• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
betterREDthandead

2007 Baseball Season

Rate this topic

Mr. April is having the greatest April in baseball history, and what have the Yankees done with it: 8-11, good for LAST PLACE in the east. If A-Rod keeps up his current pace (.385, 119 HRs, 290 RBI) and the Yankees still don't make the playoffs, will Yankees fans still find a way to blame it on A-Rod?

Mr. April is having the greatest April in baseball history, and what have the Yankees done with it: 8-11, good for LAST PLACE in the east. If A-Rod keeps up his current pace (.385, 119 HRs, 290 RBI) and the Yankees still don't make the playoffs, will Yankees fans still find a way to blame it on A-Rod?

:( Sadly they probable will. If the world was coming to an end they would still find a way to blame him. <_<

Speaking of Rod Allen,

In the game last week Mario mentioned that Monroe's middle name was Keystone. To this Rod replied "It's also popular for those of you who like to do 12 ounce curls."

And I'm watching the game right now, and they made a comment about one of the guys on the Sox. Brian Anderson when he was a rookie and scored his first homerun and came back to the dugout, all the rest of the players gave him the silent treatment. So Anderson just took a seat quietly on the bench.

Moving a thread about baseball into the already exisiting thread dedicated to baseball is weak?

OK...

This is clearly a stand-alone topic. Are we only supposed to have one thread per sport in here?

You've got to think they would. Yankee's fans always seem to lay out the belts for A-Rod. I've got to wonder why too. With so many other overpaid players who don't pull their weight on that team, you'd think at this point he'd have some leverage. But no, he doesn't.

Panic really sets into place when the Yankees don't make the playoffs. If they don't, they should bring George Constanza to be assistant GM. They can do no worse! :P

You've got to think they would. Yankee's fans always seem to lay out the belts for A-Rod. I've got to wonder why too. With so many other overpaid players who don't pull their weight on that team, you'd think at this point he'd have some leverage. But no, he doesn't.

I love it when yankees fans cite A-Rod's salary as the cause of their disdain: "For $25 million, we expect more of him." But here's the thing: does anybody honestly believe that A-Rod's contract is stopping The Boss from spending money on any other part of that team? They essentially have a limitless purse to work with. Their owner will spare no expense. I think he just forgot that pitching, not hitting, was the biggest reason they ran the late 90s.

But hey, if they wanna trade A-Rod for Inge, Cashman knows Dombrowski's number.

Edited by aarond

I love it when yankees fans cite A-Rod's salary as the cause of their disdain: "For $25 million, we expect more of him." But here's the thing: does anybody honestly believe that A-Rod's contract is stopping The Boss from spending money on any other part of that team? They essentially have a limitless purse to work with. Their owner will spare no expense. I think he just forgot that pitching, not hitting, was the biggest reason they ran the late 90s.

But hey, if they wanna trade A-Rod for Inge, Cashman knows Dombrowski's number.

Exactly. When has a $25 million dollar salary actually stopped the Yankees from still spending money? They've had guys that have actually made more, and they've still managed.

Didn't watch the Tigers today, but I heard they got whipped 11-3. Anyone who did watch the game, care to fill me in on what went wrong?

Edited by Kp-Wings

I didnt see it either, I had the draft on for basically 10 hours yesterday, flipping over periodically only for the hockey game. I certainly got my yearly dose of Kiper.

You know, i hate to say it but i think its over already! Zumaya struggling, the entire bullpen sucks...im really getting that post World Series hangover vibe from this team. Like what happened to Carolina and Edmonton in hockey. Not feeling the magic! They need to call some guys up or something...this team needs a spark in the form of some new young blood. Call up Cameron Maybin right now, and Dallas Trahern too. Sit Monroe.

Huge win today. Hopefully this helps Inge get on track.

I'm happy we won, but even happier how we did it. The game was won because 1-9, we had great ABs, making Santana work for every out. He had to throw close to 120 pitches to get through only 6 innings.

Also, the bullpen finally came through in a close game. THANK THE HEAVENS!

I didnt see it either, I had the draft on for basically 10 hours yesterday, flipping over periodically only for the hockey game. I certainly got my yearly dose of Kiper.

