• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
betterREDthandead

2007 Baseball Season

Rate this topic

Pitchers and catchers report (BEST FOUR WORDS IN THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE) tomorrow, so the offseason isn't technically over til then, but whatever. I'm not waiting. I'm ready for another Tigers season. It's baseball time! WHEEEEEE!!!!

To kick things off, Da Meat Hook will be in Washington's camp this year; he just yesterday (or today) signed a minor league deal with the Nats. I hope he makes their team.

I think this is what the 25-man will look like coming out of camp this year:

C - Pudge Rodriguez

1B - Sean Casey

2B - Placido Polanco

3B - Brandon Inge

SS - Carlos Guillen

LF - Craig Monroe

CF - Curtis Granderson

RF - Magglio Ordonez

DH - Gary Sheffield

Bench - Omar Infante

Bench - Marcus Thames

Bench - Vance Wilson

Bench - Neifi Perez

SP - Justin Verlander

SP - Jeremy Bonderman

SP - Mike Maroth

SP - Nate Robertson

SP - Kenny Rogers

RP - Jose Mesa

RP - Joel Zumaya

RP - Todd Jones

RP - Wilfredo Ledezma

RP - Eduardo Campusano

RP - Fernando Rodney

RP - Jason Grilli

I dunno where that leaves Zach Miner, unfortunately, but Campusano is a Rule 5'er, so unless he's a complete bomb, he'll stay. Anyway Miner isn't competing with Campusano, since they throw from opposite sides.

I cant tell you how much im looking forward to the baseball video games to come out in a few weeks! I'll finally be able to control a good team for a change :)

I cant tell you how much im looking forward to the baseball video games to come out in a few weeks! I'll finally be able to control a good team for a change :)

Haha, exactly...I wont have to trade half the roster this time. Actually I dont trade a lot of people, I just add myself to the team...and I exaggerate slightly with my baseball skills.

Haha, exactly...I wont have to trade half the roster this time. Actually I dont trade a lot of people, I just add myself to the team...and I exaggerate slightly with my baseball skills.

I always play the team as is like the real one...then end up quitting after 40 or 50 games cause my team sucks :lol:

AL Central will be a beast. Defending division champions Minnesota Twins, recent world series winner Chicago White Sox, the Indians have talent and defending al champions Detroit Tigers. Hopefully the Tigers will be able to hold on and finish first this time. Imagine last years powerful hitting team and add a veteran big bat in Sheffield. A combination of young studs and gritty veteran pitchers will once again fusterate opponents. Then for the future you add top prospects Maybin and Andrew Miller. I am looking forward tot his year as well as years to come.

Do you know which game your going to get? I used to get the ea sports games but now since they have a college game...gotta get something new. I am leaning towards getting the MLB 2K7 game. I got the 2K6 game last year and still play it. That game is awesome.

Do you know which game your going to get? I used to get the ea sports games but now since they have a college game...gotta get something new. I am leaning towards getting the MLB 2K7 game. I got the 2K6 game last year and still play it. That game is awesome.

Assuming we're talkin' PS2, im 95% sure i'll be getting the Sony version, MLB 07 The Show. That was recognized by most as the best one for PS2 last year. I had 2k5 two years ago and although there were things i liked about it, i came across a ton of glitches and problems. An insane number of wild pitches, minor league stats not accumulating, injuries glitches, etc. I didnt even play last years version because of it. I'm gonna check out reviews for both though before i make the final decision!

I know the Tigers are in Lakeland right now, but I honestly can't get really excited until the Wings season is over. The Wings are my baby. They get my full attention until they've played their last game, then it's on to the Tigers. Plus, the NBA playoffs are coming up.

With all the snow we're getting in Northern Michigan and Southern Ontario, it's tough to think Baseball.

Baseball actually is my favorite sport, but the Wings are my favorite Detroit team. Figure that one out :blink:.

I still want Andrew Miller in there at #5 over Maroth...i know its unlikely but i hope he continues to be very impressive this spring.

Sorry for breaking off into video games here, but timothy do not get 2k7! It really sounds bad and unrealistic. 62 players on the game are rated 100, Michael Barrett's a 96, and the game is supposed to have a TON of bugs and glitches. Some things never change! The Show is supposed to be good.

I don't see any point in rushing Miller to the bigs. The Tigers finally have the luxery of A) having good prospects and B) having a good enough club at the big league level where they can develop the prospects. Start Miller in Lakeland, move him up to Eire or Toledo depending on how the season goes, and give him a September call up in needed.

Oh, I'm exited! This is the most I've been exited for the upcoming Tigers season since... ever! Considering I was born in 1983, I wasn't really following baseball when I was 1. :lol:

AL Central looks really tough so far. The Sox only barely missed last year, and were pretty good other than that. Division winner Minnesota looks pretty good too, so the Tigers better come ready! Not sure about the Indians or Royals, since they were pretty bad last season.

