• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Walman6million

2023 Trade Deadline Thread

Rate this topic

Gotta think another move is coming, next to center RHD is probably the biggest organizational weakness we have. I don't see SY moving a righty with term (who is also an RFA when his contract expires) for the heck of it. Especially considering how bad our defense already is.

8 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Gotta think another move is coming, next to center RHD is probably the biggest organizational weakness we have. I don't see SY moving a righty with term (who is also an RFA when his contract expires) for the heck of it. Especially considering how bad our defense already is.

Its almost Klingberg o clock

2 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Nope. Ottawa 

I don't see that. We can beat any offer Ottawa makes, and they already have Chabot and Sanderson on the left side of their defense. Makes no sense for them. Buffalo too with Power and Samuelsson. And since Arizona has said they're not willing to take back salary there aren't too many other teams that A) have the cap space, and B) have the picks to acquire him.

Just now, kipwinger said:

I don't see that. We can beat any offer Ottawa makes, and they already have Chabot and Sanderson on the left side of their defense. Makes no sense for them. Buffalo too with Power and Samuelsson. And since Arizona has said they're not willing to take back salary there aren't too many other teams that A) have the cap space, and B) have the picks to acquire him.

It’s happened dude. Google

The only poop I can throw on the fire here is if NYI go on some improbably long playoff run. That would weaken the value of that 1st rounder. 

Yzerman needs to steal that Washington 1st from Dubas for Bertuzzi. 

Edited by The 91 of Ryans

28 minutes ago, Wings3:16 said:

That's funny as hell - this whole time everyone reporting on rumors were like "the Coyotes' ask is just way too damn high!!" then it turns out he's a 2nd rounder better than Hronek 

And their career statistics bear that out.

22 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

I was ready to give up Johansson, 2023 1st, and 2025 1st.  

Thank God you're not a GM.

So from the Datsyuk trade we essentially only got Hronek and cap relief. Hronek becomes a 1st and 2nd (minus a 4th).

Arizona got Chychrun and dead cap. Chychrun is now a 1st and two 2nds.

So we essentially spent one 2nd/3rdish pick to dump Datsyuk.

Too bad, it would actually probably look like we GAINED by dumping Datsyuk's contract if Holland hadn't drafted some loser from the BCHL named Cholowski. Oh and also he spent all the cap relief on Nielsen and Vanek.

2 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Yah,

Would suck to have Chychrun.  Wait ...

Dumping Hronek and using those picks to get Chickenrun would have been a lateral move. Worse than that even considering RHD vs LHD

Yzerman obviously wanted the picks. 

1 hour ago, town123 said:

So Stevie could have thrown in our 2nd rounder from the Blues and made this deal....argh

Flip + 2nd for Chickfila

We'll never know if that may have been on the table, until the Wings pulled a no-show for their two biggest games in recent memory.

Obviously our GM didn't appreciate the brainless PP giveaway by Hronek last night, wonder if he decked him in the locker room between periods?  Mickey was saying Hronek wasn't on the bench after the first period??  Between that weak penalty shot decision, the SHG that followed was the one that broke them on the spot.  Stunned they got a 1st and 2nd for him ...