• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
VladyIBELIEVE16

OFFICIAL: Forsberg traded to Predators

Rate this topic

what it would've taken the Wings to match that offer would've been overpaying.

And it's still a risk for the Preds. If they don't go fairly deep, this trade isn't worth it.

forsberg isn't really what this team needed anyway (though he would have helped, no doubt), but him going to the preds sucks. that team is going to be scary. but remember the pepse six pack, they couldn't do anything, so here's hoping.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

That's pretty much Filppula, Kindl, a 1st and a 3rd. WAY too much for Pete at this stage of his career.

:clap:

Forsbergs impact is overplayed. Yes he is incredibly gifted but one good hit and GFG

the lineup does look scary now. as if it wasn't before.

but, im kinda glad he didn't come here. in my heart of hearts, better them than us. and i dont like the thought of giving up flip to ANYONE.

he has too much potential to be a top two line guy in this system for a long time.

guerin, guerin, GUERIN, GUERIN!!!!!!!

:clap:

Forsbergs impact is overplayed. Yes he is incredibly gifted but one good hit and GFG

He is one "Phaneuf" away from being done for the season.

I was worried the Wings would break the bank trying get Forsberg, so it's good to see him off the market. This works out well for Detroit IF Holland can land the right player(s) now. A scoring winger is at the top of my list, and hopefully not a smallish, soft one.

What is it now, two straight years of the Predators purposefully out-bidding the Red Wings for a player they coveted? Didn't work out too well for them the first time and it's not something they can continue to do.

As others have mentioned, at that price I'm glad Holland bowed out.

He is one "Phaneuf" away from being done for the season.

Agreed. Let's hope they face Calgary in the playoffs. And I'm glad he didn't come here. Holland is not an idiot. Overpaying for yet another center is not something we need to do right now. And who's to say that we only have Bertuzzi and Guerin to chose from? I sense something very odd in the works.

I'm glad Holland did not get Floppa for this price. he might have driven the price up, but in the end did not pay it. good. we can not sacrifice our future with such rental. we're already thin on prospects and draft picks.

not that this year's draft was overly exciting but it's still 1st round pick (even if late most possibly) and 2 young players. we could not afford this.

but for those poining out to Floppa injuries - you better use some brains before. he's always had injuries in regular season but come playoffs time he was healthy and delivering. and heck! delivering like crazy. in my book it is called great player worth the effort.

Preds are going for the cup this year. it's to early IMHO but in the new NHL there's no time to develop cores of players and growing up to playoff experience. bold move but one that can pan out. and yeah, who said they can't succeed?

let's hope Holland adds 2 physical forwards with playoffs experience and team attitude and I'm perfectly fine. Wings will be fine without Floppa

With the Forsberg situation finally resolved I'd expect the dominos to start quickly falling around the league...

Agreed.

*bracing myself for countless "Holland needs to do something!" "we need grit!" "Holland sucks!" "We need to get (unmoveable player to be named)!" and "we're gonna lose in the first round again!" threads*

http://www.philly.com/mld/philly/sports/hockey/16708351.htm

...Originally, the Flyers were believed to be asking for rookie right winger Alexander Radulov. When the stakes were raised, they landed Parent, a puck-skating defenseman who was the Predators' No. 1 draft pick (18th overall) in 2005.

Forsberg, 33, could still re-sign with the Flyers in the off-season. It is believed if that does not happen, the Flyers will get additional draft picks in the future.

The third-round pick would change to a much higher pick - probably a first-round pick -if Forsberg were to re-sign this summer with Nashville instead of the Flyers...

Emphasis mine. Don't doubt for a second Holland upped the ante on this deal to force Nashville to offer the package it did.

Agreed.

*bracing myself for countless "Holland needs to do something!" "we need grit!" "Holland sucks!" "We need to get (unmoveable player to be named)!" and "we're gonna lose in the first round again!" threads*

well let's be realistic. if forsberg stays healthy - IF - then they have to be the favorite to win the cup. and if we don't get nashville for the division, then we face either Anaheim or San Jose in the first round. those two matchups give a very high probablity at a first round exit. holland has work to do, and i think this could be a make or break trade deadline for him. he fails to add some decent pieces, and Ilitch might fast track Stevie Y to GM.

Might want to update the sig pre-emptively, eh? ;)

well let's be realistic. if forsberg stays healthy - IF - then they have to be the favorite to win the cup. and if we don't get nashville for the division, then we face either Anaheim or San Jose in the first round. those two matchups give a very high probablity at a first round exit. holland has work to do, and i think this could be a make or break trade deadline for him. he fails to add some decent pieces, and Ilitch might fast track Stevie Y to GM.

Patience. While Forsberg would've been a great addition it looks like Nashville was doubly interest in him (not only to bolster their roster, but to keep him AWAY from Detroit). They did both and it cost them.

Rumors swirling around lately could have the Red Wings having one of their most active trade deadline "seasons" since 1999 -- i.e., more than one move -- and a package like the one Nashville offered would've milked a good portion of the Wings' assets away.

(Yes, I realize that the potential for Lang to be flipped was possible, but it's not now.)

Seeing a guy like Bertuzzi, Guerin or Tkachuk on the roster in addition to a guy like Fedotenko, Roberts, etc., isn't necessarily a bad thing, either. Who knows -- maybe there's a method to the madness where Holland can manage to snag two of the first three players mentioned.

Agreed.

don't forget trade lilja for bert. williams for guerin. bootland for laraque. and maltby for modin.

Forsberg really did alot for Philly, I anticipate he'll do about as much for Nashville. Forsberg now is not what he was 10 years ago. Certainly Nashville is a fantastic team, and if healthy, makes the line he is on, slightly more dangerous, but if he takes a puck to the ankle...........

Kudos to Holland for not pissing away our team for an old injured ridden star past his prime. Like any trade, there is always risk, but IMO; Philly got the better end of the deal!

my point is that its not over yet. But people will likely complain about Holland and the moves he's not making right up until the deadline.

Once the dust settles, then it's time to evaluate what he did or didn't do.

Might want to update the sig pre-emptively, eh? ;)

not a bad idea.