• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Scott R Lucidi

2022 Draft / UFA

Rate this topic

13 minutes ago, bIueadams said:

SY said in the TDL presser one of his biggest jobs this offseason will be inking extensions to core players like Like Larkin and Bertuzzi.

Larkin: $7.5-8 x 8
Bertuzzi: $6.5-7 x 3-5
Zadina: $1-1.5 x 2-3
Stephens: $750K-1 x 2-3
Walman: $1-1.5 x 1-2

Larkin: $7.1m x 8

Bertuzzi: not extended

Zadina: $2m x 2

Stephens: 1.2m x 2

Gagner: 1m x 1

Staal: $1.8m x 1

Walman: 1.5m x 1

2 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

id lile to see us take a risk on zadina and go 3 x 8.  give him a secure footing, and i think he gets better.  his stress level has to be off the chart.

All of my feelings about Zadina aside, wouldn't that just be a sign (by both parties) that they'd given up on him ever being much better. Like, I don't know that I want a 6OA pick with (supposedly) loads of talent taking a contract which basically screams "I'm not willing to bet on myself". F*ck that.

Not to mention the fact that giving a guy who does nothing 3 million per year completely screws up your salary structure. If you have Zadina doing nothing for 3 million then what do you pay for guys like Gagner next time you sign one?

Frankly, whether or not the team keeps him (there are arguments both ways) they need to stop emphasizing "getting Zadina going". Guys like Ras, Namestnikov, Gagner, Veleno, etc. would kill for half the opportunity Zadina was given this year in an effort to "get him going". The only difference is that they earned it and he didn't. You think Gagner (going into UFA status) wouldn't have appreciated loads of powerplay time and a spot riding shotgun with Larkin, Bert, Raymond, or Vrana? And is there any doubt he'd have performed better than Zadina in those roles?

Zadina's been gifted enough. We're going on three straight seasons of him not doing jack sh*t. Let him earn his next contract or trade him.

1 hour ago, kipwinger said:

All of my feelings about Zadina aside, wouldn't that just be a sign (by both parties) that they'd given up on him ever being much better. Like, I don't know that I want a 6OA pick with (supposedly) loads of talent taking a contract which basically screams "I'm not willing to bet on myself". F*ck that.

Not to mention the fact that giving a guy who does nothing 3 million per year completely screws up your salary structure. If you have Zadina doing nothing for 3 million then what do you pay for guys like Gagner next time you sign one?

Frankly, whether or not the team keeps him (there are arguments both ways) they need to stop emphasizing "getting Zadina going". Guys like Ras, Namestnikov, Gagner, Veleno, etc. would kill for half the opportunity Zadina was given this year in an effort to "get him going". The only difference is that they earned it and he didn't. You think Gagner (going into UFA status) wouldn't have appreciated loads of powerplay time and a spot riding shotgun with Larkin, Bert, Raymond, or Vrana? And is there any doubt he'd have performed better than Zadina in those roles?

Zadina's been gifted enough. We're going on three straight seasons of him not doing jack sh*t. Let him earn his next contract or trade him.

I had a good laugh during the broadcast last night where text showed below the onscreen scoreboard mentioning Zadina's career-high 9 goals this season. He sure has been filling those nets.

1 hour ago, kipwinger said:

youre right.  That was a dumb idea.

5 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

youre right.  That was a dumb idea.

I'm not sure "dumb" is the way to describe it. David Poile has had a ton of success getting good players under great contracts in Nashville doing exactly what you're talking about. I think from my point of view you'd just want to see some reason for optimism from Zadina before you pulled the trigger. So far there hasn't been any. Maybe if he starts scoring a bit under a new coach or something.

6 minutes ago, town123 said:

Hellburg for backup competition next year? 

Does he see any action this year?

Nah, Hellberg and Andreasson would both need to pass through waivers if signed now. They'll probably be officially signed and announced on July 13th when UFA opens.

18 hours ago, redw1ngs said:

Lol you could just simply say you have no idea what your talking about and you never seen Soderblom play.

The role you described for Soderblom is similar to what Abby's role was when he played on a line with Datsyuk and Zetterberg. 

