• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
AtlantaHotWings

Yzerman Interview with Ken Kal

Rate this topic

1 minute ago, marcaractac said:

If the alternative is giving a huge contract to Holtby, I'll take another year of Howard. Though there are plenty of UFA backups available that I'd choose over him. 

I hope somehow Yzerman lands a 1st for AA and manages to nab Askarov with it. 

I think regardless of what Yzerman does for next season we absolutely must continue to stack the prospect pool with goalies. Whether that's Askarov or not.

I'm truly hoping we can ****** up Francouz, but he will also likely have other suitors as well. If we can't get him. Fuqq it. Re-sign Jimmy and embrace the tank again, or as Yzerman calls it "patience"

Just now, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I think regardless of what Yzerman does for next season we absolutely must continue to stack the prospect pool with goalies. Whether that's Askarov or not.

I'm truly hoping we can ****** up Francouz, but he will also likely have other suitors as well. If we can't get him. Fuqq it. Re-sign Jimmy and embrace the tank again, or as Yzerman calls it "patience"

s-n-a-t-c-h is censored on this website. Hoooo boy

Just now, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Oh I agree, I just think it would be insane to use the first overall pick on a goalie is all. 

Forward with the first pick, then get some goalies and dmen. 

4 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

So there will be no UFA goalies available in 2021? 

No competent GM is gonna go into an offseason with no goalies signed in hopes he can find not only one, but TWO goalies that would be an improvement. If a goalie is signed this summer, great! No need to extend Bernier. As far as we know, only trash may be available in 2021. 

2 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

No competent GM is gonna go into an offseason with no goalies signed in hopes he can find not only one, but TWO goalies that would be an improvement. If a goalie is signed this summer, great! No need to extend Bernier. As far as we know, only trash may be available in 2021. 

So you think that the Wings are only going to have one goalie in 2020-21 and that goalie is Bernier and if Yzerman doesn't extend him right now, right away, this team will have zero goalies in 2021-22. 

4 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

Maybe he'll end up on waivers at some point.

*Yzerman passes on claiming Comrie from Winnipeg"
*Howard retires*
*Yzerman trades for Comrie"

Unfortunately I'm probably not blessed enough to be living in that timeline

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

Just now, The 91 of Ryans said:

So you think that the Wings are only going to have one goalie in 2020-21 and that goalie is Bernier and if Yzerman doesn't extend him right now, right away, this team will have zero goalies in 2021-22. 

Well clearly I no longer need to say anything considering you're resorting to putting words in my mouth

1 minute ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

*Yzerman passes on claiming Comrie from Winnipeg"
*Howard retires*
*Yzerman trades for Comrie"

Unfortunately I'm probably not blessed enough to be living in that timeline

We can dream

Just now, marcaractac said:

Well clearly I no longer need to say anything considering you're resorting to putting words in my mouth

Well if you think Yzerman should (or will) panic right now and commit to more years of Bernier beyond 2021 then what more needs to be said anyway right? 

Well if you think Yzerman should (or will) panic right now and commit to more years of Bernier beyond 2021 then what more needs to be said anyway right? 

Who said anything about right now? Quit talking out of your ass. 

30 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

Who said anything about right now? Quit talking out of your ass. 

OK. Anytime before July 1st 2020. It's the same thing.

You said this

I'd extend Bernier before throwing money and term at Holtby in 2020. f***. He sucks now. 

OK. Anytime before July 1st 2020. It's the same thing.

You said this

Yeah, if I had to choose between a Bernier extension on July 1 or a massive Holtby contract on July 1, I choose the former. That's one very specific scenario and not at all related to anything else. But please, keep on picking and choosing certain posts that fit your argument. 

1 minute ago, marcaractac said:

Yeah, if I had to choose between a Bernier extension on July 1 or a massive Holtby contract on July 1, I choose the former. That's one very specific scenario and not at all related to anything else. But please, keep on picking and choosing certain posts that fit your argument. 

Jesus dude. I'm not trying to argue. I'm trying to make sense of what you're saying. 

Do you want to extend Bernier or not? You said it twice. Like actually said it. And if so, when would you like this to happen? 

2 hours ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Jesus dude. I'm not trying to argue. I'm trying to make sense of what you're saying. 

Do you want to extend Bernier or not? You said it twice. Like actually said it. And if so, when would you like this to happen? 

I think what he's saying is given a choice of a short/cheap extension of Bernier (1-2 years) or signing Holtby for 4-6 years for the salary he'll likely get, he'd roll the dice on Bernier.

I tend to agree with that...

56 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Extend Bernier, if he has a good season.

Extend Howard, despite his awful season.

no to both.

Detroit will attempt to sign Holtby.

I'd go with Pickard and Larsson before I even think about extending Bernier or Howard.  I'd go with the two NOW if I could trade Howard and Bernier tonight.

15 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

no to both.

Detroit will attempt to sign Holtby.

I'd go with Pickard and Larsson before I even think about extending Bernier or Howard.  I'd go with the two NOW if I could trade Howard and Bernier tonight.

Whats with the Bernier hate?  I think he's exceptionally well... he's kept us afloat in games we've had no business being in...  Howard on the other hand has been a train wreck.