• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Scott R Lucidi

2022 Draft / UFA

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, Betterovwithfedorov91 said:

If we draft a centre this draft. We should definitely deal suta at the TDL

I wouldn't mind trading Suter ASAP. He was awful this year IMO. Despite being given top6 minutes he scored like a 3rd liner. Watching him he did nothing to help the offense. Plenty of frustrating defensive lapses too. His defense is BAD. He made Namestnikov look like a total G.

He has an okay contract and some youth still at 26. Ditch him now. Give that 3rd line C spot to Ras or Veleno to start the season and see what they can do to gain some more experience.

3 minutes ago, bIueadams said:

I wouldn't mind trading Suter ASAP. He was awful this year IMO. Despite being given top6 minutes he scored like a 3rd liner. Watching him he did nothing to help the offense. Plenty of frustrating defensive lapses too. His defense is BAD. He made Namestnikov look like a total G.

He has an okay contract and some youth still at 26. Ditch him now. Give that 3rd line C spot to Ras or Veleno to start the season and see what they can do to gain some more experience.

This.  He is a ZERO in our end.  Cant have that as a center.

4 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

This.  He is a ZERO in our end.  Cant have that as a center.

Holland's solutions to 2C: Weiss and Nielsen

Yzerman's solutions to 2C: Filppula and Suter

One more failed attempt and he'll be worse than Holland at finding 2C's...

5 minutes ago, bIueadams said:

Holland's solutions to 2C: Weiss and Nielsen

Yzerman's solutions to 2C: Filppula and Suter

One more failed attempt and he'll be worse than Holland at finding 2C's...

Legwand wasnt exactly a Holland beaut!

How do you feel about Suter + McIsaac for Bo Horvat at the deadline?

4 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Legwand wasnt exactly a Holland beaut!

How do you feel about Suter + McIsaac for Bo Horvat at the deadline?

Wouldn't happen.

I'd wanna package Suter + Zadina for a Dman anyway

1 hour ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

RIGHT HANDED

No room or need for a RIGHT HANDED point a game forward.  WTF?!!

A 27 year old LEFT WING who will command at least a 5 year contract for a minimum of 7.5 per.

And You guys think a 27 yo Bertuzzi should be traded because he is outside the rebuild window? 

On 4/27/2022 at 5:18 PM, bIueadams said:

As speculated, SY also wants a legit top4 LHD who can mentor Seider and Eddog. 

Bertuzzi - Larkin - Forsberg

Vrana - Trocheck - Raymond

Fabbri - Suter - Zadina

Erne - Rasmussen - Sundqvist

UFA - Seider

Eddog - Hronek

Oesterle - Lindstrom 

I dont hate it. I wouldnt change the top 6. 3rd line would be Berggren-Veleno-Zadina. 4th line would be Rasmussen-Suter-Sundqvist. 13th and 14th forwards are Stephens and Erne. Fabbri starts the season on IR.

For defense, I sign Edler to a 1 year deal and pair him with Seider. I like the 2nd pair. I re-sign Staal to pair with Lindstrom on the 3rd pair. Oesterle is 7th D.

Edit: Walman with Lindstrom. No Staal.

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

5 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

Is there anything out there saying Fabbri won't be ready to Starr the season?

Torn ACL in February. Full recovery time for an athlete can be anywhere from 6 months to a full year. He won't be rushed back since its not his first ACL injury. Season starts in October. He could be ready by then.

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

40 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

This guy is a mess.  Even if he's ready, he's a ticking time bomb.

He's torn his left ACL twice and his right once. Logic says his career is going to be a short one.

1 minute ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

yes.  and its not like he plays some punishing style of hockey.  I like the low risk gamble by Steven, but this one is craps.

I remember Blash praised him for returning from his last x2 ACL tears and playing "without fear of re-injuring himself". Which is nice and all, but now he's done it again to his other knee, and he's going to be at significant risk of re-tearing both. He keeps playing like this and he may not finish his new x3 contract on the ice.

23 minutes ago, bIueadams said:

I remember Blash praised him for returning from his last x2 ACL tears and playing "without fear of re-injuring himself". Which is nice and all, but now he's done it again to his other knee, and he's going to be at significant risk of re-tearing both. He keeps playing like this and he may not finish his new x3 contract on the ice.

Yah, im wishing him the best.  I like Fabbri, as he goes to the dirty spots.  But he is just an injury magnet.  Its frustrating.

12 hours ago, bIueadams said:

Rasmussen - Suter - Zadina
Erne - Veleno - Sundqvist
Smith/Stephens

That's the team to start the season with Trocheck and Forsberg added. A perfectly acceptable lineup. Berggren and Soderblom haven't made the team yet and I'm not at all convinced they will out of camp. Soderblom especially needs NA grooming b4 he's ready. Horcoff has also stated they're taking things slow with Berggren. I'm not at all convinced he'll be fully promoted after 1 AHL season, though I do think he'll be the #1 call up and play more than a few games when the injuries set in.

Then we're likely going to be jettisoning Suter, Erne, and Sundqvist at the TDL.

Fabbri - Veleno - Zadina
Smith - Stephens - Rasmussen
Berggren

Another acceptable lineup... despite that it won't even be in tact due to injuries.

Furthermore, I would not agree that Suter, Veleno and Zadina are currently top9 forwards. Maybe on this team they play in those spots, but that's only because we suck total ass. I would have absolutely no problem with Suter and Veleno on the 4th and Zadina scratched. 

