• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Scott R Lucidi

Eddog vs. Seider

Rate this topic

14 hours ago, town123 said:

Everyone fought, but yes, Orr took on everybody.   One of the toughest was Pat Quinn, former Leaf coach.   Big mean dude that nailed Orr coming into the Leaf zone.   Orr gets up and put a beating on him.    Any guy that skates barefoot has to be a tough mfer.

I feel pretty lucky to have seen him play so many times.

Fights exactly how The Glover shpupd fight.  Lots of wrestling.

57 minutes ago, Scott R Lucidi said:

Seider was all world last night minus the blown tire.  His positioning reminds me of Lids.  He never allows the forward a scoring path.  Always angles them into non scoring spots.  So clean.

Yeah, he's a stud. Seider on defense, and Rasmussen at forward, get some of the hardest usage I've seen on a wings team in years. Those dudes are absolute horses. Seider has been looking a little more assertive in the offensive zone lately as well, which was really my only (minor) gripe with his play. He's pretty damn good.

Edit: There's an article in The Athletic today detailing how Seider has the toughest usage in the league. The author argues that Seider is sinking a bit with the usage, but that it would be hard not to sink given what he's been asked to do (that's me paraphrasing the article). We need quality defensemen, bad.

Edited by kipwinger

1 hour ago, kipwinger said:

Yeah, he's a stud. Seider on defense, and Rasmussen at forward, get some of the hardest usage I've seen on a wings team in years. Those dudes are absolute horses. Seider has been looking a little more assertive in the offensive zone lately as well, which was really my only (minor) gripe with his play. He's pretty damn good.

Edit: There's an article in The Athletic today detailing how Seider has the toughest usage in the league. The author argues that Seider is sinking a bit with the usage, but that it would be hard not to sink given what he's been asked to do (that's me paraphrasing the article). We need quality defensemen, bad.

That makes perfect sense.  Check that link i posted a couple spots above with Seider's possession metrics.  It FEELS (eyeball test) that Seider is always shutting down the attack and getting it out of our zone.  The metrics might look poor because the other teams good players are probably always getting it back and coming back at us.  I think Seider's possession metrics will start to sky rocket when we get a few of these young guys (Kasper, Danielson, Lombardi, Mazur, Berggren) up that can turn a defensive stop into continued possession the other way.  We're so focussed on playing sound defensively right now that we might be spending a little too much time playing defense.  Edvinsson will help change that too.  He's a transition dynamo.

2 minutes ago, Scott R Lucidi said:

That makes perfect sense.  Check that link i posted a couple spots above with Seider's possession metrics.  It FEELS (eyeball test) that Seider is always shutting down the attack and getting it out of our zone.  The metrics might look poor because the other teams good players are probably always getting it back and coming back at us.  I think Seider's possession metrics will start to sky rocket when we get a few of these young guys (Kasper, Danielson, Lombardi, Mazur, Berggren) up that can turn a defensive stop into continued possession the other way.  We're so focussed on playing sound defensively right now that we might be spending a little too much time playing defense.  Edvinsson will help change that too.  He's a transition dynamo.

I think a big part of it is that we've only got one pair that can really defend top players well so they end up defending all game long, and THAT kills your possession metrics. But what other choice do we have? I'm not saying we should or shouldn't trade for Hanifin or Chychrun, but if you did and put them on the 2nd pair you'd immediately see Seider and Walman's possession stats increase.

8 minutes ago, Scott R Lucidi said:

These bloggers have the exact wrong approach. 

"Midseason report card" is beyond trite. And i dont respect their takes. If i want to read something like that ill go to a real journalist at the athletic or something.

What they should be writing is articles like "wings forwards ranked by chadness" or "3 current wings that will turn you gray". I would be posting those on here all day and fiercely debating them.

14 minutes ago, Troy McClure said:

These bloggers have the exact wrong approach. 

"Midseason report card" is beyond trite. And i dont respect their takes. If i want to read something like that ill go to a real journalist at the athletic or something.

What they should be writing is articles like "wings forwards ranked by chadness" or "3 current wings that will turn you gray". I would be posting those on here all day and fiercely debating them.

Walman's the biggest Chad, followed by Debrincat. Gostisbehere and Chiarot will turn you gray.

23 hours ago, kipwinger said:

Walman's the biggest Chad, followed by Debrincat. Gostisbehere and Chiarot will turn you gray.

I gained some respectfor Perron actually when he stuck up for Larkin.  F ing Frenchie doing un frenchie un glover things.  Went from "will be glad" to "might want him back" when he's gone.

5 minutes ago, Scott R Lucidi said:

I gained some respectfor Perron actually when he stuck up for Larkin.  F ing Frenchie doing un frenchie un glover things.  Went from "will be glad" to "might want him back" when he's gone.

I love David Perron. He's the prototypical "glue guy". He was once a very good hockey player, now he's still a decent hockey player, but he brings the right attitude every single day on and off the ice. He's basically Shoresy. He talks a ton of sh*t, is dirty as hell when necessary, will do basically anything for his teammates, and doesn't accept losing.