• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Neomaxizoomdweebie

2021 NHL Playoffs

Rate this topic

2 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

prob has a big ol spliff of BC hybrid stank hanging out of his mouth behind that mask. 

DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE DUDE DUDE DUDE DUDE DUDE DUDE DUDE ******* WEEEEEEEEED AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA DUDE!!!!!!!!!! WEED!!!!!!!!!!!! hits bong ******* DUUUUUUDE that WEEED like just...................DUDE LMFFFFFAAAAAAOOOO i am so ******* HIGH on WEED right now XD WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED holla my DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!JUST..... ROLL................ MY....................... JOINT...................... UP........................................ AYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY DANK DANK DANK WEED LEGALIZE IT! LEGALIZE IT! LEGALIZE IT! ROLL EM SMOKE EM PUT EM IN A BOWL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ******* WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i am just ******* BAKED right now my DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LMAOOOOOOOOOOO RAISE YO HAND IF U TURNT AF RIGHT NOW raises both hands AYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY WEED DUDE WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I SMOKE 2 JOINTS IN DA MORNIN MON...........DUDE! WEED! HAAAAAAAAAAAA IM LIKE A f***IN KITE RIGHT NOW MY DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! S O F U C K I N G H I G H O N W E E D I CANT EVEN FOCUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SMOKING ONLY THE DANKEST OF HERB MY DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SOME OF THAT TRIPLE BANANA WINSTON CHURCHILL MEGA DANK GAZA GRASS YOOOOOOOOOOOOOO f***IN SO f***IN BLAZED RIGHT NOW DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDDE AHAHAHAHHAA BAZINGA inhales YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO cough THIS cough s*** cough IS cough SO cough f***IN cough DANK my DUDE HAAHHAAAHAHAHAHAH WHY AM I EVEN LAUGHING ROTFLMAOO THIS s*** IS NARSH BRO f***IN HELLA SMOKE WEED ERR DAY YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Weed culture is cancer

1 hour ago, GMRwings1983 said:

You're literally the only person who thinks that.  What else does Draisaitl do besides score?  Take faceoffs?  He's not exactly getting high Selke nominations.  

WHAT?! I'm blown away. You mean a bunch of dipsh*ts who use confirmation bias to believe what they already want to believe disagree with me? Oh no!

Draisaitl one of the top faceoff men in the league, and plays selke caliber defense against other teams' top lines. But other than that I guess nothing much. You can downplay it if you like, but McDavid isn't getting Selke votes against other team's top lines. He's getting sheltered from them. Likewise, when the Oilers need the puck they send out Draisaitl (or Nugent Hopkins even) rather than McDavid to go win the faceoff. These things matter and make you a more complete player. McDavid is the best scorer in the league, bar none. He's like Pavel Bure. Bure was the best scorer in the league for a period. But he was NEVER the best player in the league.

FWIW Draisaitl also has a better goals per game average than McDavid over the last four years as well, so it's not like he's not contributing comparable levels of offense. He just doesn't have as many assists during that same period.

Edited by kipwinger

4 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

LOL I really hope this is copypasta

It is. Nothing healthier than building an entire identity around marijuana use.

Grow up and drink 3 bottles of wine a night like the rest of us.

47 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

WHAT?! I'm blown away. You mean a bunch of dipsh*ts who use confirmation bias to believe what they already want to believe disagree with me? Oh no!

Draisaitl one of the top faceoff men in the league, and plays selke caliber defense against other teams' top lines. But other than that I guess nothing much. You can downplay it if you like, but McDavid isn't getting Selke votes against other team's top lines. He's getting sheltered from them. Likewise, when the Oilers need the puck they send out Draisaitl (or Nugent Hopkins even) rather than McDavid to go win the faceoff. These things matter and make you a more complete player. McDavid is the best scorer in the league, bar none. He's like Pavel Bure. Bure was the best scorer in the league for a period. But he was NEVER the best player in the league.

FWIW Draisaitl also has a better goals per game average than McDavid over the last four years as well, so it's not like he's not contributing comparable levels of offense. He just doesn't have as many (secondary) assists.

Bure was never the best scorer in the league.  Goals maybe.  Not points.  McDavid is a more versatile offensive player.  He's primarily a set-up man who scores goals.  Bure was predominantly a goal scorer with low assist numbers.  Bure was never going to dominate Art Ross races.  

You're overrating Draisatl's defensive play.  He's never received a top 20 Selke vote, let alone top 10.  He's better defensively than McDavid, but that doesn't make him a good defensive forward.  Zetterberg was better defensively than Gretzky.  There's a reason nobody cared about Gretzky or Lemieux's defensive prowess.    

1 hour ago, Gniwder said:

It is. Nothing healthier than building an entire identity around marijuana use.

Grow up and drink 3 bottles of wine a night like the rest of us.

Shut up u dont get to tell me what to consume when I watch my favorite Rick & Morty episodes!

