• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
VladyIBELIEVE16

OFFICIAL: Forsberg traded to Predators

Rate this topic

Guest Crymson

That's pretty much Filppula, Kindl, a 1st and a 3rd. WAY too much for Pete at this stage of his career.

AGREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Did Nashville sell their souls for Forsberg?

Depends on your point of view. If you were to look at the deal by equating that to what Detroit (or any other team) would have given in that deal, like NN did, then one might think so.

However, consider that Nashville is one of the youngest teams in the league and did not lose a single regular roster player. Upshall could not play his way onto the team.

As for Parent, he is most definitely a blue chip prospect ,but Nashville has Hamhuis, Weber, and Suter now and still has Klein, Franson, and Laasko in the pipeline (as well as Zidlicky locked up for three more years).

There's also a very late first round pick involved and a third round pick if Peter re-signs with Nashville (I think).

This deal doesn't hurt Nashville for at least three years. Of course, Forsberg could go down with an injury, but the team has done fairly well to this point.

From our point of view, it isn't that big of a deal. It was very affordable for us at this point in time.

Initially, he will probably center Hartnell and Radulov on the "third" line, while also working on the first PP unit. This allows him to slowly work his way into the team while not disrupting the exceptional chemistry that the first (Kariya-Legwand-Erat) and second (Sullivan-Arnott-Dumont) lines have.

Hopefully, this trade is a win-win.

David

I gotta agree. Honestly, this wasn't that bad of a trade for Nashville. Trading a blue chip defenseman and a first rounder hurts, but Upshall's a bust and a third rounder isn't too bad. Honestly, i thought the Flyers were gonna manage to get more for a player of Forsberg's caliber.

Guest Crymson

Unfortunately, a healthy Forsberg will make Nashville that much more dangerous in the postseason. They're making it to the second round this year, if not the Conference Finals.

This was us last year. And the year before. And the year before that. And the year before that, though we made it that year. It was also us the year before that one, and the 2 years before that, and we didn't go anywhere. Same with '94 and '96, and in '95 we didn't cut it in the finals.

The point is that you know, from watching the Wings, that nothing is guaranteed in the playoffs purely by the skill you think your players have. For all you know, Forsberg could suck ass on the Preds, as could the team in general.

Agreed.

I don't really root for players to get injured... but let me say if Floppa happened to encounter health-related difficulties this postseason, it wouldn't make me sad.

Hell, I was hoping somebody would crush him in our game against the Flyers and end all the hooplah.

THE END IS HERE!!! WE'RE FINISHED!!!!

Unless this is absurdist comedy on your part: f*** off, troll.

With the Forsberg situation finally resolved I'd expect the dominos to start quickly falling around the league...

I look forward to it.

Guest Crymson

but for those poining out to Floppa injuries - you better use some brains before. he's always had injuries in regular season but come playoffs time he was healthy and delivering.

Forsberg has not, since the 2001-2002 season, played more than one round in the playoffs each year.

Edit: Untrue. 11 games in '03-'04. Whoops.

Edited by Crymson

I don't know what's more shocking, that this trade went down or that EKLUND of all people said it was going to happen!!?

Here are my takes on this:

1. The price they paid was way more than I would have liked the Wings to pay. Imagine Flip, Huddles, a first and third rounder. NOT cool, especially for a rental player no matter how good.

2. Foresberg is back on a fierce rival of the Wings. Somehow that makes me feel that all is right in the hockey world again.

How long have you been watching hockey? You know how good Forsberg is in the playoffs. Nashville is now an official contender, unlike we were last year, despite winning the President's Trophy.

We either deal now, or expect an early out against San Jose or Anaheim. Think I'm full of s***? Just watch. It happened against Calgary and Edmonton. We can't beat Nashville, SJ or Anaheim in a 7-game series. They're too young, too big and too fast, and that's just fact.

Oh, and Nashville definitely sold their souls for Floppa, so I really hope they fail...

