• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Y19

1/19 GDT - Wings @ Hurricanes (7:00 PM EST)

Rate this topic

On 1/19/2024 at 8:55 PM, Troy McClure said:

I'm enjoying Ozzies Hockey Shack!

I thought the Shack thing was a lot of fun. I watch a ton of non-Red Wings games and their broadcasting crews aren't a tenth as entertaining as our guys. The shack was fun because they were all drunk and goofing off, but they do things like this all the time on the broadcast. They're always ribbing each other or talking trash. It's cool that whomever produces Red Wings tv really leans into the fun of it.

4 hours ago, kipwinger said:

I thought the Shack thing was a lot of fun.

"Alot of fun"? No. Hokey? Yes. It was a nice change of pace though. Doesn't really move the needle for me either way at the end of the day. But I can appreciate that they try to do new fun thngs with the broadcast.

I watch a ton of non-Red Wings games and their broadcasting crews aren't a tenth as entertaining as our guys.

We are the powerhouse of broadcast teams. It's hardly even close.

The shack was fun because they were all drunk

But were they? lol

They're always ribbing each other or talking trash. It's cool that whomever produces Red Wings tv really leans into the fun of it.

IDK about "talking trash" but yes, the broadcast has always been full of light-ribbing. It's nice, because it makes it feel like they are all friends and you're just hanging talking hockey with the boys.

I still have to do my one misogynistic deed of the day for today, so here it is: PLEASE NEVER introduce a woman to the dynamic. I love Carley, I respect Daniella, and they are both powerful red wings queen voices, but they are perfect where they are in their lanes. The shack is for the boys. Mickey, Keats, Kenny, and Ozzy. No grils allowed.