KANE!!!!! _GDT vs Sharks_2023-12-7_8:00 AST

Rate this topic

7 hours ago, Troy McClure said:

Here's what I'd like to see next game:

Ras - Compher - Kane
Fabbri - Copp - Perron
Sprong - Larkin - Raymond
Kostin - Veleno - Fischer

And the demotions will continue until consistency improves.

This isn't a cup season for us - this is a learning season. Learn them. Break them. Make sure that playing AN ENTIRE 60 minutes is the goal or you get shot out of a cannon to another team.

Why you failing here, dude?  We scored 5 goals.  The defense and goalie gave up 6.  Thats a defensemen and goalie problem.  Not a forward lines proble..

I saw several coaching failures last night:

1. Up 4-0 and still going with 4 F - 1D on that disaster PP that lead to basically three shorties

2. Starting Walman on D in OT. He had a bad game last night in regulation and then made a shyte pass into Raymond's feet in OT which lead to the winner. 

3. Not playing the 4th line more

14 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

I saw several coaching failures last night:

1. Up 4-0 and still going with 4 F - 1D on that disaster PP that lead to basically three shorties

2. Starting Walman on D in OT. He had a bad game last night in regulation and then made a shyte pass into Raymond's feet in OT which lead to the winner. 

3. Not playing the 4th line more

I understand last season was Lalonde's 1st as a head coach so I gave him a pass...This season though there appears to be similar issues regarding lack of preparation and execution...In laymans terms - this team has periods where they look lost and it's costing them.

You'd think a guy like Yzerman who won under Bowman would want someone who's more capable behind the bench.

Our coaching staff is trying to will Husso into being "that guy"...and I just don't see it.  They are going to need to readjust their expectations on him.  Yes, he plays above average at moments, but then has these breakdowns where he gives up really soft goals...like awful goals.  He totally lacks consistency.  Our D and back-checking is a weakness as well...for the life of them they can't seem to cover the trailing guy on rushes/odd man rushes.  I've witnessed this at least 5+ times this season.  Our D has numbers and both our D commit to taking away the cross ice pass to the other forward...and they drop pass to trailing forward that is all alone, not covered, free and clear for a quality shot. Frustrating.  

12 hours ago, Troy McClure said:

Disagreed. Our D is not Shyte. SY has done a very good job with this. However their are some OBVIOUS adjustments Derek could make that he refuses to.

Ghost - Seider --- ghost has been tremendous nut Derek wont break apart the 1st pair (just like last year)
Walman - Holl --- walman has become a pillar, spreading him out aids us but derek wont do it
Maata - Chiarot

From Khan 2day LOL

All seven D rotating but mostly:

Gostisbehere-Seider

Chiarot-Petry

Walman/Maatta-Holl

All three goalies practicing.