The top 9 forwards on this team currently are: Bertuzzi, Larkin, Vrana, Raymond, and Fabbri. That's 5 of possible 9. And Fabbri is going on LTIR to start the season. So 4 of 9.

Zadina should also be moved at the draft, and Smith should be waived.

I'm hoping Suter and Zadina get packaged for a Dman this summer.

I keep forgetting about Andreasson...

If SY only adds a 2C this summer it's going to be a dog fight for the last remaining spots on the roster at camp.

Bertuzzi - Larkin - Raymond
Vrana - 2C -

With 7 spots left to fight over between Rasmussen, Suter, Zadina, Erne, Veleno, Sundqvist, Smith, Stephens, Andreasson, Berggren, Pearson (x11).

Pearson is probably done in this organization... maybe we shouldn't even re-sign.

Let's give this package to the yotes:

ARI: Zadina + Suter + Hronek + 2nd
DET: Chychrun

Then make a huge play for Klingberg this offseason as our vet Dman to lead the boys. Maybe hire Gronborg and send he and Lidstrom to help recruit the Swede.

HALYB7B.png

Total cap hit in 2022/23 = $70 million ($74 when Fabbri returns)

The next season (with Bertuzzi and Larkin's extensions):

zmEwemQ.png

Total cap hit of $68 million. With $27 million available in the offseason to re-sign the following: Vrana, Rasmussen, Raymond, Berggren, Seider, Johansson, and Cossa.

That will be more than enough to re-sign Vrana and bridge all those young players. This is also the year the cap is supposed to sky rocket, so we may have closer to $37 million available to do this.

WE CAN AFFORD TO GET TROCHECK FORSBERG AND KLINGBERG YZERMAN NEED TO SPEND THIS OFFSEASON

17 minutes ago, bIueadams said:

If SY only adds a 2C this summer it's going to be a dog fight for the last remaining spots on the roster at camp.

Vrana - 2C -

With 7 spots left to fight over between Rasmussen, Suter, Zadina, Erne, Veleno, Sundqvist, Smith, Stephens, Andreasson, Berggren, Pearson (x11).

Pearson is probably done in this organization... maybe we shouldn't even re-sign.

Then make a huge play for Klingberg this offseason as our vet Dman to lead the boys. Maybe hire Gronborg and send he and Lidstrom to help recruit the Swede.

HALYB7B.png

zmEwemQ.png

Total cap hit of $68 million. With $27 million available in the offseason to re-sign the following: Vrana, Rasmussen, Raymond, Berggren, Seider, Johansson, and Cossa.

That will be more than enough to re-sign Vrana and bridge all those young players. This is also the year the cap is supposed to sky rocket, so we may have closer to $37 million available to do this.

WE CAN AFFORD TO GET TROCHECK FORSBERG AND KLINGBERG YZERMAN NEED TO SPEND THIS OFFSEASON

Ive been saying this for years!  We have money, and lots of it.  For some reason, I just cant convince Marc that Edvinsson cant go UFA in 2025.  He thinks Seider, Raymond, and Edvinsson will all be making 11 million a season by then.  In reality, Seider will be at 7x3, Raymond will be at 6x3, and Edvinsson will be at 2x4.  We have 3 great young players on our team.  Not 3 Sidney Crosbys.

1 hour ago, bIueadams said:

Vrana - 2C -

HALYB7B.png

zmEwemQ.png

Having the cap space now and having the cap space in 5 years is 2 different things.

We have to spend roughly $18 million this year JUST TO REACH THE CAP FLOOR. 

We need a 2C, a backup goalie, and multiple LHD. It's hard to think we can't not go after a big name with the money we have to spend. 

1 hour ago, bIueadams said:

We have to spend roughly $18 million this year JUST TO REACH THE CAP FLOOR. 

We need a 2C, a backup goalie, and multiple LHD. It's hard to think we can't not go after a big name with the money we have to spend. 

Forsberg, Copp, Kadri, Gaudreau, and Burakovsky.

Can see if the Flames want to move Lucic for his last season under contract - maybe getting an additional draft pick.

Flames LD Zadorov might be a good addition.

2 hours ago, F.Michael said:

Forsberg, Copp, Kadri, Gaudreau, and Burakovsky.

Can see if the Flames want to move Lucic for his last season under contract - maybe getting an additional draft pick.

Flames LD Zadorov might be a good addition.

Forsberg + Copp + Edvinsson + Jiricek = Im watching every minute of every game.

Vrana-Larkin-Raymond

Bertuzzi-Copp-Forsberg

Zadina-Veleno-Berggren

Rasmussen-Stephens-Suter

Smith/Erne

Walman-Seider

Edvinsson-Hronek

Juolevi-Lindstrom

McIssac

Ned

Cossa

So Tasty.

We have to spend roughly $18-20 million to get above the cap floor. 

Braden Holtby $4

Alexander Edler $4

Nikita Zadorov $4.5

Vincent Trocheck $7

Andrew Copp $7

Total = $26.5 million

Only 6-8 million above the floor (10-12 when Fabbri returns) and we have a whole new team.

Vrana - Larkin - Raymond

Fabbri - Copp - Bertuzzi 

Rasmussen - Trocheck - Berggren

Erne - Suter - Sundqvist

Scratched: Zadina + Smith

Zadorov - Seider

Edvinsson - Hronek

Edler - Lindstrom

Scratched: Oesterle 

Nedeljkovic

Holtby