• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
bIueadams

Wing Hire HC Derek Lalonde, AC Bob Boner, AC Varaday, and GC Westlund

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, LeftWinger said:

It's a new beginning! Odd having THREE A's though... I wonder if one will be special teams exclusive?

Lalonde said he doesnt like anyone being exclusive. They all contribute to everything. 

SHOTS FIRED!!!

Cooper calls Lalonde a filthy liar

Lalonde is a special analyst for the playoffs. He said on broadcast that during his tenure with the bolts they discovered that Vasi's weakness was tracking shots from the point. So they changed their whole defensive scheme to account for this.

Now Cooper is saying Derek is making that all up cause he has nothing clever to say.

Are we going to stand for this? Is Lalonde an unhinged liar? How do we respond?

https://www.audacy.com/podcast/stoney-and-jansen-with-heather-1b0a6/episodes/derek-lalonde-on-what-hes-excited-about-for-the-red-wings-upcoming-season-25f29

Derek interviewed on Stoney and Jansen

>says Seider has become much better at "managing the game" and has taken a little bit away from his offensive threat, but in doing so has become much better at controlling the game and flow of play.

>says Razor has added 8-9 lb of muscle already this summer and looks like a whole new athlete.

>says there will be true competition at camp for players like Mazur and Kasper.

>says Edvinsson made huge progress from last years camp till now

>says he pushed hard to acquire Petry. Didn't hear from Yzerman for 2 weeks after doing so, and then boom, it was done. Says Petry is very excited to be here and has always dreamed to play for the Red Wings.

>say Steves mantra is we wanna get there (win the cup) but when we get there, we want it to be sustainable.

In regards to the last statement, this is exactly what I want to hear from a GM (or 2nd hand through a coach). Screw lucking in to one cup like the Blues and fizzling out. I want Dynasty action. I will tolerate more pain for the big payoff. Give me generational wealth. f*** the new rich wannabes.

10 hours ago, bIueadams said:

https://www.audacy.com/podcast/stoney-and-jansen-with-heather-1b0a6/episodes/derek-lalonde-on-what-hes-excited-about-for-the-red-wings-upcoming-season-25f29

Derek interviewed on Stoney and Jansen

>says Seider has become much better at "managing the game" and has taken a little bit away from his offensive threat, but in doing so has become much better at controlling the game and flow of play.

>says Razor has added 8-9 lb of muscle already this summer and looks like a whole new athlete.

>says there will be true competition at camp for players like Mazur and Kasper.

>says Edvinsson made huge progress from last years camp till now

>says he pushed hard to acquire Petry. Didn't hear from Yzerman for 2 weeks after doing so, and then boom, it was done. Says Petry is very excited to be here and has always dreamed to play for the Red Wings.

>say Steves mantra is we wanna get there (win the cup) but when we get there, we want it to be sustainable.

In regards to the last statement, this is exactly what I want to hear from a GM (or 2nd hand through a coach). Screw lucking in to one cup like the Blues and fizzling out. I want Dynasty action. I will tolerate more pain for the big payoff. Give me generational wealth. f*** the new rich wannabes.

Return to our God/Allah/Budda/Ra/?? given rights as an orig 6 team. Starting a season talking about the possibility of Lord Stanley coming home vs being a 2 pump chump and barely getting into playoffs.

10 hours ago, marcaractac said:

I was told that players cannot work out and get stronger in Sweden. 

vvqhHwt.png

This was taken 2 months ago in England. Can't figure out what band they were going to see, but I think I can name all the players.

From left to right:

Seider, Raymond, Hirose, Nigel Englandton, DCat, Larkin, Bryce "two beers O'Houlihan, Matt Duchene, and Joe Veleno on the end

Also - Larkin is really making his sexuality known these days.

11 hours ago, marcaractac said:

I was told that players cannot work out and get stronger in Sweden. 

Here's what local r-slur @Jonas Mahonas is talking about:

https://www.mlive.com/redwings/2023/08/carter-mazur-aims-to-score-get-under-opponents-skin-secure-red-wings-job.html

“I would say I like (ticking) people off,” Mazur said. “That’s a big part of my game, so I feel like when that’s going on and getting under people’s skin, that’s what I consider a ‘B’ game. “A (game), I would consider I’m doing all that and adding skill, good passing, scoring goals.”He added, “I love chirping. Don’t care who you are. It makes hockey a lot of fun.”

“It is my life-long dream to be a Detroit Red Wing,” Mazur said.

He’ll be better prepared after gaining weight and adding strength. He checked in at 177 during development camp last month at Little Caesars Arena, when his goal was to gain one pound per week this offseason. He hoped to achieve it by working with team dietician Lisa McDowell and by eating a lot of his mom’s beef burritos.

“My first job’s hockey, my second job’s eating food,” Mazur said. “We had a lot of meetings about nutrition. I’m going to be here in the summer, so I’ll have a chef cooking those meals, pretty good meals, too. Just to have that resource is huge. And I’ll be staying in my own house with my mom, who is also an unbelievable chef. So that’s another helpful way. … I’d say 185 would be my goal.”

