• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
nyqvististhefuture

Trade deadline bait available this year?

Rate this topic

2 hours ago, Akakabuto said:

StarTrekChess.jpg

Does it even matter?

I think everyone is way over-estimating the value of Comrie. Sure it was fun to get a new Yzer-trade and a new player we could use while Jimmy was down n out. But Comrie really doesn't have a future on this team or in the NHL.

The Yotes were in a situation where they were gonna be forced to waive a goalie they didn't need
Yzerman needed tendy depth with Howard down
So Yotes traded him to Yzerman for a crappy Dman they could use for AHL D depth

It's really an AHL level transaction

TDLR: Comrie sucks, quit cryin'

8 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Does it even matter?

I think everyone is way over-estimating the value of Comrie. Sure it was fun to get a new Yzer-trade and a new player we could use while Jimmy was down n out. But Comrie really doesn't have a future on this team or in the NHL.

The Yotes were in a situation where they were gonna be forced to waive a goalie they didn't need
Yzerman needed tendy depth with Howard down
So Yotes traded him to Yzerman for a crappy Dman they could use for AHL D depth

It's really an AHL level transaction

TDLR: Comrie sucks, quit cryin'

Literally not a single person "cryin" over this...

In the end, waiving Comrie and potentially losing him to waivers probably won't matter much. He won't likely factor into our plans going forward, but there's a higher chance of him becoming a piece going forward, than either Howard or Bernier. All three suck. The difference is, one is 24 and could still become something (as unlikely as that may be), while the other two are 30 plus, and will be retired or journeyman backup before this team is ready to compete...

2 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Literally not a single person "cryin" over this...

In the end, waiving Comrie and potentially losing him to waivers probably won't matter much. He won't likely factor into our plans going forward, but there's a higher chance of him becoming a piece going forward, than either Howard or Bernier. All three suck. The difference is, one is 24 and could still become something (as unlikely as that may be), while the other two are 30 plus, and will be retired or journeyman backup before this team is ready to compete...

Comrie is not better than Howard or Bernie right now
Comrie doesn't have much, if any, future in the NHL
Sounds like a formula for a player on waivers to me

Watch no one claim him

Comrie is McCollum or Joey MacDonald. The difference between them being if Yzerman waived McCollum or Joey Mac, no one would even post about it.

31 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Comrie is not better than Howard or Bernie right now

That may be true right now. Maybe (likely) not in the future though.

Comrie doesn't have much, if any, future in the NHL

He *might* though. Even if he doesn't, neither do Howard and Bernier beyond the next couple years.

Sounds like a formula for a player on waivers to me

I disagree with waiving him, for the reasons I've stated.

Watch no one claim him

Winnipeg claimed him...

Edited by krsmith17

1 minute ago, krsmith17 said:

That may be true right now. Maybe (likely) not in the future though.

He *might* though. Even if he doesn't, neither do Howard and Bernier beyond the next couple years.

I disagree with waiving him, for the reasons I've stated.

We get it

Howie/Bern = old
old = bad
Comrie = young
young = good

Even if Comrie has a small chance of becoming an NHL backup, who honestly gives a s***. Yzerman's going to move on to something better than Comrie/Bernier next year.

1 minute ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

We get it

Howie/Bern = old
old = bad
Comrie = young
young = good

Even if Comrie has a small chance of becoming an NHL backup, who honestly gives a s***. Yzerman's going to move on to something better than Comrie/Bernier next year.

Nah...

Howie/Bern = old
old = declining
Comrie = young
young = potential

I'd prefer to keep the young, potential over the old, declining player / goaltender. Whatever though, he's back in Winnipeg now.

9 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Nah...

Howie/Bern = old
old = declining
Comrie = young
young = potential

I'd prefer to keep the young, potential over the old, declining player / goaltender. Whatever though, he's back in Winnipeg now.

They can keep him. They only had 3 goalies in their system before Comrie and the 2 not named Hellebuyck suck. They need the depth goalie more than we do atm. Yzerman likely knew he was going nack to the Peg if waived. That was the rumored reason Arizona traded him.

9 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

They can keep him. They only had 3 goalies in their system before Comrie and the 2 not named Hellebuyck suck. They need the depth goalie more than we do atm. Yzerman likely knew he was going nack to the Peg if waived. That was the rumored reason Arizona traded him.

We have zero quality goaltenders in the organization... At least Winnipeg have Hellebuyck...

Howard is on the last year of his contract and sucks. Bernier has one year left and sucks (slightly less). Pickard has one year left and sucks. Larsson just started his ELC and has been really bad. Fulcher just started his ELC and sucks.