12 minutes ago, GMRwings1983 said:

Bure was never the best scorer in the league.  Goals maybe.  Not points.  McDavid is a more versatile offensive player.  He's primarily a set-up man who scores goals.  Bure was predominantly a goal scorer with low assist numbers.  Bure was never going to dominate Art Ross races.  

You're overrating Draisatl's defensive play.  He's never received a top 20 Selke vote, let alone top 10.  He's better defensively than McDavid, but that doesn't make him a good defensive forward.  Zetterberg was better defensively than Gretzky.  There's a reason nobody cared about Gretzky or Lemieux's defensive prowess.    

I'm not suggesting anybody should care about McDavid's defense. I'm suggesting than unless he can play in all situations against top players he's probably not the "best player in the world". Because other top players can while still scoring at elite rates. Draisaitl does, Matthews does as well.

If anything I think you're overrating McDavid's offensive play. Over the course of their careers McDavid outscores Draisaitl at a rate of about .36 ppg. That equates to 29 points over a full season. That's about as much as Crosby outscored Datsyuk in 2008. However no thinking person would argue that Datsyuk wasn't the better player. I'd rather have the guy who can drop 95-100 pts head-to-head against the league's best players than the guy who will score 120 pts but you have to hide from everyone.

30 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

I'm not suggesting anybody should care about McDavid's defense. I'm suggesting than unless he can play in all situations against top players he's probably not the "best player in the world". Because other top players can while still scoring at elite rates. Draisaitl does, Matthews does as well.

If anything I think you're overrating McDavid's offensive play. Over the course of their careers McDavid outscores Draisaitl at a rate of about .36 ppg. That equates to 29 points over a full season. That's about as much as Crosby outscored Datsyuk in 2008. However no thinking person would argue that Datsyuk wasn't the better player. I'd rather have the guy who can drop 95-100 pts head-to-head against the league's best players than the guy who will score 120 pts but you have to hide from everyone.

Actually, just about every thinking person would argue that.  Only Red Wings homers wouldn't.  Crosby was better than Datsyuk.  You're overrating two-way play.  Would you take two-way Fedorov in 1994 over a prime Mario in 1991?  I wouldn't.    

18 minutes ago, GMRwings1983 said:

Actually, just about every thinking person would argue that.  Only Red Wings homers wouldn't.  Crosby was better than Datsyuk You're overrating two-way play.  Would you take two-way Fedorov in 1994 over a prime Mario in 1991?  I wouldn't.    

Not in 2008 he wasn't

17 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Not in 2008 he wasn't

Not as a two-way player.  But don't let two-way ability mask overall impact on games.  Crosby missed much of that season but still scored 72 points in 53 games.  He scored 120 points the season before as a 19 year old.  Datsyuk was a better two-way player but there was no question who was getting the Hart trophy.  

That's why I bring up Gretzky and Lemieux.  Neither player was good defensively but who really cares?  If you have an otherworldly offensive talent, it becomes less important how responsible they are defensively.  McDavid is the closest we have to a scoring machine.  You don't have to be the best two-way player to be the best player in the league.  Otherwise, Patrice Bergeron is the best player in the league.      

Edited by GMRwings1983

44 minutes ago, GMRwings1983 said:

Not as a two-way player.  But don't let two-way ability mask overall impact on games.  Crosby missed much of that season but still scored 72 points in 53 games.  He scored 120 points the season before as a 19 year old.  Datsyuk was a better two-way player but there was no question who was getting the Hart trophy.  

That's why I bring up Gretzky and Lemieux.  Neither player was good defensively but who really cares?  If you have an otherworldly offensive talent, it becomes less important how responsible they are defensively.  McDavid is the closest we have to a scoring machine.  You don't have to be the best two-way player to be the best player in the league.  Otherwise, Patrice Bergeron is the best player in the league.      

I'd take Marner over McD. Selke caliber, kills penalties, carries Mathews. 

3 minutes ago, GMRwings1983 said:

LOL.  

That's right laugh. The 5'10 Leaf kid is killing the s*** out of penalties. Those are hard minutes. The 6'3" kid who's good at cross overs and can skate really fast isn't. I'd bet his hockey IQ is mid-low. 

6 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

That's right laugh. The 5'10 Leaf kid is killing the s*** out of penalties. Those are hard minutes. The 6'3" kid who's good at cross overs and can skate really fast isn't. I'd bet his hockey IQ is mid-low. 

Must agree.

Leafs being a very distant 2nd fav team I have watched a fair amount of games...Marner gets his nose dirty -  hounds the puck carrier - gets in the passing lanes - will block shots - and has a bit of a sneaky physical side that would wouldn't expect while he's on the PK.

I must say he's impressed me more and more as he matures.

5 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

Must agree.

Leafs being a very distant 2nd fav team I have watched a fair amount of games...Marner gets his nose dirty -  hounds the puck carrier - gets in the passing lanes - will block shots - and has a bit of a sneaky physical side that would wouldn't expect while he's on the PK.

I hope every day that Raymond turns out to be that type of player for us. 

3 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

Must agree.

Hope Raymond get's to this level.