• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
The 91 of Ryans

2020 Trade Deadline Thread (aka Veleno vs Rasmussen vs Fabbri vs Zadina)

Rate this topic

So what are the AA  and wings predictions for today?

hope stevie pushes the flames and oilers against eachother and somehow convinces flames to cough up that first 

See the canes as a darkhorse , i know they really dont like gardner and it hasnt been a fit and theyre also up to trading jake bean as well and from what i hear people arent as excited about him as they werre 

1st+bean+gardner for AA+svechnikov+bowey  .... prob wont happen but maybe theres something there with the canes 

daley 4th to pens .... helm/glendening 2nd/3rd to stars , biega to leafs for 7th

hope we get rid of some deadweight and take on  bad contract for picks

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

3 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

So what are the AA  and wings predictions for today?

I can see the Avs being a good fit.

4 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

Bernier has been often getting practice off because of load management. Fabbri is banged up. 

I don't think Fabbri is going anywhere, but wouldn't hate seeing Bernier get moved, if the price is right.

3 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I can see the Avs being a good fit.

I don't think Fabbri is going anywhere, but wouldn't hate seeing Bernier get moved, if the price is right.

Ya forgot about avs , mentioned them  when i saw scouts were at the game ... got a feeling jost gets traded today but im really not interested in him ... i think itll be tatar to colorado for a 1st +jost type move

dont thknk fabbri gets deal either but id trade both those guys in a heartbeat, think if yzerman gets a 3rd bernier gets dealt

7 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Ya forgot about avs , mentioned them  when i saw scouts were at the game ... got a feeling jost gets traded today but im really not interested in him ... i think itll be tatar to colorado for a 1st +jost type move

Jost has struggled, but is still a very good young player. Likely to be better than Athanasiou. I'd do a Athanasiou for Jost swap (with other pieces involved).

9 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

dont thknk fabbri gets deal either but id trade both those guys in a heartbeat, think if yzerman gets a 3rd bernier gets dealt

I wouldn't trade Fabbri, unless it's an overpayment (1st round pick / top prospect), which isn't going to happen. Fabbri is worth more than a 2nd round pick. Same goes for Bernier. There's no way Yzerman trades him for a 3rd round pick. I'd want a 2nd round, plus.

14 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Jost has struggled, but is still a very good young player. Likely to be better than Athanasiou. I'd do a Athanasiou for Jost swap (with other pieces involved).

I wouldn't trade Fabbri, unless it's an overpayment (1st round pick / top prospect), which isn't going to happen. Fabbri is worth more than a 2nd round pick. Same goes for Bernier. There's no way Yzerman trades him for a 3rd round pick. I'd want a 2nd round, plus.

I wouldnt , not high on him

i know you wouldnt deal fabbri unless we get something that will never happen , someone offers a 2nd id deal him ... agree to disagree to no ones surprise here for both guys ... bernier is a back up with plenty of goaltenders available , hed never fetch a 2nd

but anyways i dont see either of those two being moved

8 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

I wouldnt , not high on him

i know you wouldnt deal fabbri unless we get something that will never happen , someone offers a 2nd id deal him ... agree to disagree to no ones surprise here for both guys ... bernier is a back up with plenty of goaltenders available , hed never fetch a 2nd

but anyways i dont see either of those two being moved

They won't be moved, because Yzerman wont trade low on either of them.

Fabbri is 24 years old (in the age range of our young core), and a very good middle six winger. You don't trade that for a pick in the 50's that has less than a 10% chance to be as good as the player you're trading in 3-5 years...

If Bernier was actually OUR backup, I'd probably let him go for a 3rd round pick. He's not though. He's our starter. You don't trade that, unless a team is willing to (over)pay.

I'd trade Bernier for a third if someone would pay it. We can sign someone comparable enough. It's not like he's a long term starter for us and this season has been long gone for a while. 

Agree on keeping Fabbri though. He seems to fit in very well among our younger forwards. 

10 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

They won't be moved, because Yzerman wont trade low on either of them.

Fabbri is 24 years old (in the age range of our young core), and a very good middle six winger. You don't trade that for a pick in the 50's that has less than a 10% chance to be as good as the player you're trading in 3-5 years...

If Bernier was actually OUR backup, I'd probably let him go for a 3rd round pick. He's not though. He's our starter. You don't trade that, unless a team is willing to (over)pay.

