• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
AtlantaHotWings

Yzerman Interview with Ken Kal

Rate this topic

Jimmy Howard is a proper roller coaster goalie, some nights he looks like the greatest goalie on earth and then like some emergency goalie who is in real life a dentist.... don´t get me wrong I kinda like him, he is the same as Mrazek and to me those two were a really good tandem, when one of them had a down phase the other one stepped up.

Goaltending is Voodoo. I'm with @krsmith17: If we had our team set and the only missing piece was goaltending maybe then I'd take the risk picking Askarov in Round 1. But since that is not the case Yzerman should pass and rather load us up with a few goalie prospects during later rounds.

Whoever is advocating singing Holtby should take a look at his stats the last three years: .907, .911, .897. He is probably as done as Howard is. Will some dumb GM throw money and term at him regardless? Probably. But it shouldn't be our GM. 

I'm all for singing Lehner though, if we get the chance.

4 hours ago, derblaueClaus said:

Goaltending is Voodoo. I'm with @krsmith17: If we had our team set and the only missing piece was goaltending maybe then I'd take the risk picking Askarov in Round 1. But since that is not the case Yzerman should pass and rather load us up with a few goalie prospects during later rounds.

To be clear, I'd be all for drafting Askarov outside the top 10-15 if we get another 1st round pick. I just wouldn't have any interest in drafting him with a top 4 pick. I think Askarov will end up going around where Spencer Knight went last year, and if we can land another 1st round pick that ends up in that range, I'd be thrilled with Askarov.

4 hours ago, derblaueClaus said:

Whoever is advocating singing Holtby should take a look at his stats the last three years: .907, .911, .897. He is probably as done as Howard is. Will some dumb GM throw money and term at him regardless? Probably. But it shouldn't be our GM. 

I'm all for singing Lehner though, if we get the chance.

I agree. I don't want any part of Holtby, but it's not even just about his numbers now, and as you pointed out, they're not great. He's 30 years old. He'd likely be 32+ before we ever make the playoffs, and 35+ before we're legit contenders... No thanks! I'll take any of the 2nd tier goaltenders.

For the same reason, I don't have much interest in Krug either. Sure, if he's willing to sign a super team friendly deal. But he won't, and all indications point to him wanting to stay in Boston.