• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
The 91 of Ryans

2020 Trade Deadline Thread (aka Veleno vs Rasmussen vs Fabbri vs Zadina)

Rate this topic

7 hours ago, kipwinger said:

Nobody said Sakic or Shanahan made their teams good.  I said that they did a lot their first year, and implied that an "assessment year" in which you do very little of substance is unnecessary. 

In the future I'm happy to debate with you, but I'd prefer you respond to what I actually said, and not what

Edit:  Also, now that I look closely at it, I'm gonna call bullsh*t on the "nothing stands out" comment too.  Sakic traded a top young center for two prospects who are still playing big roles on the team now and a 2nd round pick; and added Stuart and Soderberg (top 4 defenders with Stanley Cups) and Daniel Briere (a bona fide star). Shanahan traded a young top four defenseman for a first round pick, cleared a massively bad contract (Clarkson), and traded a depth defenseman for a 2nd round pick.  So yeah, hardly sitting on their hands here. 

In their first 10 months, the trades are

Yzerman: 8 

Toronto: 7 

Colorado: 3 

Also, my "nothing really stands out" comment was meant for Toronto. I did admit in my post that the O'Reilly trade was the biggest shake up. It was a bold move. But it also came the off season after Sakic took over. I wouldn't be surprised if Yzerman had a bit of a shake up this off season. 

9 hours ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Mike green out 3-4 weeks lol what a waste of life he is ... guessing its a guaranteed 4th cause he wont be healthy enough for the playoffs to play 50% of games 

It was gonna be a 4th anyway because the Oilers weren't getting the conference finals.

this was a chef kiss thread

I like how that old CRL guy started out as a big fan SY fan at the beginning, then waffled and trashed SY for the last 10+ pages lol. Absolutely UNHINGED. Guy needed to take his meds.

Edited by bIueadams

6 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

2024 TDL:

Rasmussen, Berggren, McIsaac, 1st for a signed and traded Nylander & Liljegren

Too much? Too little?

I have no desire for another LHD like Liljegren. If anything that's the position we should be unloading from.

Friedman has also indicated recently that SY and Ras are in extension talks.

To DET: Nylander
To TOR: McIsaac + Viro + Berggren + 1st + 3rd

29 minutes ago, bIueadams said:

I have no desire for another LHD like Liljegren. If anything that's the position we should be unloading from.

Liljegren is as much a LHD as Graves is a RHD......

2 hours ago, bIueadams said:

Treliving would get fired so fast.

SOUP is on waivers via Ken Holland.

Does anyone think it might be a good time to sell them James Reimer or Alex Lyon? I think many teams will be needing backup goalies in the future, so maybe we hold back and make Ken H feel the hurt for a bit while prices skyrocket? Ha!

5 minutes ago, town123 said:

I would trade Chair-rot and Lyon + 3rd in exchange for the Oilers unprotected 1st.

Not sure Kenny would.

I'm not sure Lyon is any better than Campbell. He's cheaper, but the cost savings from unloading Campbell for Lyon would be gobbled up by Chiarot's contract in this scenario. They'd essentially be swapping a crappy goalie that costs too much for another crappy goalie and a defenseman that costs too much. So I agree, I doubt they're interested.

22 hours ago, kipwinger said:

I'm not sure Lyon is any better than Campbell. He's cheaper, but the cost savings from unloading Campbell for Lyon would be gobbled up by Chiarot's contract in this scenario. They'd essentially be swapping a crappy goalie that costs too much for another crappy goalie and a defenseman that costs too much. So I agree, I doubt they're interested.

Yeah you're right.   That was a pretty lame attempt to score the Oiler's 1st.   

I'll go back to the drawing board for something more realistic.... maybe a Draisaitl (with extension) acquisition if Edmonton throws in the towel in a couple of months.

6 minutes ago, town123 said:

Yeah you're right.   That was a pretty lame attempt to score the Oiler's 1st.   

I'll go back to the drawing board for something more realistic.... maybe a Draisaitl (with extension) acquisition if Edmonton throws in the towel in a couple of months.

I think Edmonton will continue to tinker for the remainder of this year and next (until the trade deadline). They've got Draisaitl under contract this year and next, no sense pulling the cord until they have to. But I fully expect him to walk in free agency. He hates it in Edmonton and the team is absolutely trash. But man is he going to get PAID when he hits free agency.

Fun Fact: Draisaitl is buddies with Mo Seider. Just sayin'.