• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

krsmith17

Red Wings players / prospects on loan

Rate this topic

2 minutes ago, dat's sick said:

God forbid anyone watch the games and make informed judgements. Oh well. Reminds me why I haven't posted here for years.. 

Except that time and time again evidence disproves the "eye test". Seeing IS believing, but believing isn't always reality.

1 minute ago, krsmith17 said:

LOL this may be the dumbest thing I've ever read on here... and that's impressive...

Do you like the Red Wings?

I am a fan of the team, I don't care which players play for the team as long as they win. Again I don't "like" people I don't know because that would be silly. I don't "like" actors or musicians either. I like movies and music. I guess maybe because I'm not into personality cults.

2 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

I am a fan of the team, I don't care which players play for the team as long as they win. Again I don't "like" people I don't know because that would be silly. I don't "like" actors or musicians either. I like movies and music. I guess maybe because I'm not into personality cults.

LOL you don't "like" athletes, you like the game they play, and you don't "like" musicians, you like the music they play... Makes sense... LOL

5 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Except that time and time again evidence disproves the "eye test". Seeing IS believing, but believing isn't always reality.

Reality is that I'm disappointed with Veleno's production BUT, having watched the games I know it's insanely dumb to talk about how he's being "outperformed" by players who have 1 or 2 more points. 

35 minutes ago, dat's sick said:

Reality is that I'm disappointed with Veleno's production BUT, having watched the games I know it's insanely dumb to talk about how he's being "outperformed" by players who have 1 or 2 more points. 

speaking of dumb, some posts seems to have disappeared......... 

Can I just say that I appreciate the perspective of the Euro Bros who post here? You guys get to see more of the games in the European leagues and it's nice to get news from over there.

One of the things I've always liked about the Wings is their international appeal. I remember the Russian 5 back in the 90's bringing in fans from Russia, the Swedish fetish of the 00's and 10's bringing in fans from Sweden, and now I look forward to bringing in fans during the 20's from Germany and the Czech Republic as our prospects become our future stars.

4 minutes ago, YzermanTonguedMyAnus said:

Hi guys,

Completely new poster here.

Brisebois?

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

6 minutes ago, YzermanTonguedMyAnus said:

Hi guys,

Completely new poster here.

Why is Veleno so bad?

4 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Brisebois?

Hello Julien,

We’ll trade you Veleno for Johnson and Killorn if you throw in a 1st. 

1 hour ago, dat's sick said:

It's not clear to me that anyone said he was being "outperformed". It is a FACT, however, that he's being out produced. And that's relevant because his team sucks, so he's being outproduced by players who aren't all that good in a league that's worse than the NHL. Perhaps that doesn't bode well for his NHL upside?

1 hour ago, krsmith17 said:

LOL you don't "like" athletes, you like the game they play, and you don't "like" musicians, you like the music they play... Makes sense... LOL

Bingo. I like sports and music. I don't like people I've never met.

10 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Bingo. I like sports and music. I don't like people I've never met.

Oh, so you think I like Dylan Larkin as a person, despite never meeting him? LOL just when I thought it couldn't get any dumber...

7 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Oh, so you think I like Dylan Larkin as a person, despite never meeting him? LOL just when I thought it couldn't get any dumber...

I was responding to the questions you asked man. You said "Do you like Veleno?" and "do you like Seider?". That's what started this. Not my place to speak for you and who you do/don't like.

7 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

I was responding to the questions you asked man. You said "Do you like Veleno?" and "do you like Seider?". That's what started this. Not my place to speak for you and who you do/don't like.

Yes, I meant as hockey players, not as people... I didn't think that would have to be broken down and explained...

2 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Yes, I meant as hockey players, not as people... I didn't think that would have to be broken down and explained...

To me "like" is a silly word in this context. I'm a fan of the Red Wings and want them to win. If those two guys help the Wings win I'll be happy about that. But I'd be just as happy if Brad Marchand or some other "unlikable" player helped them win because I don't "like" or "dislike" hockey players (or other people I haven't met).

1 minute ago, kipwinger said:

To me "like" is a silly word in this context. I'm a fan of the Red Wings and want them to win. If those two guys help the Wings win I'll be happy about that. But I'd be just as happy if Brad Marchand or some other "unlikable" player helped them win because I don't "like" or "dislike" hockey players (or other people I haven't met).