Oh well, I'm getting really anxious now! Go Tigers!

I don't see any point in rushing Miller to the bigs. The Tigers finally have the luxery of A) having good prospects and B) having a good enough club at the big league level where they can develop the prospects. Start Miller in Lakeland, move him up to Eire or Toledo depending on how the season goes, and give him a September call up in needed.

Yes, BUT, if what Leyland said this year and last holds true and he goes with the best talent regardless of experience, what if Miller is lights out all spring and Maroth is so-so?

Yes, BUT, if what Leyland said this year and last holds true and he goes with the best talent regardless of experience, what if Miller is lights out all spring and Maroth is so-so?

Leyland knows what Maroth can do, and if he has a so-so spring, it won't be indicative of his talent.

Sorry for breaking off into video games here, but timothy do not get 2k7! It really sounds bad and unrealistic. 62 players on the game are rated 100, Michael Barrett's a 96, and the game is supposed to have a TON of bugs and glitches. Some things never change! The Show is supposed to be good.

Thanks for the feedback guys. Never played the show series but going to give it a try this year since most people on here agree that it is better than the 2k series.

Oh, I'm exited! This is the most I've been exited for the upcoming Tigers season since... ever! Considering I was born in 1983, I wasn't really following baseball when I was 1. :lol:

AL Central looks really tough so far. The Sox only barely missed last year, and were pretty good other than that. Division winner Minnesota looks pretty good too, so the Tigers better come ready! Not sure about the Indians or Royals, since they were pretty bad last season.

Oh well, I'm getting really anxious now! Go Tigers!

I am excited just to see the tigers on tv monday against the yankees in spring training. I have NEVER been that excited to see a spring training game ever.

I agree. The AL Central looks tough. Maybe I am being realistic but I have made my predictions for the AL Central this year.

#1 Chicago

#2 Minnesota

#3 Detroit

#4 Cleveland

#5 Kansas City

I know this means that the Tigers wont make the playoffs but I just dont see how some players that had career years last year can match it again this season.

That being said, I am still rooting for the Tigers to win it all and will definately be going to a handful of games this year.

I agree. The AL Central looks tough. Maybe I am being realistic but I have made my predictions for the AL Central this year.

#1 Chicago

#2 Minnesota

#3 Detroit

#4 Cleveland

#5 Kansas City

I know this means that the Tigers wont make the playoffs but I just dont see how some players that had career years last year can match it again this season.

That being said, I am still rooting for the Tigers to win it all and will definately be going to a handful of games this year.

Minnesota isn't finishing any higher than third. Not with Liriano out for the whole year with shoulder surgery. Radke's gone too - they've got too many holes in the rotation to keep up in a division like this.

I really don't think there were too many Tigers that had what could be considered career years, at least not in the lineup. What we got out of Maggs, Inge, Pudge, Guillen, etc. is about what we should expect. Add Sheffield to the lineup and expect that Granderson will cut down on the K's, and things should be OK there. What I would worry the most about is Verlander - second-year pitchers like him almost always suffer a setback. Prime candidate for a sophomore slump. That said, there's no reason to expect that Kenny, Bonderman, Maroth, and Robertson should have similar drop offs, and the rotation will be as strong as ever. Still a nasty bullpen, too.

I think Chicago, Cleveland, and Detroit will be the three-horse race for the division title. The Twinkies just won't be able to keep up. Their model of success was always kind of based on the fact that they played in a weak division. A return to the playoffs ought to be in the cards for the Tigs. No guarantees, of course - not with Boston and New York still looming large, and Toronto, Oakland, and Anaheim looking tough as usual.

Maybe you guys are right on Miller, patience is not my best virtue! I'm only saying keep him up and trade Maroth though if his ERA was down in the 1's or something this spring and he was killin' everybody. I just dont believe it should be an open and shut case that he's minor bound just cause he's never played there.

Not a believer in Cleveland..they just dont have the pitching. Pitching wins! I also think this will be a step back year for Minnesota with Liriano being out. Detroit and Chicago will be battling all year.

to me, Minnesota just finds a way every year to be competitive. They won the divison last year and had the AL MVP on their team still. Oh and probably have the best pitcher in the game in Johan Santana. Yes Liranio hurts them as well as Radke but these are the twins. They WILL find a way.

to me, Minnesota just finds a way every year to be competitive. They won the divison last year and had the AL MVP on their team still. Oh and probably have the best pitcher in the game in Johan Santana. Yes Liranio hurts them as well as Radke but these are the twins. They WILL find a way.

True...its not like it'd be surprising if someone like Matt Garza ends up lighting it up.