• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
YoungGuns1340

Eklund: Shanahan expected to sign 2 years/9.8 Million

Rate this topic

Good luck, Shanny. I won't begrudge you for being able to weasel the B's out of so much cash (even if you did say that you wanted to retire a Wing). Looks like I'll be watching more Bruins hockey this coming season. Time to find me a cheap Bruins jersey. :P

People have scanned the Herald and haven't found this bit of info...

I noticed that too, after scanning through the comments on HTR. Methinks we'll have to call shenanigans on this one.

I hope its true. Its time to change the makeup of this team and Holland won't stop wringing his hands sitting by the phone, waiting for Shanny's call, until he is off the market.

Edited by anakin

I'm glad that Shanny will be moving on and that Boston will yet again overpay an ex-Wing. I thought they'd learn their lesson from Lapointe, but I guess not. I think if indeed this is true, Ken's gonna have to pull some sort of deal to compensate for depth at forward. Things are looking very thin and with the likes of Hudler or Filppula, the depth isn't going to get much better.

wow all that wasted money , how sad ..........selanne played better then him and is making 1+ million less then him

thank god we didnt waste that 4 million on him ...........maybe we can fit a isbister/lindros/bullis for just over what we were willing to spend on shanny lol

anyways whatever happens now kenny officially knows shanny is gone and can get a move on and get someone

Edited by wingsfan27

I'll miss Shanny, but mostly I'll miss that's it's not 1996-2006 anymore. It's time to make some changes and build for our next run at the Cup.

IF Shanny signs elsewhere, I'll wish him all the best, thanks for the memories and 3 Cups, he was one of my favorites, and it was a blast having him here.

Today on Toronto's FAN590 they were talking about Toronto putting in a bid for Shanny, and a lot of callers were for it. I don't think anyone in Toronto was expecting 2 years/9.8 Million. They were saying the Leafs should offer him $2.5 Million/year. I guess they didn't know we offered him $4 Million.

Edited by Barrie

Vanik to Tampa (e3)

Eklund // HockeyBuzz.com

Today @ 4:03 PM ET :: Comments (9)

details to come

is eklund talking about rookie thomas VANEK from buffalo ??? lol why would buffalo trade one of their top up and coming players to tb...makes no sense

Today on Toronto's FAN590 they were talking about Toronto putting in a bid for Shanny, and a lot of callers were for it. I don't think anyone in Toronto was expecting 2 years/9.8 Million. They were saying the Leafs should offer him $2.5 Million/year. I guess they didn't know we offered him $4 Million.

Heh. I don't think Shanny's ready to do his swansong "No one else will sign you but Toronto cuz you should have retired a season or two ago" farewell tour. He'll either retire a Red Wing in another couple of seasons, or jump ship now and then do a farewell GBCW Toronto year in the 2008-2009 season.

P.S. I don't live in Toronto - is it true that FAN590 claims that Toronto is going to sign every free agent - especially guys originally from Toronto - every year?

I was ready to go on a rampage when i seen the title of this thread...thinking it was about the Wings signing him, thank god it was about Boston!

umm are you sure that wasn't Lapointe that was weaseling huge money out of the B's??? oh, wait, this is 2006....

...... oh yea, one more thing.... Eklund is an idiot, don't trust anything he says.

The funny thing is boston spending all this money on players not worth the cash

Chara OVERPAID

Shannahan will be OVERPAID

LOL This is the team that signed leetch for 4 million and didnt he get hurt 20 games into the season?

And starting netminder Thomas will probably have a crappy year , good luck Boston....