• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Scott R Lucidi

Eddog vs. Seider

Rate this topic

30 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

May + 4 months = September.  Im not counting him out.  And I agree with you if he's still in recovery.  I prefaced my statement with "If Healthy", for that reason.

Even if he's adequately "recovered" he still missed an entire offseason of training/conditioning/development. If you broke your leg and it took six weeks to heal you'd technically be "recovered" but I doubt you'd be out running 10Ks immediately afterward.

Personally I'd prefer he start in GR and stay there until he's up to game speed. Once he's dominating, call him up. I don't see any reason to rush it considering we've got seven NHL caliber defensemen on the roster without him.

9 hours ago, kipwinger said:

Even if he's adequately "recovered" he still missed an entire offseason of training/conditioning/development. If you broke your leg and it took six weeks to heal you'd technically be "recovered" but I doubt you'd be out running 10Ks immediately afterward.

Personally I'd prefer he start in GR and stay there until he's up to game speed. Once he's dominating, call him up. I don't see any reason to rush it considering we've got seven NHL caliber defensemen on the roster without him.

You act like our team trains in the summer.

Jfresh - who has become a kinda staple on hockey twitter for his score cards - had his fans vote on the top players at every position. Thousands voted.

Here's the RHD results:

1. Cale Makar
2. Adam Fox
3. Charlie Mcavoy
4. Erik Karlsson
5. Dougie Hamilton
6. Alex Pietrangelo
7. Mo Seider
8. Aaron Ekblad
9. Kris Letang
10. Drew Doughty

IMO I think Mo is much better than Karlsson, Hamilton, Pietrangelo. He should be in the same group as McAvoy and Fox. But I'll take this. Despite his down year fans still recognize he's better than Letang, Doughty, Ekblad. This is good.

Thank god the "Mo and Joe" show is over, and Seider is training with Stutzle in Mannheim. I have no problem with him returning to Germany if he's training with other top league players like this. @Jonas Mahonas is a troll idiot who should go back to making pizzas.

On 8/29/2023 at 12:40 AM, bIueadams said:

Thank god the "Mo and Joe" show is over, and Seider is training with Stutzle in Mannheim. I have no problem with him returning to Germany if he's training with other top league players like this. @Jonas Mahonas is a troll idiot who should go back to making pizzas.

Gack.    I like Raymond, BUT, it's really sad the Wings don't have both Stutzle and Mo.    

Not worried about the shoulder at all. Start him in GR and leave him there until he's dominating. He'll be ready for NHL duty after about 25 games. He's a horse, there's nothing stopping this dude from being an absolute beast. 25 games of additional AHL games isn't going to change that.

21 hours ago, kipwinger said:

Not worried about the shoulder at all. Start him in GR and leave him there until he's dominating. He'll be ready for NHL duty after about 25 games. He's a horse, there's nothing stopping this dude from being an absolute beast. 25 games of additional AHL games isn't going to change that.

who gets demoted or traded?

3 hours ago, diehardredwingsfan58 said:

A future top pairing of Edvinsson and Seider, Would be pretty nasty.

walman and seider are solid. no reason to break them up. Edvinsson with ASP would give the team another RH/LH dynamic duo on the 2nd pair.

1 hour ago, Axl Foley said:

who gets demoted or traded?

walman and seider are solid. no reason to break them up. Edvinsson with ASP would give the team another RH/LH dynamic duo on the 2nd pair.

I don't care? Most likely injuries will answer that question for us.

Seider has now taken 2 slap shots in his career and scored on both.  This is going to open up our power play huge.  Big Mo is one tool away from being Norris worthy, imo.  Once he learns how to drop his mitts and wrestle fight istead of gloving, he will be the most complete defenseman in the NHL.

10 minutes ago, Scott R Lucidi said:

Seider has now taken 2 slap shots in his career and scored on both.  This is going to open up our power play huge.  Big Mo is one tool away from being Norris worthy, imo.  Once he learns how to drop his mitts and wrestle fight istead of gloving, he will be the most complete defenseman in the NHL.

Elite dmen don't sit in the penalty box for fighting. That's an advantage for the opposing team. 

2 hours ago, marcaractac said:

Elite dmen don't sit in the penalty box for fighting. That's an advantage for the opposing team. 

Agree and this statement got me curious so went to here https://www.hockeyfights.com/players/3738 and I was kind of surprised that Paul Coffey had more fights(51) than Bobby Orr (47) if my math is right as Orr played in the rock em sock em era. 

I don't care whether Seider fights or not, but I do wish Kostin/Fischer/Chiarot would have beat the sh*t out of someone last night. Both Fabbri and Larkin got hit hard in the numbers. Would have liked to see some kind of response there.

1 hour ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

Agree and this statement got me curious so went to here https://www.hockeyfights.com/players/3738 and I was kind of surprised that Paul Coffey had more fights(51) than Bobby Orr (47) if my math is right as Orr played in the rock em sock em era. 

I believe Orr was such a great fighter that he didn't have to drop them that often.     I can't remember him losing a fight, at worse a draw, but usually he landed more than he took.

7 minutes ago, town123 said:

I believe Orr was such a great fighter that he didn't have to drop them that often.     I can't remember him losing a fight, at worse a draw, but usually he landed more than he took.

Before my time, did he fight actual tough dudes though?

5 minutes ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

They were all tough back in the day ...smoke a pack of cigs between periods, no helmets, defended themselves, used wood sticks ....LOL 

Sure, they were all tough compared to you or I. But I'm saying, was Orr tough compared to actual tough guys in the NHL back then? Because I know Coffey wasn't.

The reason I ask is because the number of fights a guy has doesn't really mean anything if he's not actually tough/fighting tough guys. Look at Abdelkader.

12 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Sure, they were all tough compared to you or I. But I'm saying, was Orr tough compared to actual tough guys in the NHL back then? Because I know Coffey wasn't.

The reason I ask is because the number of fights a guy has doesn't really mean anything if he's not actually tough/fighting tough guys. Look at Abdelkader.

Abby was yoked

The Glover has 17 glovings already.  That's pretty good.

10 hours ago, kipwinger said:

I don't care whether Seider fights or not, but I do wish Kostin/Fischer/Chiarot would have beat the sh*t out of someone last night. Both Fabbri and Larkin got hit hard in the numbers. Would have liked to see some kind of response there.

Spot on.  This is all I care about too.  Of course I dont want Seider in the box, but I also dont want Larkin in the press box.  If Seider is going to play 30 mins a night, he needs to help with the fly swatting when required.

21 hours ago, kipwinger said:

Before my time, did he fight actual tough dudes though?

Everyone fought, but yes, Orr took on everybody.   One of the toughest was Pat Quinn, former Leaf coach.   Big mean dude that nailed Orr coming into the Leaf zone.   Orr gets up and put a beating on him.    Any guy that skates barefoot has to be a tough mfer.

I feel pretty lucky to have seen him play so many times.