• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Walman6million

2023 Playoffs General Thread

Rate this topic

16 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Sooooo what’s Edmonton’s deal?

The exposing of modern day Ken Holland. Chris Illitch dodged a ******* bullet getting Yzerman back. 

Aso, they can't score 5v5 dealing with Kopitar and danault. 

Edited by marcaractac

16 hours ago, marcaractac said:

The exposing of modern day Ken Holland. Chris Illitch dodged a ******* bullet getting Yzerman back. 

Aso, they can't score 5v5 dealing with Kopitar and danault. 

THE KANGZ HAVE NOT EVEN BEGUN TO EXPERIENCE THE ULTIMATE FIREPOWER THAT IS EDMONTON

Number 8, 5 minutes for boarding, and a match penalty - game misconduct.  Number 8 is ejected.

Peter, your mic offm. shhh shhh.  Number 8 is Makar.  Remember.

Oh yah.  f***.

The following play is unded review.

After review, the call on the ice is changed to 2 min for boarding.

3 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Im watching the oil

Drew just wrecked a guy

think he wrecked some guy with two last names. Which means that guy comes from a *** family and deserved it. good on drew.

nvm it was foegle boooooooooooooooooo doughty matt tkachuk gettin hit by *****

I've been watching the EDM/LAK series and the lack of appreciation Draisaitl gets is almost criminal. A year ago in the playoffs Draisaitl finished with one fewer point than McDavid despite playing on a broken leg and all anyone talked about was how McDavid had 2pts per game in the playoffs. This year Draisaitl is massively outperforming McDavid and last night the coverage was entirely about McDavid's "quiet postseason" and absolutely nothing about how Draisaitl once again has 2pts per game, but also has more than goal per game. EDM isn't even in this series without Draisaitl and you'd be hard pressed to find a single media outlet that gives him more than a passing reference.

I'm starting to understand how Fedorov felt toward the end of his time in Detroit.

Edited by kipwinger

21 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

I've been watching the EDM/LAK series and the lack of appreciation Draisaitl gets is almost criminal. A year ago in the playoffs Draisaitl finished with one fewer point than McDavid despite playing on a broken leg and all anyone talked about was how McDavid had 2pts per game in the playoffs. This year Draisaitl is massively outperforming McDavid and last night the coverage was entirely about McDavid's "quiet postseason" and absolutely nothing about how Draisaitl once again has 2pts per game, but also has more than goal per game. EDM isn't even in this series without Draisaitl and you'd be hard pressed to find a single media outlet that gives him more than a passing reference.

I'm starting to understand how Fedorov felt toward the end of his time in Detroit.

Yeah hed be THE superstar on any other team. Unfortunately for him McD is a golden god and we must worship him as such (no sarcasm).

I like the way the Kings are built with Anze and Danault, but they are playing like poosy boys who already lost. Also the more I watch Doughty the more I dislike him. Such a whiny *****. 

2 minutes ago, Walman6million said:

Yeah hed be THE superstar on any other team. Unfortunately for him McD is a golden god and we must worship him as such (no sarcasm).

I like the way the Kings are built with Anze and Danault, but they are playing like poosy boys who already lost. Also the more I watch Doughty the more I dislike him. Such a whiny *****. 

LA looked really bad last night, but I generally thought they looked like the better team up to that point. You're right, they were super tentative last night but in games 3 and 4 they were super aggressive, fast, and skilled. They defended well too, obviously. My main complaint with their game is their carelessness with the puck. They turn it over A LOT.

I'm also a HUGE fan of Arvidsson and Fiala. I'm really hoping that Raymond and Berggren can continue to develop into those type offensive wingers. Watching them play really exposes how slow the Red Wings are. In theory both teams are built on strong defense and opportunistic scoring. But LA is SO much faster, both with respect to their personnel as well as their systems. When they get possession of the puck they're on the counter attack really fast and are always pushing the pace in transition. Detroit has a similar emphasis on defense but because our team is slow as sh*t Lalonde prefers they regroup and move up as a five man unit and it really hampers the few skill guys we have (Larkin excepted).

10 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

LA looked really bad last night, but I generally thought they looked like the better team up to that point. You're right, they were super tentative last night but in games 3 and 4 they were super aggressive, fast, and skilled. They defended well too, obviously. My main complaint with their game is their carelessness with the puck. They turn it over A LOT.

I'm also a HUGE fan of Arvidsson and Fiala. I'm really hoping that Raymond and Berggren can continue to develop into those type offensive wingers. Watching them play really exposes how slow the Red Wings are. In theory both teams are built on strong defense and opportunistic scoring. But LA is SO much faster, both with respect to their personnel as well as their systems. When they get possession of the puck they're on the counter attack really fast and are always pushing the pace in transition. Detroit has a similar emphasis on defense but because our team is slow as sh*t Lalonde prefers they regroup and move up as a five man unit and it really hampers the few skill guys we have (Larkin excepted).

