• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Walman6million

2023 Playoffs General Thread

Rate this topic

27 minutes ago, Dabura said:

The Panthers kinda remind me of the '97 Wings. Had a phenomenal regular season but got pantsed in the playoffs. Decided they needed an edge, brought in a premier power forward.

No. Panthers are not anywhere near as good as that team. If anything they're a better version of their 96 selves.

6 hours ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

Salt Lake City Maroons

Salt Lake City Witnesses

Salt Lake City Zealots

Bees are their minor league baseball team

Imagine going to a hockey game and they didn't serve beer.......why bother going

Salt Lake City Saints...

Minnesota Fighting Saints Primary Logo - World Hockey Association (WHA) -  Chris Creamer's Sports Logos Page - SportsLogos.Net

2 minutes ago, Axl Foley said:

I dont see it. Tkachuk is not Shanahan. And Bob is way better than Vernon.

Tkachuk is a lot more like his father - who ironically is also a Tkachuk .....

I'll see myself out.

4 minutes ago, Walman6million said:

lol typical. him being lost.

I understood the reference. I just disagreed since Shanahan put an already Cup contending team over the top. The pre-Tkachuk Panthers were nowhere near as good as the pre-Shanahan Wings. And adding Tkachuk does not close the distance between the 2 teams.

5 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

Salt Lake City Saints...

Minnesota Fighting Saints Primary Logo - World Hockey Association (WHA) -  Chris Creamer's Sports Logos Page - SportsLogos.Net

Tkachuk is a lot more like his father - who ironically is also a Tkachuk .....

I'll see myself out.

SLC is Mormon, Saints are a Catholic thing, my dude.

2 minutes ago, Axl Foley said:

I understood the reference. I just disagreed since Shanahan put an already Cup contending team over the top. The pre-Tkachuk Panthers were nowhere near as good as the pre-Shanahan Wings. And adding Tkachuk does not close the distance between the 2 teams.

I find 'Cup Contending' teams are more challenging to differentiate since the salary cap was implemented.

9 minutes ago, Axl Foley said:

I dont see it. Tkachuk is not Shanahan. And Bob is way better than Vernon.

Tkachuk put up 109 points this season.

Last season, he put up 104 points.

He's indisputably one of the best players in the league.

But the point is merely that Tkachuk's a premier power forward with bite to his game and so was Shanahan, and both the Wings and these Panthers felt they needed that kind of player.

Just now, Dabura said:

But the point is merely that Tkachuk's a premier power forward with bite to his game and so was Shanahan, and both the Wings and these Panthers felt they needed that kind of player.

At 1st I sorta 'lol' at your comparison, but then realized you're actually spot on (considering what Bowman - not Holland - sent in return for Shanny and how he elevated this franchise to the next level - like Tkachuk is doing with FLA).

4 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Except Shanny actually dropped the gloves instead of just being a little punk agitator. 

12 minutes ago, Axl Foley said:

SLC is Mormon, Saints are a Catholic thing, my dude.

Then how about the 'Salt Lake City Harem' since they allow multiple wives...

image.jpeg.46bc3b35d73276cc9667b6e831408606.jpeg

1 minute ago, Axl Foley said:

Except Shanny actually dropped the gloves instead of just being a little punk agitator. 

Are you insinuating gloves were not dropped ?

Just now, F.Michael said:

At 1st I sorta 'lol' at your comparison, but then realized you're actually spot on (considering what Bowman - not Holland - sent in return for Shanny and how he elevated this franchise to the next level - like Tkachuk is doing with FLA).

Yeah, I'm just talking really macro-level stuff. Soft team that wins the Presidents' Trophy gets crushed in the playoffs, decides to trade for a power forward, etc.

Fair point lol

1 minute ago, Dabura said:

Yeah, I'm just talking really macro-level stuff. Soft team that wins the Presidents' Trophy gets crushed in the playoffs, decides to trade for a power forward, etc.

Fair point lol

Au contraire mon frère...

20 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

Then how about the 'Salt Lake City Harem' since they allow multiple wives...

image.jpeg.46bc3b35d73276cc9667b6e831408606.jpeg

Mormon Church had to officially prohibit polygamy in order to get Utah statehood. They don't do that anymore. Although it would help with their recruiting I would think.

19 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

Au contraire mon frère...

Teenage Mouthy ***** Turtle

Mormon Church had to officially prohibit polygamy in order to get Utah statehood. They don't do that anymore. Although it would help with their recruiting I would think.

Damnit...I didn't get the memo...And just last week I was all prepared to move out there with 'mah ladies' in order to take advantage of the benefits...

Female Trouble Trio Dreamlanders Película Imágenes por Lizbeth | Imágenes  españoles imágenes

8 hours ago, F.Michael said:

Damnit...I didn't get the memo...And just last week I was all prepared to move out there with 'mah ladies' in order to take advantage of the benefits...

Female Trouble Trio Dreamlanders Película Imágenes por Lizbeth | Imágenes  españoles imágenes

things you can't unsee

14 hours ago, Walman6million said:

So Spencer Knight is in the PAP for being a silly billy drug addict. Does he get his name on the cup if Florida wins?

It would have to be a team petition. He doesnt qualify otherwise.