• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
VladyIBELIEVE16

OFFICIAL: Forsberg traded to Predators

Rate this topic

I like how in a matter of a half hour, the board has gone from welcoming Forsberg to the Wings and planning the victory parade, to saying he's old and washed up.

i'm not saying he is washed up. i think nashville overpaid, but I think if winning this year is what was priortiy number one, then they got themselves a fantastic sweet huge deal that makes them that much better. i am glad we didn't pay that much, but at the same time I am seriously down that we didn't get him, cuz with our swedish contingent he would have done wonders for us.

I like how in a matter of a half hour, the board has gone from welcoming Forsberg to the Wings and planning the victory parade, to saying he's old and washed up.

well you are right, but I think we saw what nashville had to give up in order to get the deal done and realize that he isn't worth it here.

The Wings situation is much different from the Preds. For the Wings, the red carpet would be rolled out for Forsberg if all went as planned, meaning we added Forsberg, shipped off Lang, and signed another gritty winger at that. But I doubt there is anyone on this board who would be saying Forsberg is the answer to all of our problems if thats the only move Holland made.

Forsberg>Lang no doubt but when it comes down to the playoffs Lang + scoring winger + physical 4th liner >>>> Forsberg

Nashville had no choice but to get Forsberg, he's the best player available right now and they HAVE to go deep into the playoffs.

They've never won a playoff series, there's talk of them moving. They would pay anything and everything necessary to get Forsberg.

Forsberg really did alot for Philly, I anticipate he'll do about as much for Nashville. Forsberg now is not what he was 10 years ago. Certainly Nashville is a fantastic team, and if healthy, makes the line he is on, slightly more dangerous, but if he takes a puck to the ankle...........

Kudos to Holland for not pissing away our team for an old injured ridden star past his prime. Like any trade, there is always risk, but IMO; Philly got the better end of the deal!

How long have you been watching hockey? You know how good Forsberg is in the playoffs. Nashville is now an official contender, unlike we were last year, despite winning the President's Trophy.

We either deal now, or expect an early out against San Jose or Anaheim. Think I'm full of s***? Just watch. It happened against Calgary and Edmonton. We can't beat Nashville, SJ or Anaheim in a 7-game series. They're too young, too big and too fast, and that's just fact.

Oh, and Nashville definitely sold their souls for Floppa, so I really hope they fail...

How long have you been watching hockey? You know how good Forsberg is in the playoffs. Nashville is now an official contender, unlike we were last year, despite winning the President's Trophy.

amen. it's a gamble because they lack playoff experience

but Floppa gives them huge advantage, and they already

had depth to get far into playoffs.

We either deal now, or expect an early out against San Jose or Anaheim. Think I'm full of s***? Just watch. It happened against Calgary and Edmonton. We can't beat Nashville, SJ or Anaheim in a 7-game series. They're too young, too big and too fast, and that's just fact.

I'd not exactly paint our chances that bad, but unfortunately all those teams

would give us tough challenge. Wings have huge D and Hasek in net and

that should not be understimated, even more if you take into account the

tight system which Babcock implemented.

we need 2 big forwards able to create some room in front of the net.

ones that add experience and toughness. that's all and enough to upgrade

the team and not f* up it's chemistry. if Holland dos it we'll be perfectly

fine. whether it means able to win a series against SJ or NSH... ? we

have to wait to see

Edited by akustyk

Oh, and Nashville definitely sold their souls for Floppa, so I really hope they fail...

1) Nashville was a contender before they added Floppa.

2) Detroit has problems with the underdogs, not the big name teams

3) Detroit has more heart than they have in years and players that have more incentive to show up in the playoffs than ever before

As for adding gritty players, well, we are in luck, because pretty much the only finesse guys available have already been traded - Nagy and Forsberg. The rest that remain - Bert, Roberts, Guerin, Tkachuk, Gelinas, Modin, Mayers, Fedoruk, Blake, Nolan, Tucker, O'Neill - are all gritty guys that address our needs.

