov, I'd say let him get his feet a lot wetter than assistant coach for 4-7 games at the WJC before handing him an NHL lockerroom. Lots of former greats try coaching and aren't any good. Look at Chelios for us a few years ago.

3 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Thanks. As much as I like Larionov, I'd say let him get his feet a lot wetter than assistant coach for 4-7 games at the WJC before handing him an NHL lockerroom. Lots of former greats try coaching and aren't any good. Look at Chelios for us a few years ago.

Or Gretzky.  Where's that gif of his head exploding on the bench :lol: