• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
The 91 of Ryans

2020 Trade Deadline Thread (aka Veleno vs Rasmussen vs Fabbri vs Zadina)

Rate this topic

1 minute ago, kipwinger said:

And if you fact checked that dummy you'd realize he's wrong.  Kevin Hayes scored 55 points in 18-19. 

So is the egg on both your faces for being reactionary dipsh*ts, or just his?

That's 54 points, learn to count, dummy. I guess there is still plenty of egg on your face too. 

3 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

That's 54 points, learn to count, dummy. I guess there is still plenty of egg on your face too. 

Wrong again guy.  Here, let me help you. 

https://www.nhl.com/player/kevin-hayes-8475763#stats

See, you have to add his points from NYR (42) to his points from Winnipeg (13) together.  How much is that?  C'mon, you can do it. 

So, do you just wanna take a loss on this one or are you going to triple down on being a goof?

8 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Wrong again guy.  Here, let me help you. 

https://www.nhl.com/player/kevin-hayes-8475763#stats

See, you have to add his points from NYR (42) to his points from Winnipeg (13) together.  How much is that?  C'mon, you can do it. 

So, do you just wanna take a loss on this one or are you going to triple down on being a goof?

My source was wrong. It said 42 in NY, 12 in Philly. S*** happens. The fact of the matter is, if you're gonna split hairs over 50 points vs 55 points than so be it. There are players who managed to hit numbers like 52 points ONE time, and are making 6 million plus. If that is not delusional, but your criteria is, then so be it. Take the win you so clearly, desperately need. Dealing with everything is black or white type folk is exhausting. 

Edited by marcaractac

1 minute ago, marcaractac said:

My source was wrong. It said 42 in NY, 12 in Philly. S*** happens. The fact of the matter is, if you're gonna split hairs over 50 points vs 55 points than so be it. There are players who managed to hit numbers like 52 points ONE time, and are making 6 million plus. If that is not delusional, but your criteria is, then so be it. Take the win you so clearly, desperately need. Dealing with everything is black or white type folk is exhausting. 

As is your norm, you responded to me, and then acted butt hurt when you got exposed.  Not my fault.  Why don't you just block me?  I get nothing out of making you and KRsmith look stupid as often as I do. 

And if you're going to keep coming for me, better get your facts straight bud.

Just now, kipwinger said:

As is your norm, you responded to me, and then acted butt hurt when you got exposed.  Not my fault.  Why don't you just block me?  I get nothing out of making you and KRsmith look stupid as often as I do. 

And if you're going to keep coming for me, better get your facts straight bud.

Butt hurt? I gave you the win dude. Not my fault that you're such a poor sport about it. More often than not, nobody needs to make you look stupid because you're quite capable of doing that all on your own. Case in point, the post I'm responding to. You're a condescending c***, and sometimes, folks just need to point that out. 

20 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

Butt hurt? I gave you the win dude. Not my fault that you're such a poor sport about it. More often than not, nobody needs to make you look stupid because you're quite capable of doing that all on your own. Case in point, the post I'm responding to. You're a condescending c***, and sometimes, folks just need to point that out. 

Guilty as charged.  I am condescending when dealing with things like you. 

But you didn't respond to my original post because you wanted to point that out.  You responded to my post because you thought you had some really valid insight about GMs and bad contracts.  And you failed.  Which I suspect is a common occurrence for you. 

In the future, if you wanna make the point that I'm a d*ck, just say that.  Leave the hockey part out of your equation.  It's easier for you that way. 

Edited by kipwinger

2 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

U bored today Kip? 

That was actually a real question, since you and I recently discussed his value in the context of the way the market is shaping up. 

But yes...I'm bored everyday. 

Edited by kipwinger

1 hour ago, krsmith17 said:

Kevin Hayes - career high 49 points (in 76 games) - signs a 7 year, over $7M contract last off-season at the age of 27.

Vladislav Namestnikov - career high 44 points (in 62 games) - 27 years old. Will NOT sign a long term, big money ($5.5M) contract (because kipwinger says so)...

That's just one example. There are others. To pretend there aren't dumb NHL GM's is, well, dumb...