He’ll need that weight if he hopes to emulate his favorite player, Florida’s Matthew Tkachuk.

I may forgive SY for trading Bertuzzi yet...

1 hour ago, bIueadams said:

vvqhHwt.png

This was taken 2 months ago in England. Can't figure out what band they were going to see, but I think I can name all the players.

From left to right:

Seider, Raymond, Hirose, Nigel Englandton, DCat, Larkin, Bryce "two beers O'Houlihan, Matt Duchene, and Joe Veleno on the end

Also - Larkin is really making his sexuality known these days.

They are at a Coldplay concert. I am now way more concerned about this roster.

The hybrid public/fan confidence management rankings on the Athletic (voter based) has the Wings dropping from 3rd last year to 12th this year. Fans gave management a B and the public gave them a C+. Aligns with Pronman's U23 prospect rankings. Big drop there as well. 

I don't know what the f*** is going on but I've never seen so much doom n gloom. I swear things were more optimistic when Holland was trading Datsyuk and drafting Cholowski. 

Real talk: are the Wings really going to be a mushy middle team for a decade or is the rest of the league's fans and writer's insane?

4 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

The hybrid public/fan confidence management rankings on the Athletic (voter based) has the Wings dropping from 3rd last year to 12th this year. Fans gave management a B and the public gave them a C+. Aligns with Pronman's U23 prospect rankings. Big drop there as well. 

I don't know what the f*** is going on but I've never seen so much doom n gloom. I swear things were more optimistic when Holland was trading Datsyuk and drafting Cholowski. 

Real talk: are the Wings really going to be a mushy middle team for a decade or is the rest of the league's fans and writer's insane?

I think the majority of NHL fans still believe the best way to rebuild is to gut everything and pray for a McDavid. And SY isnt do that by signing Ghostbears and Petrys and what have you, hence the worse grade and mushy middle expectation.

Only here, at LGW, where the greatest of minds meet, do we truly understand the full breadth and scope of the yzerplan.

1. Its not about where you pick, its more about if you pick good

2. SY is collecting TDL assets he can flip 

29 minutes ago, bIueadams said:

I think the majority of NHL fans still believe the best way to rebuild is to gut everything and pray for a McDavid. And SY isnt do that by signing Ghostbears and Petrys and what have you, hence the worse grade and mushy middle expectation.

Only here, at LGW, where the greatest of minds meet, do we truly understand the full breadth and scope of the yzerplan.

1. Its not about where you pick, its more about if you pick good

2. SY is collecting TDL assets he can flip 

Yes. But it seems the majority of people think the Wings are not necessarily picking well. Pronman has Seider ranked 12th on his U23 list behind Caufield, Zegras, and Cozens - all guys taken after Seider. He buried Kasper on this list too. An 8th overall pick getting totally erased. Dom Luszczyszyn said Detroit has no difference makers or elite players. It's easy to call these guys penis-less fuktard beta cuks but maybe they're right and we're wrong? 

Habs fans think Lane Hutson is the next Karlsson. They're clearly crazy but they can't see it and you can't talk to them.

Are we crazy too? Is it time to start questioning management? 

Edited by The 91 of Ryans

20 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Yes. But it seems the majority of people think the Wings are not necessarily picking well. Pronman has Seider ranked 12th on his U23 list behind Caufield, Zegras, and Cozens - all guys taken after Seider. He buried Kasper on this list too. An 8th overall pick getting totally erased. Dom Luszczyszyn said Detroit has no difference makers or elite players. It's easy to call these guys penis-less fuktard beta cuks but maybe they're right and we're wrong? 

Habs fans think Lane Hutson is the next Karlsson. They're clearly crazy but they can't see it and you can't talk to them.

Are we crazy too? Is it time to start questioning management? 

LGW is always right.

Burying Seider and Kasper is legit cray cray wrong. Seider is a younger more violent equivalent of Miro Heiskanen, and I already see Heiskanen being talked about for the Norris this coming year. Anybody who watched last season would understand why he didnt hit 60+ pts (which he was on pace for with Walman). And thats not on Seider, its on Lolande and Chiarot. Seider is gonna flirt with 70 pts this year if Lalonde doesnt do something stupid like give his PP time to Ghost n Petry or something. Hes also still on track to smash career hitting and blocking records. Anybody who doubts Seider is an A class moron, who didnt learn their lesson the first time around when he was drafted.

I am more enthused about Kasper than I am Raymond or Eddogg or Danielson. The 1 game he played last year was all I needed to see. He came right in and played like a big dog. Getting in peoples faces, going to the net, fighting in the corners. He has that swagger you cant teach, just like Bertuzzi had. He'll prove doubters wrong quick.

Ray is still a baby and just put on 10 lbs of muscle this summer. He has nowhere to go but up.

Eddogg needs to get his s*** together.

Wings are better than ever IMO, and i intend to prove once again that Corey is the wrongman.