• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

LeftWinger

2021 Off-Season (Too Soon?)

Rate this topic

5 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Big "no thanks" on Murray from me. He's a skilled player but he's got a chronic back condition that will be with him the rest of his career. It was reported on last season by The Athletic's CBJ beat writer. He'll never play anything close to a full season for the rest of his NHL career.

Did not know that. Agreed, pass!

Lots of speculation that the Flames are looking to trade one of Gaudreau or Monahan. I don't have any interest in Gaudreau but Monahan is interesting. Probably would need to trade a roster player, prospect, and pick. Thoughts?

10 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Lots of speculation that the Flames are looking to trade one of Gaudreau or Monahan. I don't have any interest in Gaudreau but Monahan is interesting. Probably would need to trade a roster player, prospect, and pick. Thoughts?

Why cause he's a manlet?

Edited by Gniwder

14 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

That too. But mostly because we're good on the wing.

I really have not understood the rumors surrounding these two and why they want to move them. Cap space? They have $3 million coming off the books in retained salary and buyouts this year. Drop Derek Ryan and that's another $3 million. Boom, now you have $7million to re-sign Valimaki and get a decent backup goalie. Probably will still have $2-3 mill left over to play with once all the re-signs are done. Need more? Buy out Lucic's last 2 seasons. 

31 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Isn't he kind of a 2c tho? Granted, we need one, but I wouldn't give up a pick or prospect for one at this point. If Larkin was a better 1C I might be more comfortable with it. I just dont think I would give up building assets for a C unless its a significant improvement over Larkin.

19 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Isn't he kind of a 2c tho? Granted, we need one, but I wouldn't give up a pick or prospect for one at this point. If Larkin was a better 1C I might be more comfortable with it. I just dont think I would give up building assets for a C unless its a significant improvement over Larkin.

He's a career .75 ppg center, Larkin's a .67 ppg center. Larkin's much better defensively, but IMO Monahan's quite a lot better offensively. As I've stated elsewhere I think we need a 2C who is offensive. For me the question isn't whether or not I'd take Monahan (I would) but what the price would be?

To Det: Monahan, 3rd

To Cal: Hronek, Washington's 1st

58 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

He's a career .75 ppg center, Larkin's a .67 ppg center. Larkin's much better defensively, but IMO Monahan's quite a lot better offensively. As I've stated elsewhere I think we need a 2C who is offensive. For me the question isn't whether or not I'd take Monahan (I would) but what the price would be?

Calgary likes their D no? Thinking theyd take a winger... which we have.

5 hours ago, Gniwder said:

Calgary likes their D no? Thinking theyd take a winger... which we have.

Do they? I dunno. Don't really know much about their defense. I was just trying to find someone with equivalent value that's expendable.

6 hours ago, kipwinger said:

As much as i would love to add Monahan, Not interested in moving Hronek for him. Unless by a miracle we could sign Hamilton long term if he and the Canes can't come to some kind of agreement.

Just now, diehardredwingsfan58 said:

As much as i would love to add Monahan, Not interested in moving Hronek for him. Unless by a miracle we could sign Hamilton long term if he and the Canes can't come to some kind of agreement.

I'm not eager to move Hronek or anything. But with Seider coming Hronek is essentially a second pair RHD, which I consider good value for an offensively capable 2C. If Calgary wanted to structure something around Vrana or Zadina I'd be all about that too.

On 4/17/2021 at 5:21 PM, LeftWinger said:

I just realized that Yzerman has OVER $50M in capspace next year....holy moly!

You have to figure that Bertuzzi, Hronek, Erne and Vrana are all getting hefty raises, but not $50M worth! The rest of the RFA's are minimal raises at best. The ONLY UFA's I would like to see return are Glenny and Ryan. I guess Bernier if he survives the expansion draft since we don't really have a pipeline of G talent, but again not too much of a raise coming to any one of them. Not saying that Yzerman will make a splash in the market, but it gives him a ton of flexibility for competition! IF both Cholowski and Lindstrom survive the expansion draft, and Seider gets a spot, that'll leave DD as the 7th D without re-signing anyone. That is IF Djoos gets qualified. Maybe Yzerman re-signs Staal or pays up for another younger UFA. Maybe he buys out DD's last year of his contract? It'd be a $2M then a $1.5M hit for the next two seasons. But I think, with no cap issues, he'll just keep him signed for the one more season and waive him to GR if he needs the roster spot. 

Pretty sure that if Yzerman were to resign Bernier before the ED, He'd just expose Greiss instead.

5 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

I'm not eager to move Hronek or anything. But with Seider coming Hronek is essentially a second pair RHD, which I consider good value for an offensively capable 2C. If Calgary wanted to structure something around Vrana or Zadina I'd be all about that too.

Monahan would be a sweet 2C in Detroit, Just not sure what we'd give up for him. Really don't want to move Zadina. Possibly something around Vrana if Treliving was interested.

8 hours ago, diehardredwingsfan58 said:

I think hometown kid Alex Martinez would be the perfect mentor for Moritz Seider.

Reilly - I like that he's sort of an under the radar player still making his name. Has been playing a good chunk of minutes for the Bruins and plays both special teams. He'd probably be our instant #1 LHD guy in Detroit. So My thought is maybe we can attract him with that ice time and exposure.

Martinez - Solid vet Dman. Probably going to be more than a few bidders for him, but like you said maybe he can be attracted to come home to Michigan.

Cole - Also a hometown Michigan kid.

Oleksiak - Basically I like that he's huge and can fight lol

Merrill - No intro needed

Staal - Basically my final choice if all other options are exhautsed

Edited by Gniwder

I'd imagine this offseason will be a lot like the last one, which hopefully includes keeping Bernie and Glenny around. While they won't be the guys to bring us to contention, they can be around to see us get back to the playoffs. Then Glenny can continue to teach the kids how to take face offs. 

12 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

I'd imagine this offseason will be a lot like the last one, which hopefully includes keeping Bernie and Glenny around. While they won't be the guys to bring us to contention, they can be around to see us get back to the playoffs. Then Glenny can continue to teach the kids how to take face offs. 

I saw on Twitter that Glendening and Rasmussen work on faceoffs after every practice lately. Absolutely love the thought of Rasmussen with Glendening-esque faceoff ability.

3 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

I saw on Twitter that Glendening and Rasmussen work on faceoffs after every practice lately. Absolutely love the thought of Rasmussen with Glendening-esque faceoff ability.

I love the idea of a 6'6" 240 lb Glendenning. With more touch. 

3 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

This is the s*** I love to hear. Re-sign disney.com

Just now, The 91 of Ryans said:

I love the idea of a 6'6" 240 lb Glendenning. With more touch. 

Ras better work on the backhand then

44 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

Larkin confirmed out for the season. Injury was caused by a s***ty Jamie Benn crosscheck to the back of the neck while he was down on the ice. 

Thank you, I've been looking for a reason to hate the Stars.

2 hours ago, marcaractac said:

Larkin confirmed out for the season. Injury was caused by a s***ty Jamie Benn crosscheck to the back of the neck while he was down on the ice. 

Man f*** that guy. Second time he has taken a cheap shot to a Wings captain, pretty sure he gave Zetterberg a concussion with a punch to the back of the head years ago. Hopefully the league actually does something this time.