6 hours ago, marcaractac said:

I do not think you understand what these terms mean. 

Top 6: A forward who plays consistently on the 1st and 2nd forward lines.

Middle 6: A forward that plays on the 2nd and 3rd forward lines. Generally do not play in a full time top 6 role. Better than a full time bottom six forward.

I described Soderblom as a middle 6 at best. Which is where I think his ceiling is. I do not think he belongs in the top 6 full time. I don't the skill set is there to be considered a top 6 forward.

16 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

The role you described for Soderblom is similar to what Abby's role was when he played on a line with Datsyuk and Zetterberg. 

Top 6: A forward who plays consistently on the 1st and 2nd forward lines.

Middle 6: A forward that plays on the 2nd and 3rd forward lines. Generally do not play in a full time top 6 role. Better than a full time bottom six forward.

I described Soderblom as a middle 6 at best. Which is where I think his ceiling is. I do not think he belongs in the top 6 full time. I don't the skill set is there to be considered a top 6 forward.

You shun those who say he can't be top 6, yet you clearly think he can potentially play on the second line as a middle 6 winger. That is top 6. You have failed. 

And you're on crack if you think he lacks the skills to be a top 6 forward. The kid has more skill than most of the current Wings roster. 

Also, he can play a similar role on the top line that Abby did and still have loads more speed and skill to far exceed anything Abby has done there. 

22 minutes ago, bIueadams said:

Nah, Hellberg and Andreasson would both need to pass through waivers if signed now. They'll probably be officially signed and announced on July 13th when UFA opens.

Hellberg's contract is for the remainder of this season according to Bultman.

Seems to be GR help for the time being.  

Edited by marcaractac

18 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

Pickard is hurt, Brattstrom and Fulcher are awful, and the Griffs are in the hunt for the last playoff spot. Makes sense to bring in a ringer I guess. Hellberg was also likely looking for opportunities outside the KHL with the whole Russia fiasco.

Hopefully he plays well and can get extended. We need a replacement for Brattstrom next year and any stand ins we can get until Cossa arrives.

Nedeljkovic
Hellberg/JVP

Hellberg/JVP
Pickard

9 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

Meyers to the Avs. Guess he doesn't want a shot at a big role in the NHL any time soon. 

yeah but watch him win a cup and then get a solid bottom 6 spot next year when they unload Sturm, Helm, and Cogliano.

4 hours ago, marcaractac said:

You shun those who say he can't be top 6, yet you clearly think he can potentially play on the second line as a middle 6 winger. That is top 6. You have failed. 

And you're on crack if you think he lacks the skills to be a top 6 forward. The kid has more skill than most of the current Wings roster. 

Also, he can play a similar role on the top line that Abby did and still have loads more speed and skill to far exceed anything Abby has done there. 

A top 6 forward and a middle 6 forward are not the same thing. I said he was not the former, that he was the latter. That's not a contradiction.

I also never said he was Abby in terms of skill, nor did I say he would not be better in a comparable role.

You advocate for spreading out the offense and not keeping all the best forwards on the top 2 lines. So if Soderblom is a for sure top 6 F, then why the opposition to playing him on the 3rd line? Isn't that accomplishing your point?

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

12 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

A top 6 forward and a middle 6 forward are not the same thing. I said he was not the former, that he was the latter. That's not a contradiction.

I also never said he was Abby in terms of skill, nor did I say he would not be better in a comparable role.

You advocate for spreading out the offense and not keeping all the best forwards on the top 2 lines. So if Soderblom is a for sure top 6 F, then why the opposition to playing him on the 3rd line? Isn't that accomplishing your point?

If Soderblom is a regular fixture on the second line and occasionally moves up or down, what does that make him? The guy is either gonna be a capable scorer or not. That pretty much buys players a spot anywhere in the top 9 when you're a winger. 

As for spreading talent, there will be plenty to go around. If you haven't noticed, the depth on the wing in the system is pretty deep. 

My guess is you'll see one of Soderblom, Bert, and Ras on each of the top 3 lines due to their size and/or style of play. If you actually pay attention to what I say, you'd notice I said having balanced lines is what is most important. 

