• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Walman6million

2023 Trade Deadline Thread

Rate this topic

10 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

It's top 10 protected. And while I expect Boston to be worse next year, there's no way they're going to be bad enough to fall into the top ten. It's a really good pick. It'll probably land in the low 20s, unless Bergeron and Krejci retire and Pastrnak walks in free agency.

:lol:

Just now, mackel said:

I'm actually hoping both picks get punted in that case, in both cases the teams will be worse and the lotto is very much in play.

I'd be okay with that in the case of the Boston pick, but I'd rather we use the Islanders pick to move up and get a top center this year. If we can move up and take Carlsson or Fantilli and then pick three times in the 2nd round this could be the draft that essentially ends the rebuild.

Just now, The 91 of Ryans said:

:lol:

Dude. This is getting ridiculous haha.

1 minute ago, kipwinger said:

I'd be okay with that in the case of the Boston pick, but I'd rather we use the Islanders pick to move up and get a top center this year. If we can move up and take Carlsson or Fantilli and then pick three times in the 2nd round this could be the draft that essentially ends the rebuild.

Serious question. Do you really think any team will concede a top 2 - 4 pick for two picks in the 10 - 16 range (or whatever)? 

2 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Dude. This is getting ridiculous haha.

You should say something like "there's no way Yzerman gets a 1st in a Vrana/Zadina package" next

Just now, The 91 of Ryans said:

Serious question. Do you really think any team will concede a top 2 - 4 pick for two picks in the 10 - 16 range (or whatever)? 

In theory yes, but obviously there are tons of variables. The teams, the value of Detroit's picks, what we're willing to add. I'm using our two first rounders as a starting point. Obviously if it's a team that's just starting their rebuild (and therefore expecting to be bad for a while) having a bunch of high value picks might be worthwhile. It's hard to do, and rare, but we've got the picks to do it now.

47 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

That's Matthews/Marner like greed from my point of view...Boston isn't likely gonna have the $$$ for Bert this summer - that is if they want to keep him.

So ..hey Bert going to send you to Boston gain some playoff experience then lets talk in July....LOL 

1 hour ago, Walman6million said:

So looking ahead i guess we are going to be doing another shopping spree this summer?

So this team:

Vrana - Larkin - Raymond

Fabbri - Copp - Perron

Kubalik - Ras - Berggren

_______ - _____ - Zadina

RFA: Veleno

Walman - Seider

Maata - Chiarot

______ - ______

RFA: Lindstrom

Husso

_______

Will have $30 million to spend at UFA this summer. 

Edited by Walman6million

12 minutes ago, Walman6million said:

So this team:

Vrana - Larkin - Raymond

Fabbri - Copp - Perron

Kubalik - Ras - Berggren

_______ - _____ - Zadina

RFA: Veleno

Walman - Seider

Maata - Chiarot

______ - ______

RFA: Lindstrom

Husso

_______

Will have $30 million to spend at UFA this summer. 

But like on who? 

4 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

But like on who? 

I dont think Vrana sticks around. I think Veleno re-signs cheap. Prolly Lindstrom too for the warm body. And we prolly recall Eddogg and Sodastream.

So $31ish to spend on a backup G, a RHD, a center, and an extra winger.

3 minutes ago, Walman6million said:

I dont think Vrana sticks around. I think Veleno re-signs cheap. Prolly Lindstrom too for the warm body. And we prolly recall Eddogg and Sodastream.

So $31ish to spend on a backup G, a RHD, a center, and an extra winger.

I get it. Just saying the 2023 UFA market is depressing. I guess Yzerman just continues to sign Perron/Copp/Maatta types until he finally, miraculously, drafts a superstar? 

3 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

I get it. Just saying the 2023 UFA market is depressing. I guess Yzerman just continues to sign Perron/Copp/Maatta types until he finally, miraculously, drafts a superstar? 

Yeah that seems to be the plan at this point. Timeline just rolled back again. Gotta think losing a guy like Hronek with term means Stevie has his eye on an upgrade there. 

C: Monahan

RHD: Klingberg

W: Tatar and Namestnikov

G: Quick or Varlamov

4 minutes ago, Walman6million said:

Yeah that seems to be the plan at this point. Timeline just rolled back again. Gotta think losing a guy like Hronek with term means Stevie has his eye on an upgrade there. 

C: Monahan

RHD: Klingberg

W: Tatar and Namestnikov

G: Quick or Varlamov

Barf emoji

Also, not sure if you're trying to say Yzerman views Klingberg as an upgrade on Hronek........

Edited by The 91 of Ryans

15 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Dude, Klingberg himself is garbage. 

We need to save that cap space and make a huge swing for Matthews or another star player.   Maybe after another 1st round exit you could get Marner or someone from the leafs... sometimes you're better off not spending extra Cap.

41 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Dude, Klingberg himself is garbage. 

Radko Gudas it is then

23 minutes ago, mackel said:

We need to save that cap space and make a huge swing for Matthews or another star player.   Maybe after another 1st round exit you could get Marner or someone from the leafs... sometimes you're better off not spending extra Cap.

13 minutes ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

hold your money till the right time .....

buying a car to just buy a car

vs

waiting to get the car you REALLY want type scenario

SY will likely spend $20 mil again, and leave $10 mil around for flexibility. We dont have a money problem.