In 1991, we lost to Chicago because we were an incomplete team, but that really hasn't been the case in the past 10 years or so. I agree that last year we would have have been better off dealing for someone, but why did we lose to San Jose in 1993? The Avalance was a much more rounded team than we were in 96, but why did they beat us in 99 and 2000?. Why did we lose to LA in the first round in 01? None of these teams went on to win the cup, for that matter, you know what happend to Calgary and the Ducks. Its always the same bulls*** about the wings being too old, too slow, too small. We can beat Nashville with the same chances last week or next week. Anaheim is a toss up in a 7 games series while SJ scares me. I doubt Anaheim will move anyone of significance.

Forsberg may play with grit in the playoffs, but I don't think he adds another dimension like San Jose got last year landing Thorton. Everyone always wants to analyze trades immediately to see who wins and who loses. We'll never know until this Summer, then 3-5 years down the road to see if Phillys trade prospects turn out to be superstars.

If Forsberg can play, offer his Stanley Cup-champion playoff experience and offensive skills and the Predators win the Stanley Cup, Nashville is a winner no matter what. IMO, no matter what his past performance brings. My point is, I'm much happier that we didn't trade Filpula, and 2 AHL guys and or picks. Nashville can have him. Forsberg does not add grit and can get banged up. If someone is a true rent a player than land him.

Edited by servo

2. Foresberg is back on a fierce rival of the Wings. Somehow that makes me feel that all is right in the hockey world again.

And while he's certainly no Patty Roy, Vokoun certainly loves to run his mouth like him. So that helps a bit more. :sly:

Or his head could spontaneously pop like a balloon; this would also cause trouble for the Preds.

So long as he can stay healthy I'd wager that he'll at least be "Pretty OK" and may go all the way up to "Damn Son."

My point exactly; What a memorable performance. Really got his team far.

I respect the guy and I like Nashville as a team, but it just feels good to have something worth getting worked up about again. These two teams could be great division rivals for years to come. I like what's going on here.

Yep!

Tkachuk and Lapointe would so much BETTER the rivalry.

That's probably very wishful thinking though.

GOOD CALL. You're right, all we're missing is a couple guys who can amp up the games and get some donnybrook action started. those two guys sound good to me.

And while he's certainly no Patty Roy, Vokoun certainly loves to run his mouth like him. So that helps a bit more. :sly:

i feel like with this trade,

this nashville - detroit rivalry might be ready to explode.

Well, with Forsberg being back and closer than ever I guess its safe to call Nashville our official rivals now, all we need to do is meet them in the playoffs again and it will be on.

Looks like Holmgren's asking price was Kronwall:

So why didn't Philly get more? Despite General Manager Paul Holmgren's best efforts to pump up the market, the other teams in the Forsberg sweepstakes weren't willing to give up anything close to what he wanted. (Anaheim GM Brian Burke reportedly refused to offer Corey Perry, and Detroit GM Ken Holland said no when asked to include defenseman Niklas Kronwall in the deal).

Link.

Guest Crymson

How long have you been watching hockey? You know how good Forsberg is in the playoffs. Nashville is now an official contender, unlike we were last year, despite winning the President's Trophy.

We either deal now, or expect an early out against San Jose or Anaheim. Think I'm full of s***? Just watch. It happened against Calgary and Edmonton. We can't beat Nashville, SJ or Anaheim in a 7-game series. They're too young, too big and too fast, and that's just fact.

You are ridiculous. We weren't an official contender last year? Get real, dips***. We tore through the league last year and we were THE contender.

Oh, what's that? We need to do this or we'll lose to x team for sure? Early exit, you say? What's that? Same old bulls***? Yeah. Look, you seem to have something catastrophic to say in every situation. Why don't you just go talk to a wall instead? It'll do you about the same amount of good.

Edited by Crymson

I think this works out perfectly. The more I think about it, the more Forsberg made no sense for us. Not sure it necessarily makes any sense for Nashville, but that's no skin off my back.

But, the big thing for me is, this makes the remaining Detroit/Nashville games that much more intriguing. And, hey, maybe a potential playoff series to go along with it. Really excited about this.

Good for Nashville. I am sure we will keep up, and they made their move first so that helps. Those Nashville games are going to be classics now!!

Yo Zion, last year we had Manny, this year Hasek. :o

I still think we will make a really good couples of moves like Matt said. I wouldn't even be surprised if a star player was traded away. :blink: 13. Now it gets real exciting.