• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
bIueadams

2024 TDL Thread

Rate this topic

10 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Not sure if other people have mentioned this, but the Athletic is reporting that the Red Wings have shown "the most interest" in Pittsburgh's Bryan Rust.

Not really sure about the fit here. He's a good player, but he's a small, right shooting, 31 years old winger who's under contract for 4 more seasons at 5.1 million AAV.

I think I read yesterday that Rust was one of the Pens Dubas is refusing to move. Maybe SY called on him and Dubas refused? Theres a michigan connection with Rust

24 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Not sure if other people have mentioned this, but the Athletic is reporting that the Red Wings have shown "the most interest" in Pittsburgh's Bryan Rust.

Not really sure about the fit here. He's a good player, but he's a small, right shooting, 31 years old winger who's under contract for 4 more seasons at 5.1 million AAV.

I thought I saw somewhere that Dubas told Rust that he is 100% not being traded. No idea why that would be tbh. 

12 minutes ago, Troy McClure said:

I think I read yesterday that Rust was one of the Pens Dubas is refusing to move. Maybe SY called on him and Dubas refused? Theres a michigan connection with Rust

exactly

Edited by The 91 of Ryans

3 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

I thought I saw somewhere that Dubas told Rust that he is 100% not being traded. No idea why that would be tbh. 

exactly

I don't see how Dubas could trade him without A) retaining significant salary, or B) sweetening the pot with picks. His contract is horrendous.

7 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

I don't see how Dubas could trade him without A) retaining significant salary, or B) sweetening the pot with picks. His contract is horrendous.

Because Dubas plays 5 level chess ...with himself...

The same articles states that Dubas has made clear he wants "premium prospects" (rather than picks) in any trades. LOL

I bet he does.

Dubas: Hello fellow GMs, just letting you all know the Pittsburgh Penguins are open for business and ready to make the most of the trade deadline. Just a reminder, I'm only really interested in the best prospects you have in your farm systems.

GMs: Okaaaay, well what do YOU have to trade.

Dubas: Well I've got injured forty goal scorer Jake Guentzel on an expiring contract.

GMs: ....crickets...

Dubas: Oh...um...not your flavor huh? You'd prefer someone with term eh? How about 33 year old former All-star Erik Karlsson? He's got term. Three more seasons...cough...at $11.5 million dollars...cough cough.

GMs:....

Dubas: Alright, no takers eh? Well surely you'd be willing to trade your premium prospects for Marcus Pettersson right? He's young, has term and a manageable cap hit, and he on pace to have a career best season with 30...uhhhh...30 points. Definitely worth one of your top guys no?

GMs: Look, I could use a little scoring and I'm feeling charitable. What would you take for Rust. I mean, he's injured and under contract until he's 40, but I'd like to win a Cup this year.

Dubas: He's not for sale.

GMs:...

12 minutes ago, Troy McClure said:

Seravalli says canes are granting DeAngelo a change of scenery. Asking price of a 5th with 50% salary retained.

You want a cheap option, there it is.

Cheap option to do what? The job Shayne Gostisbehere is already doing perfectly well? We need guys than can defend.

5 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

What do you all think about the rumblings out there about Detroit having some interest in Mittlestadt?

Casey Mid-lestadt does not move the needle much.

7 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Cheap option to do what? The job Shayne Gostisbehere is already doing perfectly well? We need guys than can defend.

The return for Ghost would be way more than a 5th. You could get a good haul for him, then give up a 5th for DeAngelo. Seems like a good way to be buyers and sellers and still end up ahead.

4 minutes ago, Axl Foley said:

Casey Mid-lestadt does not move the needle much.

The return for Ghost would be way more than a 5th. You could get a good haul for him, then give up a 5th for DeAngelo. Seems like a good way to be buyers and sellers and still end up ahead.

Way more? Didn't Gost get traded last season for a 3rd?

1 hour ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

exactly

Source or it never happened. Nine's rule.

Just now, kipwinger said:

Way more? Didn't Gost get traded last season for a 3rd?

He would get at least a 2nd this TDL.

2 hours ago, kipwinger said:

ewwww

I hadn't heard Casey Mittelstadt to Detroit rumors. Full disclosure I've always been a Mittelstadt guy so take what I say with a grain of salt...but...I like the idea. I watch a lot of Sabres games and I think he's really changed his game a lot. He plays hard and can be chippy. He's also a pretty solid two-way guy now. He's about to have a 60+ point season with Okposo and Skinner as his wingers. Give him some combinations of Kane, Dcat, and Raymond to play with that I really like what he could do.

Larkin, Compher, Mittelstadt, and Veleno would be pretty solid center depth and you'd have two guys that can generate offense and two guys that can check. I'm here for it.

2 hours ago, Troy McClure said:

Okay now HERES the trade:

To DET: Will Borgen

To SEA: Berggren + 3rd

Borgen is a 6'3" RHD that plays 4th spot for Seattle, 2nd unit PK, is 27, and locked up for another year at $2.7. Hes on pace for 30 pts with no PP time this year.

Ive been a fan of this kid since his time in Buffalo. He could be really good for us here.

Sell Holl to someone for a 7th and:

Walman - Seider

Chiarot - Borgen

Ghost - Petry

Maata

It is with a heavy heart that I admit, and announce... the superstars are it again

Ghost/Petry = 10 goals against

7 minutes ago, Axl Foley said:

Source or it never happened. Nine's rule.

He would get at least a 2nd this TDL.

ewwww

Why would he get more this year? And why do you think Deangelo would only require a 5th?

Edited by kipwinger

20 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Why would he get more this year? And why do you think Deangelo would only require a 5th?

Seravalli reporting canes asking price is 5th with 50% salary retained

1 hour ago, kipwinger said:

His offensive numbers are better this season with less TOI. A 0.65 P/GP Dman is worth at least a 2nd.

Edited by Axl Foley

Just now, Axl Foley said:

His offensive numbers are better this season with less TOI.

So you're suggesting a playoff team trade a better player for a worse one and upgrade a 5th round pick to a 2nd? I guess, but why bother?

26 minutes ago, Troy McClure said:

Ask for Guenztel is now apparently 1st + young NHLer + prospects... with wiggle depending on the quality of players offered. Pens want the deal done by tmrw night.

I'm online right now screwing with Pens fans and it's amazing how delusional they are. They have no picks, no prospects, few tradable assets, and a team that's old, expensive, and getting worse.

You wouldn't believe how many of them DON'T think the team should be rebuilding because...wait for it...analytics. LOL

18 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

I'm online right now screwing with Pens fans and it's amazing how delusional they are. They have no picks, no prospects, few tradable assets, and a team that's old, expensive, and getting worse.

You wouldn't believe how many of them DON'T think the team should be rebuilding because...wait for it...analytics. LOL

So theyre the 2013 Red Wings?

Johnston reporting that the Canucks are one of the teams in on Guenztel... and theyre potentially going to flip Elias Linholm - who they just acquired like a month ago - to the bruins to make it happen.

Im loving the unhinged Allvin Canucks era

Lindholm has 6 pts in 14 games since joining the nucks

3 hours ago, kipwinger said:

Isn't D'Angelo a complete ass hat?  I can't see having him and Ghost, and I 100% wouldn't take him over Ghost either

7 minutes ago, 13dangledangle said:

Isn't D'Angelo a complete ass hat?  I can't see having him and Ghost, and I 100% wouldn't take him over Ghost either

I mean he's such an asshat that Carolina brought him back for a 2nd stint...I think he's reigned it in in the last few years.

Problem with TDA is he literally cant defend