Sign in to follow this  
kipwinger

GDT: Red Wings @ Blue Jackets 7:00pm

Rate this topic

Debrincat - goal chad

Compher - 200 foot even better than I thought chad

Sprong - shooter n tank chad

GBear - smoooooooth smart chad

Kostin - “can’t make the playoffs with a bunch of soft players” HE ACTUALLY JUST SSID THIS POSTGSME !!!! chad

Holl - EFf U tronna yer stoupid chad

Reimer - highly flawed good backup chad

Lyon - to be chad-termined 

Petry - local cheap forgivable chad

Who the hellllll doubted the YzerCHAD!!!! 

3 minutes ago, bIueadams said:

It's gonna be mental when we start inserting Kasper/Mazur/Danny/Soder/Bergers/Lombardi

If they don’t all suck. Some gonna bust 

7 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Debrincat - goal chad

Kostin - “can’t make the playoffs with a bunch of soft players” HE ACTUALLY JUST SSID THIS POSTGSME !!!! chad

Kostin fighting made me smile

10 hours ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Debrincat - goal chad

I totally laughed my arse off when he said that then just looked at Trevor...like we are done now 

16 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

I gotta say, Veleno's pass on the Gostisbehere goal was a thing of beauty. That was a really heads up play. I'm really encouraged by Veleno dating back to the end of last season.

Yeah, he has looked good as of late. Maybe there is a 3C in him after all. 

18 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

Yeah, he has looked good as of late. Maybe there is a 3C in him after all. 

Wasn't that always the projection for him? I remember KRsmith always imagined him as a 2C but I think most folks around here figured he had 3C upside at his peak.

1 hour ago, kipwinger said:

Wasn't that always the projection for him? I remember KRsmith always imagined him as a 2C but I think most folks around here figured he had 3C upside at his peak.

He can still Riley Sheahan this boat

1 hour ago, kipwinger said:

Not a fan of wasting top 10 picks on third line centers

3 hours ago, kipwinger said:

I gotta say, Veleno's pass on the Gostisbehere goal was a thing of beauty. That was a really heads up play. I'm really encouraged by Veleno dating back to the end of last season.

Over the last 2 games, 2 things have stood out to me - Hedman rushing the puck as a center and turning a 2 on 2 into a 3 on 2, then stamkos one timing a no look feed from Hedman in the back of our net.  2nd, Gostisbehere turning a 2 on 2 into a 3 on 2 and one timing a good feed from Veleno into the back of the net.  Moral of the story - 4 BLAH defenseman (Chiarot, Holl, Petry, and Maata) that can't play transition hockey aren't helping us score goals.  I'm not saying there isn't a place in the NHL for a great stay at home defenseman.  I'm saying there isn't a place in the NHL for a BLAH stay at home defenseman.  And a team that chooses to ice 4 of them at the same time is REALLY stupid.  Edvinsson, Wallinder, ASP, and Johansson are all guys that can skate well and play from goalline to goalline.  Those kind of guys back off the opposition and create puck possession.  We're going to have a really fun team to watch when our GM starts trusting his own instincts instead of giving himself excuses to make if things don't go well.

2 hours ago, kipwinger said:

Veleno wasn't a top ten pick. Unless I'm misunderstanding you.

I'm talking about Kasper

Edit:  My mistake.  I thought you were talking about Kasper but it was Veleno

Edited by TLGTrico

1 minute ago, TLGTrico said:

Yeah I know.  Since Danielson and Kasper were both top 10 picks, we kind of need both of them to become so good that we have to move one to the wing.

Both, maybe.  Ammo is a stud, too.  Larkin/Compher/Copp/Rasmussen/Veleno/Danielson/Kasper/Lombardi.  We loook halfway decent down the middle depthwise.  We could use one more dynamic guy like Larkin.  Kasper appears to be a guy that's going to be "defensively responsible", so hopefully Danielson and/or Ammo make that leap to dynamic.

16 hours ago, kipwinger said:

Yeah, there were def a few 2C hopefuls, but most of us expected him to become a solid 3C/winger. 

23 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Most likely two of :

Lombardi

Kasper

Danielsson

are not going to meet expectations. That's just stats my babies. 

Wouldn't that entirely depend on the expectations? Or are you say two of three will not meet expectations regardless of what those expectations are?

3 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Wouldn't that entirely depend on the expectations? Or are you say two of three will not meet expectations regardless of what those expectations are?

Well let's break it down:

Lombardi playing in the NHL at all = expectations met

Kasper middle 6C with high end compete and championship caliber jam = expectations met

Danielsson playmaking 200 ft 2C = expectations met

These are observed expectations by me. Not what I expect. 

Odds are, only one of these guys makes it (relative to what I've outlined above)

1 minute ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Well let's break it down:

Lombardi playing in the NHL at all = expectations met

Kasper middle 6C with high end compete and championship caliber jam = expectations met

Danielsson playmaking 200 ft 2C = expectations met

These are observed expectations by me. Not what I expect. 

Odds are, only one of these guys makes it (relative to what I've outlined above)

I think those are fair, and I'll take the other side of the coin. I think all three of those guys do all three of those things. Just maybe not for our team. You've also failed to consider that players often outperform expectations as well. The range of outcomes you've listed above includes only "fail" and "meet" expectations.

47 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

I think those are fair, and I'll take the other side of the coin. I think all three of those guys do all three of those things. Just maybe not for our team. You've also failed to consider that players often outperform expectations as well. The range of outcomes you've listed above includes only "fail" and "meet" expectations.

Sure. 

nice to see D-son pick up a couple of points last night.