You know, i hate to say it but i think its over already! Zumaya struggling, the entire bullpen sucks...im really getting that post World Series hangover vibe from this team. Like what happened to Carolina and Edmonton in hockey. Not feeling the magic! They need to call some guys up or something...this team needs a spark in the form of some new young blood. Call up Cameron Maybin right now, and Dallas Trahern too. Sit Monroe.

Good God man. We're not even out of April and you already writing an obituary? They haven't played very well at all so far this season and they are still on pace for about 89 wins. They're going to play better eventually. They're going to start hitting, and you know they're going to do a better job of holding onto leads than they've done so far.

I guess it's not just a Red Wings fan thing. It looks like it's a Detroit fan thing. Maybe it's because Detroiters are just used to bad things happening to them that they automatically assume the worst the second some adversity rears its head. Who knows?

Sit Monroe.

Sometimes you compare Monroe to Josh Langfeld or something. He's not as useless as you think. While he certainly is not my favorite Detroit Tiger, what would sitting him really do?

They won today, but I again missed the game due to being busy. Oh well, considering they won I trust it was a good effort. That, and Rodney didn't blow it again. :P

Edited by Kp-Wings

Good God man. We're not even out of April and you already writing an obituary? They haven't played very well at all so far this season and they are still on pace for about 89 wins. They're going to play better eventually. They're going to start hitting, and you know they're going to do a better job of holding onto leads than they've done so far.

I guess it's not just a Red Wings fan thing. It looks like it's a Detroit fan thing. Maybe it's because Detroiters are just used to bad things happening to them that they automatically assume the worst the second some adversity rears its head. Who knows?

Im certainly not abandoning the team if that was the impression you got, im as die hard as it gets. Although we didnt win it all last year, i just have a feeling now after a watching a month that our fate will inevitably follow the path of the 06 White Sox. If things continue like this next month, they need to do something to get the mojo back...cause theres definitely something missing so far.

Sometimes you compare Monroe to Josh Langfeld or something. He's not as useless as you think. While he certainly is not my favorite Detroit Tiger, what would sitting him really do?

They won today, but I again missed the game due to being busy. Oh well, considering they won I trust it was a good effort. That, and Rodney didn't blow it again. :P

Never said he was useless like Langfeld. Corner outfield is a position where if someone's not playing well a change can easily be made. Its not a position of premium like SS. Monroe is ok but he's horribly inconsistent, i think we got everything we could out of him and now with another power righty in the lineup (well, whats SUPPOSED to be a power righty) in Sheffield, his time is nearing an end. He's guaranteed not to be here next year, he signed a 1 year deal i believe and Maybin is his replacement. So there's no need to be loyal to Monroe and keep riding it out if he continues to struggle.

they need to do something to get the mojo back...cause theres definitely something missing so far.

It might involve getting Rogers back as soon as possible. I saw this article today on MLive. Apparently Kenny has added Zumaya to the list of guys he's mentoriing...

http://blog.mlive.com/cutoffman/2007/04/re...lps_zumaya.html

It's unbelievable how much he means to the pitching staff. Last year a week didn't go by without someone crediting him for turning something around in their game. Also, every time they pan to the dugout, there's a bunch of guys huddled around him picking his brain.

I can't remember a more important player from a mentoring standpoint than Rogers.

Edited by Airborn

THe Tigers are going to be fine. They haven't had their "Mojo" and they're still on pace for almost 90 wins. You know they're going to play better than this at some point. They'll hit better, they'll hold leads better, and they're going to get a boost to their starting pitching in the second half when Roaster returns. If this is how they play without their "Mojo," then they'll be the best team in baseball with their Mojo.

Edited by aarond

Some nastiness brewing tonight.

Tejada overeacts to a couple inside pitches, causing the benches to cleared, but no punches are thrown. The funniest part to this was Zumaya. He came charging out of the bullpen like someone had just kicked his grandma down a flight of steps. You know it's bad when Rod Allen thinks you need to settle down!

Also, I loved how Sheff took his medicine when Cabrerra plunked him (clearly on purpose). Then in his next AB, drilled a 2-run homer.