You literally couldn't be more wrong.  Kevin Hayes has scored more than 50 points.  And so has every other forward with a cap hit of 6 million dollars or more.  So your "one example" is wrong, and there literally are no others.  Nice try though.  Keep after it and one day you'll make a valid point.

Here's the list. 

https://www.capfriendly.com/browse/active/2020/caphit/all/forwards

Edited by kipwinger

21 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

You literally couldn't be more wrong.  Kevin Hayes has scored more than 50 points.  And so has every other forward with a cap hit of 6 million dollars or more.  So your "one example" is wrong, and there literally are no others.  Nice try though.  Keep after it and one day you'll make a valid point.

Here's the list. 

https://www.capfriendly.com/browse/active/2020/caphit/all/forwards

So Hayes put up one season of 55 points and got over $7M, but Namestnikov *only* put up 48 points, so therefore isn't getting anything close to $5.5M?... Yeah okay... Not only are you a prick, but you're also dumb as s***...

16 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

So Hayes put up one season of 55 points and got over $7M, but Namestnikov *only* put up 48 points, so therefore isn't getting anything close to $5.5M?... Yeah okay... Not only are you a prick, but you're also dumb as s***...

Lol.  You said Namestnikov would make 6 million, long term.  I said nobody who's never scored 50 points gets that kind of contract. I backed that up with facts (there literally isn't a single example of it in the whole league).  And you're still doubling down?  This time by changing it to 5.5 million and arguing that the Hayes example (which you provided) isn't really all that relevant anyway? 

You're like the Larry Nassar of mental gymnastics. 

Edited by kipwinger

3 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Lol.  You said Namestnikov would make 6 million, long term.  I said nobody who's never scored 50 points gets that kind of contract. I backed that up with facts (there literally isn't a single example of it in the whole league).  And you're still doubling down?  This time by changing it to 5.5 million and arguing that the Hayes example (which you provided) isn't really all that relevant anyway? 

I said $5.5M dumbass...

So again, a player that puts up 48 points won't get $5.5M (ballpark), but a player that puts up 50+ (literally an extra 2 points in an 82 game season) gets over $7M. kipwingerlogic...

3 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Namestnikov doesn't have a connection with Detroit, his uncle does. He does have a connection with Yzerman though. He drafted him, but also traded him away.

I never said Namestnikov is "worth" that sort of contract. If I thought he was worth it, I'd obviously have no problem giving it to him.

Again, if we can get Namestnikov for cheap, by all means, but I think he's going to cost close to double what Filppula is making.

Namestnikov spent a lot of time around Detroit and the Wings lockerroom when Kozlov was on the team, and was well known by a lot of people within the organization. There was a lot of speculation Holland was targeting him in his draft year because of this connection, but Yzerman (who knew the kid well) took him in the first round and we had to take boring Jurco with our high 2nd. I'd say he has a connection to Yzerman before Tampa and after Tampa, and therefore Detroit in both instances.

When is the whole Namestnikov getting $6 mil charade gonna end? July 1st?

Can't wait to add our new 35 year old, 25 pt, Corey Perry on a $3x2. That will really help this team like Filppula did yayyyyy

11 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Liked for Larry Nassar reference

17 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I said $5.5M dumbass...

So again, a player that puts up 48 points won't get $5.5M (ballpark), but a player that puts up 50+ (literally an extra 2 points in an 82 game season) gets over $7M. kipwingerlogic...

Hahaha, you just keep digging your own grave.  There is not a single player in the NHL making 5.5 million per year who hasn't topped 50 points.  Not one.  Most of them have done so multiple times.

So tell me why Namestnikov is going to be the special case again?  AND on a long term deal too? 

You literally have no idea what you're talking about. 

Also, even if your Hayes example were accurate (it isn't) he's a more productive offensive player by a pretty substantial margin (.55 ppg vs. .45 ppg) so of course Namestnikov will make less money.  They're not really comparable at all. 

Just admit you're wrong bro.  The truth will set you free.

Edited by kipwinger

22 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

So Verbeek and now also big guns Bergevin are both scouting the Avs...

I mean honestly though, who could we be scouting from their NHL roster? I am sure if we dealt AA, it'd be for a pick or a player in the A or maybe the rights to a player.