Our forwards suck.  Thats all.  

? - ? - ?

Kasper - Larkin - Raymond

Berggren - Copp - Rasmussen

Soldeeblom - Veleno - Mazur

Fabbri/Zadina

We are missing a top line and cant get one because Bettman shoves us down the board every draft.

Walman - Seider

Edvinsson - ?

Johansson - ?

Wallinder

Missing 2 RHD as on now too.  Need to start playing OUR guys on D too.  Time to ditch the rentals.  Chiarot, Osterle, Haag, Pysyk.  These guys need to be gone.

Husso

Ned

Cossa

Net looks good.

So that's 3 huge holes to fill and 2 minor ones.  The Yzeeplan needs that next step where the plugs are removed and the draft picks start to gel.  

2 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Our forwards suck.  Thats all.  

? - ? - ?

Kasper - Larkin - Raymond

Berggren - Copp - Rasmussen

Soldeeblom - Veleno - Mazur

Fabbri/Zadina

We are missing a top line and cant get one because Bettman shoves us down the board every draft.

Walman - Seider

Edvinsson - ?

Johansson - ?

Wallinder

Missing 2 RHD as on now too.  Need to start playing OUR guys on D too.  Time to ditch the rentals.  Chiarot, Osterle, Haag, Pysyk.  These guys need to be gone.

Husso

Ned

Cossa

Net looks good.

So that's 3 huge holes to fill and 2 minor ones.  The Yzeeplan needs that next step where the plugs are removed and the draft picks start to gel.  

This is a pretty pessimistic take, but I imagine that was the point. Rather than debate with you over all the things I disagree with I'll focus on the part I do. It is important to figure out how to get young guys onto the roster as soon as they ready (too soon and you'll screw up their development), and to do that SY needs to ensure that roster spots are not being taken up by veterans on longer term deals. So ideally you wouldn't want to see him targeting too many more guys like Copp, Maatta, Chiarot, Perron, etc.

However, I'd caution that getting younger isn't really the panacea that some think it is. It takes a really long time for players to reach their ceilings AND for teams to come together. There are no Cup teams full of 25 year olds for a reason. Similarly, despite the fact that players tend to do most of their scoring when they're young, they tend to do most of their winning as they get older. We need to make sure there are spots for guys like Wallinder, Sodorblom, Mazur, etc. as soon as they're ready to play the minutes but with the full understanding that it takes every young player (even really good ones) a LONG time how to be great NHL players.

4 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

This is a pretty pessimistic take, but I imagine that was the point. Rather than debate with you over all the things I disagree with I'll focus on the part I do. It is important to figure out how to get young guys onto the roster as soon as they ready (too soon and you'll screw up their development), and to do that SY needs to ensure that roster spots are not being taken up by veterans on longer term deals. So ideally you wouldn't want to see him targeting too many more guys like Copp, Maatta, Chiarot, Perron, etc.

However, I'd caution that getting younger isn't really the panacea that some think it is. It takes a really long time for players to reach their ceilings AND for teams to come together. There are no Cup teams full of 25 year olds for a reason. Similarly, despite the fact that players tend to do most of their scoring when they're young, they tend to do most of their winning as they get older. We need to make sure there are spots for guys like Wallinder, Sodorblom, Mazur, etc. as soon as they're ready to play the minutes but with the full understanding that it takes every young player (even really good ones) a LONG time how to be great NHL players.

We actually need to start saving money this year. Seider, Rasmussen, and Raymond all need extensions for the season after. And we're probably talking about something between 15-20 million total for those x3. Thats a huge chunk of our cap. We can probably only afford to buy like 2 good players this offseason. 

31 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Id agree if the vets were Patrick Kane type vets.  Dominic Kubalik and David Perron type vets are just PLUGS.  Need to let the draft picks get their experience so they're the vets we want when we start making cup runs in 3-4 years.  Cant break in players for 10 years when you stink.  

And another thing - pessimism is just not being a homer.

Pick the top 5 players off any of our cup teams.

Then pick the next 5 best players.

Then compare them to our top 5 and the next 5.

We f u c k i n g suck still right now.  We need an entire top line.

Lidstrom - Seider

Datsyuk - Dont Have

Zetterberg - Larkin

Rafalski - Dont Have

Chelios - Dont Have

Draper - Copp

Kronwall - Edvinsson

Filppula - Dont Have

Hudler - Raymond

Drake - Rasmussen

You can see its a HUGE stretch to even say these 2023 guys are equals of the 2008 guys.  We need Bedard in a bad way.  We have to get some talent.