Step 1: Trade Suter, Zadina, McIsaac, and a 2nd to Columbus for Jack Roslovic and Vladislav Gavrikov

Step 2: Move Ras to the wing permanently.

Step 3: Sign Brett Kulak

Step 4: Ice this lineup

Ras-Larkin-Vrana

Bert-Roslovic-Raymond

Berggren-Veleno-Sodorblom

Sundqvist-Stephens-Erne

Smith

Gavrikov-Seider

Kulak-Hronek

Edvinsson-Lindstrom

Oesterle

5 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Step 1: Trade Suter, Zadina, McIsaac, and a 2nd to Columbus for Jack Roslovic and Vladislav Gavrikov

Step 2: Move Ras to the wing permanently.

Step 3: Sign Brett Kulak

Step 4: Ice this lineup

Ras-Larkin-Vrana

Bert-Roslovic-Raymond

Berggren-Veleno-Sodorblom

Sundqvist-Stephens-Erne

Smith

Gavrikov-Seider

Kulak-Hronek

Edvinsson-Lindstrom

Oesterle

would love to see, but Roslovic is untouchable.  We'd have to give up our 1st rounder I think.  Would you be willing to trade 2022 1st for Roslovic?

6 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

would love to see, but Roslovic is untouchable.  We'd have to give up our 1st rounder I think.  Would you be willing to trade 2022 1st for Roslovic?

Why is he untouchable? He's played primarily on the 3rd and 4th lines this season, is not well liked by the well liked coach, is not a team leader (Like Boone Jenner, who is ahead of him on the depth chart), and is on a rebuilding team that just drafted Kent Johnson and Cole Sillinger to play center as well, and Columbus was openly shopping him prior to the deadline.

50 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Why is he untouchable? He's played primarily on the 3rd and 4th lines this season, is not well liked by the well liked coach, is not a team leader (Like Boone Jenner, who is ahead of him on the depth chart), and is on a rebuilding team that just drafted Kent Johnson and Cole Sillinger to play center as well, and Columbus was openly shopping him prior to the deadline.

40 pts is a lot of pts for a 3rd liner.  I think you are undervaluing him, is all.

4 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

40 pts is a lot of pts for a 3rd liner.  I think you are undervaluing him, is all.

I know, that's why I'm suggesting the Wings should trade for him and make him a 2C.

Suter and a high 2nd seems pretty fair to me. They'd essentially be getting a 3C who's the same age, much better defensively, a little worse offensively (but not by THAT much), and a pretty valuable pick.

If anything I'm undervaluing Gavrikov, who's probably worth more than Zadina and McIsaac but he doesn't really have a long track record and Zadina/McIsaac have some upside and are cost controlled for like 80 more years.

10 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

I know, that's why I'm suggesting the Wings should trade for him and make him a 2C.

Suter and a high 2nd seems pretty fair to me. They'd essentially be getting a 3C who's the same age, much better defensively, a little worse offensively (but not by THAT much), and a pretty valuable pick.

If anything I'm undervaluing Gavrikov, who's probably worth more than Zadina and McIsaac but he doesn't really have a long track record and Zadina/McIsaac have some upside and are cost controlled for like 80 more years.

Would you do our 2022 1st (8OA) for Roz?

3 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Would you do our 2022 1st (8OA) for Roz?

It's an overpayment. So no. Roslovic is a strictly offensive center, with pretty severe defensive limitations. Which is why in my fantasy line combos I put him with two really solid defensive wingers. He's probably not going to get too much better on the defensive end, so you're gambling that he can become a Mark Schiefle type - offense only - center with more icetime and solid wingers. But that's a pretty big gamble since he's never scored even 50 pts in the league. And BECAUSE it's a gamble you're not giving up a top end 1st round pick.

But I can't imagine Columbus would expect one either, thankfully. Look at all the 1st round picks that get traded each year and almost none of them are lottery picks. There is a reason for that. The only time you see lottery picks involved in trades is when a team trades (for instance) their 2023 1st before the 2022 draft has even taken place (so basically two years out) and then the team ends up sucking worse than they thought. Yzerman is smart, he's not doing that.