I'd like to see AA and Bernier go to a team that is in need of both, the return could be more lucrative for us, and not just because it's two players. Maybe a high end prospect and a 2nd.

39 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Hahaha, you just keep digging your own grave.  There is not a single player in the NHL making 5.5 million per year who hasn't topped 50 points.  Not one.  Most of them have done so multiple times.

So tell me why Namestnikov is going to be the special case again?  AND on a long term deal too? 

You literally have no idea what you're talking about. 

Also, even if your Hayes example were accurate (it isn't) he's a more productive offensive player by a pretty substantial margin (.55 ppg vs. .45 ppg) so of course Namestnikov will make less money.  They're not really comparable at all. 

Just admit you're wrong bro.  The truth will set you free.

50 points, 48 points, huge difference isn't it? If Namestnikov put up two more points that year, he would be looking at an extra $2M+ per. It's a shame really. Now he's only going to get around $3.5M...

The extra 8 points per season is definitely worth double the salary...

Just admit it, you're dumb bro. The truth will set you free.

I'd take Vlad on 4 year $5.5M in place of 2 more years of Nielsen at $5.25...

when we trade Filppula and Helm by Monday (50% retained each) we are going to need an NHL center. Of course this hinges on the draft. Will Byflied or Stutzle be NHL ready next year? (if we don't get #1 that is)

15 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

I mean honestly though, who could we be scouting from their NHL roster? I am sure if we dealt AA, it'd be for a pick or a player in the A or maybe the rights to a player.

I'd like to see AA and Bernier go to a team that is in need of both, the return could be more lucrative for us, and not just because it's two players. Maybe a high end prospect and a 2nd.

I assume Sakic has told Montreal and Detroit (and others) who from their teams he has interest in, and now organizations are doing their due diligence and scouting Colorado to see what what they may want in return. I could see Jost, Kamenev, or Kaut going the other way.

11 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

I'd take Vlad on 4 year $5.5M in place of 2 more years of Nielsen at $5.25...

when we trade Filppula and Helm by Monday (50% retained each) we are going to need an NHL center. Of course this hinges on the draft. Will Byflied or Stutzle be NHL ready next year? (if we don't get #1 that is)

All aboard the vladdy train!

Here's a good example of attaining expiring contracts along with picks to give a team some cap relief:

Arizona is right up against the cap NEXT season, sure the cap may go up a bit, but if they want to be serious players in re-signing Hall (if he wants to stay) then they have to shed some serious cap.

I'll take Derek Stepan ($5M) and G Antii Raanta ($4.25M) both of which will be UFA in 2021 and a 2021 1st round pick (IF NJ keeps the 2020 1st) in exchange for a prospect of our own and of course much needed cap relief.

Of course this is a scenario if we traded Bernier this monday for sure, but then again, I guess it wouldn't hurt to have them both next season.

1 hour ago, LeftWinger said:

I'd trade them Bernier and AA for Byram, a 2nd and a contract/player they want rid of.

Is that fair/realistic?

3 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Here's a good example of attaining expiring contracts along with picks to give a team some cap relief:

Arizona is right up against the cap NEXT season, sure the cap may go up a bit, but if they want to be serious players in re-signing Hall (if he wants to stay) then they have to shed some serious cap.

I'll take Derek Stepan ($5M) and G Antii Raanta ($4.25M) both of which will be UFA in 2021 and a 2021 1st round pick (IF NJ keeps the 2020 1st) in exchange for a prospect of our own and of course much needed cap relief.

Of course this is a scenario if we traded Bernier this monday for sure, but then again, I guess it wouldn't hurt to have them both next season.

Actually not a bad idea. Kuemper has taken over that net and Raanta would be a solid starter on this team most likely. Stepan apparently sucks now, but hey we don't have any other 2nd line centers.

35 minutes ago, mackel said:

I'd trade them Bernier and AA for Byram, a 2nd and a contract/player they want rid of.

Is that fair/realistic?

I would think Byram is untouchable

but maybe not.  I would for sure take Byram and a 2nd for those two, I wouldn't even care to get a contract player.

Edited by LeftWinger