3 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

We have zero quality goaltenders in the organization... At least Winnipeg have Hellebuyck...

Howard is on the last year of his contract and sucks. Bernier has one year left and sucks (slightly less). Pickard has one year left and sucks. Larsson just started his ELC and has been really bad. Fulcher just started his ELC and sucks.

That's why we need to draft Askarov bro

Comrie wasn't any better. Winnipeg just needs warm bodies.

Watch Howard come back and have a completely average Howard remainder of the season. Would be a very Howard thing to do.

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

2 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Which is why I'm thinking if the Wings get screwed in the lotto - Grand Master Y would seriously consider Askarov.

Just now, F.Michael said:

Which is why I'm thinking if the Wings get screwed in the lotto - Grand Master Y would seriously consider Askarov.

I'm hoping we can move AA or a 2nd or something for Sorokin. But I don't think Lamoriello is gonna be bullied by the Russian kid to make a trade unfortunately...

I'm hoping we can move AA or a 2nd or something for Sorokin. But I don't think Lamoriello is gonna be bullied by the Russian kid to make a trade unfortunately...

Maybe that Russian kid has an 'agent' Lou has not yet met...Then again with Lou having Italian blood...

Image result for eastern promises viggo mortensen

I'd love to see Yzerman pull off a trade to acquire this Sorokin kid. His numbers in the KHL are unreal. And it's not just one season. He's been putting up crazy numbers since he entered the league at 19. Why has he not come over yet though?

I'd probably give up Athanasiou plus a mid round pick. You'd have to think that would be enough, if he really is wanting out...

10 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

Maybe that Russian kid has an 'agent' Lou has not yet met...Then again with Lou having Italian blood...

Image result for eastern promises viggo mortensen

Gimme muh monthly @F.Michael Eastern Promises reference

7 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I'd love to see Yzerman pull off a trade to acquire this Sorokin kid. His numbers in the KHL are unreal. And it's not just one season. He's been putting up crazy numbers since he entered the league at 19. Why has he not come over yet though?

I'd probably give up Athanasiou plus a mid round pick. You'd have to think that would be enough, if he really is wanting out...

From my understanding it's classic Gusev/Russia syndrome. According to Isles fans the Isles literally brought in Varlamov to try to lure Sorokin over. I guess Varly and Sorokin are friends or something.

55 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Gimme muh monthly @F.Michael Eastern Promises reference

From my understanding it's classic Gusev/Russia syndrome. According to Isles fans the Isles literally brought in Varlamov to try to lure Sorokin over. I guess Varly and Sorokin are friends or something.

The Isles are screwing this up big time. They need Jim Lites and Keith Gave to help them out. 

2 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Damn i think thats the first time i seen you say howard sucks lol , welcome to dark side 

seriously though our goaltending is s*** , we desperately need one of our goalie prospects to step up soon and take off and wouldnt surprise me to see us draft 2 goalies in the first three rounds next draft

maybe take a swing and throw the vegas 2021 3rd  to the rangers for georgiev at this point

23 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Damn i think thats the first time i seen you say howard sucks lol , welcome to dark side 

seriously though our goaltending is s*** , we desperately need one of our goalie prospects to step up soon and take off and wouldnt surprise me to see us draft 2 goalies in the first three rounds next draft

maybe take a swing and throw the vegas 2021 3rd  to the rangers for georgiev at this point

Because this is the first time Howard has ever sucked... Throughout his career, he's always been a quality goaltender. Age has caught up to him, and he's fallen hard off the cliff.

It's not like I've ever been his biggest supporter or anything though. I've always thought he was an average to above average NHL goaltender.

1 minute ago, krsmith17 said:

Because this is the first time Howard has ever sucked... Throughout his career, he's always been a quality goaltender. Age has caught up to him, and he's fallen hard off the cliff.

It's not like I've ever been his biggest supporter or anything though. I've always thought he was an average to above average NHL goaltender.

Howard and AA almost single-handedly cost us a lottery pick last year and now they're both burning in karma hell. 

5 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

He’s sucked for quite a while haha ... either way we can both agree that its finally time to rid ourselves of howard and trade him asap 

8 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

He’s sucked for quite a while haha ... either way we can both agree that its finally time to rid ourselves of howard and trade him asap 

No he hasn't actually... He's bailed this defense out for years, and he's burned out.

He's been a 0.910-0.920 save% goalie for years. The definition of average. Sucking is below 0.900. He's currently sitting at 0.887...

3 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

We have 2 terrible goalies in the NHL, a journeyman AHLer starting in  GR and a prospect that can't stop a beachball, and a few other prospects that aren't exactly lighting the world on fire.... and they need depth more than we do?