See fabbri as a 3rd line guy and eventually gone so i would , you always sell high look how we got screwed over with green ... anyways we wont change eachothers minds on him

hes our starter for now , when we sign greiss or whomever he’d just be splitting duties which is what hed do next season so if we can land a 3rd and use that and other assets to get a georgiev yzerman would do it i think , anyways i dont think yzerman is that committed to bernier so wouldnt shock me to see him moved 

8 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Finallyyy ...if holland was here glendening would be retiring a redwing

1 minute ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

See, I think trading disney.com is not a good idea.

But yeah, pretty obvious more than one team in on AA. You don't healthy scratch otherwise. 

I'm fine with it is it's overpayment. In the end, if he isn't moved today, he will be at the deadline next year anyway. I'd certainly prefer to keep him around for one more season.

8 minutes ago, amato said:

I'd trade Bernier for a third if someone would pay it. We can sign someone comparable enough. It's not like he's a long term starter for us and this season has been long gone for a while. 

This is a lost season. I don't know about you though, but I don't want to see them get blown out all 18 of the remaining games. And I'm sure the players don't want that either. I'd be okay with trading Bernier, but not for a 3rd. 2nd at minimum.

5 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

See, I think trading disney.com is not a good idea.

But yeah, pretty obvious more than one team in on AA. You don't healthy scratch otherwise. 

Yeah, I'd prefer to keep Glendening around as well. Great veteran for the young kids to lean on / learn from. Particularly work ethic (on and off the ice), and just how to be a good pro.

3 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

This is a lost season. I don't know about you though, but I don't want to see them get blown out all 18 of the remaining games. And I'm sure the players don't want that either. I'd be okay with trading Bernier, but not for a 3rd. 2nd at minimum.

Yeah, I'd prefer to keep Glendening around as well. Great veteran for the young kids to lean on / learn from. Particularly work ethic (on and off the ice), and just how to be a good pro.

Agree with the bold of course, but if we can add the third, i think it's worth it. Would obviously love to get more.. a second would be amazing imo. But I wouldn't expect it to be a hard line minimum for Bernier in Yzerman's mind. 

And I agree on the Glen stuff as well. It'll likely have to be overpayment for someone to get him. 

6 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

See fabbri as a 3rd line guy and eventually gone so i would , you always sell high look how we got screwed over with green ... anyways we wont change eachothers minds on him

hes our starter for now , when we sign greiss or whomever he’d just be splitting duties which is what hed do next season so if we can land a 3rd and use that and other assets to get a georgiev yzerman would do it i think , anyways i dont think yzerman is that committed to bernier so wouldnt shock me to see him moved 

You need 3rd line wingers, and Fabbri would be a great 3rd liner. You can keep saying that you don't see him here long-term, but you have nothing to base that on. Yzerman traded for him, and he's been great thus far. I doubt he's in any rush to move him.

How is a 24 year old skilled winger at all comparable to a 34 year old washed up defenseman? One you keep around through a rebuild. One you trade for whatever you can get.

As for Bernier, trading him for a 3rd would be selling low. Why sell low when there are teams in need of goaltending depth?

Just now, amato said:

Agree with the bold of course, but if we can add the third, i think it's worth it. Would obviously love to get more.. a second would be amazing imo. But I wouldn't expect it to be a hard line minimum for Bernier in Yzerman's mind. 

And I agree on the Glen stuff as well. It'll likely have to be overpayment for someone to get him. 

For an aging veteran on an expiring contract, that has been bad, and often injured (Green), you take what you can get. For a veteran goaltender with one year remaining, that has been arguably the teams MVP, you need to get value. I guess it depends on how much you value mid round picks... For me, a 3rd round pick wouldn't be enough.

1 minute ago, krsmith17 said:

For an aging veteran on an expiring contract, that has been bad, and often injured (Green), you take what you can get. For a veteran goaltender with one year remaining, that has been arguably the teams MVP, you need to get value. I guess it depends on how much you value mid round picks... For me, a 3rd round pick wouldn't be enough.

Not to mention he has term left

5 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Fair points for sure. I'm not saying I'd be thrilled with a third, but I'd take it. Agree to disagree I guess. I definitely won't be upset if he doesn't get traded.