Ok, so you don't "like" hockey players, you just "like" hockey teams? Or is "liking" a hockey team silly as well? You don't "like" the Red Wings, you're "a fan" of the Red Wings? LOL what a riveting conversation...

10 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Ok, so you don't "like" hockey players, you just "like" hockey teams? Or is "liking" a hockey team silly as well? You don't "like" the Red Wings, you're "a fan" of the Red Wings? LOL what a riveting conversation...

You brought it up when you asked, so don't blame me. But I'm happy to help you understand. Watching hockey is entertaining, so I watch quite a lot it. Some players, on all hockey teams, are really good...and therefore more entertaining to watch. However, I'm only a fan of one specific team, the Red Wings, because I'm from Michigan and have a (reasonably) healthy amount of civic pride. If I have a choice between all 31 teams winning the Cup, it would be the Red Wings. I don't really care which players help them achieve that goal. The minute a player stops playing for the Red Wings they fall off my radar pretty significantly, regardless of how entertaining they are.

For comparison's sake, I also enjoy watching MMA because it's entertaining. But I'm not a fan of individual fighters because none of them represent the place I'm from in any obvious way. I still watch, I still enjoy it, but I don't care who wins as long as I'm entertained.

6 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

You brought it up when you asked, so don't blame me. But I'm happy to help you understand. Watching hockey is entertaining, so I watch quite a lot it. Some players, on all hockey teams, are really good...and therefore more entertaining to watch. However, I'm only a fan of one specific team, the Red Wings, because I'm from Michigan and have a (reasonably) healthy amount of civic pride. If I have a choice between all 31 teams winning the Cup, it would be the Red Wings. I don't really care which players help them achieve that goal. The minute a player stops playing for the Red Wings they fall off my radar pretty significantly, regardless of how entertaining they are.

For comparison's sake, I also enjoy watching MMA because it's entertaining. But I'm not a fan of individual fighters because none of them represent the place I'm from in any obvious way. I still watch, I still enjoy it, but I don't care who wins as long as I'm entertained.

So would you say you "like" the Red Wings, "love" the Red Wings, or just "a fan" of the Red Wings?

8 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

So would you say you "like" the Red Wings, "love" the Red Wings, or just "a fan" of the Red Wings?

I feel about the Red Wings the way I feel about most entertaining, yet inherently meaningless, things.

And I feel about you the way I feel about genital warts.

4 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

I feel about the Red Wings the way I feel about most entertaining, yet inherently meaningless, things.

So what is it? Are you too manly to say you "like" something?

And I feel about you the way I feel about genital warts.

I've never experienced it... How was it?

1 minute ago, krsmith17 said:

So what is it? Are you too manly to say you "like" something?

I've never experienced it... How was it?

Not at all. I like tons of things. For instance I'd really like you to f*ck off. But I'm not holding my breath. Kinda like I'm not holding my breath that Joe Veleno will ever be anything more than 3rd line center on a non-competitive hockey team.

1 minute ago, kipwinger said:

Not at all. I like tons of things. For instance I'd really like you to f*ck off. But I'm not holding my breath. Kinda like I'm not holding my breath that Joe Veleno will ever be anything more than 3rd line center on a non-competitive hockey team.

You like lots of things, but not your favorite teams, athletes, musicians... I'm genuinely curious as to what is acceptable (or not considered "silly") to "like"...

13 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

You like lots of things, but not your favorite teams, athletes, musicians... I'm genuinely curious as to what is acceptable (or not considered "silly") to "like"...

Not all all. I like sports and music. I'm a fan of one hockey team. But I don't care who plays for them (provided they win). That's the extent of it. However, I don't "like" or care about the players. If Joe Veleno died in a fire tomorrow I wouldn't care. At all. But if the NHL folded tomorrow I'd be pretty bummed because I like watching professional hockey, something Veleno will get to do a lot of from the press box.

Not all all. I like sports and music. I'm a fan of one hockey team. But I don't care who plays for them (provided they win). That's the extent of it. However, I don't "like" or care about the players. If Joe Veleno died in a fire tomorrow I wouldn't care. At all. But if the NHL folded tomorrow I'd be pretty bummed because I like watching professional hockey, something Veleno will get to do a lot of from the press box.

I wouldn't expect anything less of you...