...and there is no "deal now, or expect an early out." There are 12 more days til the deadline and you sound like a raving moron with these comments.

Nashville had no choice but to get Forsberg, he's the best player available right now and they HAVE to go deep into the playoffs.

They've never won a playoff series, there's talk of them moving. They would pay anything and everything necessary to get Forsberg.

Agreed, they have been hurting big time in season tickets (specifically the corporate side of things). There is talk of them moving and we all know that if a team goes deep in the playoffs that there are plenty of fans to jump on the bandwagon.

With the Forsberg situation finally resolved I'd expect the dominos to start quickly falling around the league...

Here here.

If its Guerin or Tkachuk we'll hear later...if its Nolan, expect to hear sunday (after the phoenix game)

Edited by Ozzie30

Did Nashville sell their souls for Forsberg?

Depends on your point of view. If you were to look at the deal by equating that to what Detroit (or any other team) would have given in that deal, like NN did, then one might think so.

However, consider that Nashville is one of the youngest teams in the league and did not lose a single regular roster player. Upshall could not play his way onto the team.

As for Parent, he is most definitely a blue chip prospect ,but Nashville has Hamhuis, Weber, and Suter now and still has Klein, Franson, and Laasko in the pipeline (as well as Zidlicky locked up for three more years).

There's also a very late first round pick involved and a third round pick if Peter re-signs with Nashville (I think).

This deal doesn't hurt Nashville for at least three years. Of course, Forsberg could go down with an injury, but the team has done fairly well to this point.

From our point of view, it isn't that big of a deal. It was very affordable for us at this point in time.

Initially, he will probably center Hartnell and Radulov on the "third" line, while also working on the first PP unit. This allows him to slowly work his way into the team while not disrupting the exceptional chemistry that the first (Kariya-Legwand-Erat) and second (Sullivan-Arnott-Dumont) lines have.

Hopefully, this trade is a win-win.

David

Edited by drsingle

Agreed.

*bracing myself for countless "Holland needs to do something!" "we need grit!" "Holland sucks!" "We need to get (unmoveable player to be named)!" and "we're gonna lose in the first round again!" threads*

I'll happily come on here and say I was wrong if Holland actually picks up a girtty impact forward and/or the Wings make it passed the 2nd round of the play-offs. Will you and the other applogists do the same if those things don't happen?

Let this be a lesson to all you "Williiams/Lilja/draft pick for (insert good player's name) people. Welcome to reality!

that's what scares me the most out of this deal. the bar now has been set. if forsberg was worth that much, what will other teams now want for their trade baits? i am starting to fear that we just do not have enough depth to compete with what other teams can offer.

that's what scares me the most out of this deal. the bar now has been set. if forsberg was worth that much, what will other teams now want for their trade baits? i am starting to fear that we just do not have enough depth to compete with what other teams can offer.

This goes to show that even if a player is due for a free agency, if that player is coveted by multiple teams the price tag will still be very high because of the competition....you wont be able to steal the guy with a lame offer. I dont see the Wings outbidding anybody, most likely they'll settle for somebody that no one else is interested in.

There's also a very late first round pick involved and a third round pick if Peter re-signs with Nashville (I think).

I gather that it is a 3rd round pick which will become a 1st round pick if he re-signs with the Preds.....

Edited by T-Ruff

Anaheim is losing to Phoenix right now, badly. They are in a long slump, and I'm not so sure they will get out of it by the start of the playoffs. Edmonton is good, but without Pronger they have some weaknesses on D. SJ lacks stability, and lives and dies with their PP. All those teams are beatable. I wouldn't throw in the towel just yet.

EDIT-spelling

Edited by sibiriak

I gather that it is a 3rd round pick which will become a 1st round pick if he re-signs with the Preds.....

This sounds more likely. The simple fact still remains that giving away 3 first round picks plus the possibility of a fourth certainly qualifies as 'mortgaging the future'