• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
bIueadams

Detroit Lions 2023 Thread

Rate this topic

F Mike Tirico saying there should be an asterisk next to the victory cause Jones and Kelce were out. How about the refs calling the tackle lined up deep and moving pre-snap to defend Hutchinson.

Need to see if there is a Wings game on a Saturday and Lions game on Sunday would make for a fun weekend in Motown.....

1 hour ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

F Mike Tirico saying there should be an asterisk next to the victory cause Jones and Kelce were out. How about the refs calling the tackle lined up deep and moving pre-snap to defend Hutchinson.

Need to see if there is a Wings game on a Saturday and Lions game on Sunday would make for a fun weekend in Motown.....

Injuries are part of the game. The Lions probably make the playoffs last season had they been healthy all year. If if if. This is why the games are played and championships are not won on paper. 

4 hours ago, Akakabuto said:

Playoff bound. 14-3. Lalonde wants to fondle MCDCs huge balls.

I would let Dan Campbell go goblinmode mode on my bussy. Maybe he should coach the Wings. 

3 hours ago, Akakabuto said:

Lalonde said theyre bringing him in to talk to the team after Lions season ends

Bringing him in to the supply closet to "talk" to him. Sure Derek. 

49 minutes ago, town123 said:

We gave you Dan Campbell.    Y'all argued whether he was a real coach or a cheerleader.   You are welcome.

Go Saints!    HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Yes we give the saints credit for teaching him the cheerleading part

57 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

weekend nfc north summary: bears suck as much as expected, vikings proves that them winning 11 close scoring games last season was just luck and packers about the same as last year(ie rodgers is overrated and ***)

We beat the champs. The torch has been passed. Our destiny has been foretold. DANIEL CAMPBELL SOUP WANTS TO EAT OUT OF A BOWL THAT IS SUPER. 

53 minutes ago, Axl Foley said:

Dolphins beat the SB Champ Patriots in the regular season quite regularly. Doesn't mean much.

Sorry the Colts suck dood

Edited by bIueadams

Jared Goff - underrated QB. Top guy who's going to carry the team to a championship? No. But not the complete mediocre level that most fans seem to wrongly perceive him as. He's a lot like Larkin - good, but not a superstar. He needs weapons around him to perform.

And the team gave him weapons...

St Brown is your #1 receiver, when Williams returns at game 6 he's your #2, and then Reynolds is a very underrated #3

Hockenson replaced with a giant athletic La Porta = another weapon. Blocks and catches well.

Gibbs has now show he can move like a Mafuqqa. I don't think Gibbs takes most of the carries though. The thing with Gibbs is you can use the threat of his presence alone because he's fast and versatile. Put him in the slot. Put him in motion. You force the defense to commit more assets to him and take pressure off the receivers. That's why Montgomery exists. He's the vet warrior who's going to actually pound that ball up the field most of the time.

Then, like it hasn't been said, the O-line is THICK with it.

If the defense can hang - we did add some draft picks and UFAs - this team is going to be good. And I don't think I've said that about the Lions since I was 12. Hoping I didn't get suckered into the classic Lion yearly hypebeast...

1 minute ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Agreed. If Holl and Chiarot can step up, I like their chances. 

The Chiarot - Petry pairing doesn't get talked about enough. You know it's coming, and it's gonna come sooner rather than later. Everyone's down on Chia because he and Mo didn't work out. But Chia and Petry have performed very well together before.

I also think Ghosbear may very well steal Walmans spot. Walman was a better partner for Seider than Chiarot, but he's not some Mo whisperer either. Instead of a gritty D oriented guy in Chiarot, and offensive guy like Ghostbear may be the answer. Walman at the end of the day is a very good defensive dman with a heavy shot. Thats someone we can easily return to the 3rd pairing with Mr. Holl.

Ghost - Mo
Chia - Petry
Walman - Holl
Maatta

Edogg sucks and will never make this team.