• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
VladyIBELIEVE16

OFFICIAL: Forsberg traded to Predators

Rate this topic

You are ridiculous. We weren't an official contender last year? Get real, dips***. We tore through the league last year and we were THE contender.

Oh, what's that? We need to do this or we'll lose to x team for sure? Early exit, you say? What's that? Same old bulls***? Yeah. Look, you seem to have something catastrophic to say in every situation. Why don't you just go talk to a wall instead? It'll do you about the same amount of good.

Relax kiddies. This is like poker - right now the preds look like they have the cards, but you never know. I still think they are soft and will lose maybe even to the wings because I believe our defense is actually better.

You all know that the playoffs turn everything upside down. Remember top seeds 1- 4 all lost in the first round last year. Assville has holes just like all teams do ( even, apparently, the Ducks and Sabres).

We'll get some players and maybe go on a run. Hell - all we need is one more line that can score and we are as dangerous as anyone else.

We'll get some players and maybe go on a run. Hell - all we need is one more line that can score and we are as dangerous as anyone else.

I wouldn't mind seeing Gelinas here along with a Bertuzzi, Guerin, Tkachuk, or Lapointe. He was awesome (in a bad way for us) against us in the playoffs in the Calgary series.

Nice. If that's true, holding back from that deal was a no-brainer. That should put to rest all the "wuts kenny doing?!?!?!!?11" talk.

Yeah, that is pretty much as unlikely of a deal that you get.

found this on the freep.com forums...

"Jokinen and Bertuzzi from Florida for Hudler, Liv, and a #1 draft pick."

thoughts?

No way that ever happens. Ever. Jokinen signed a long term deal last season. We couldn't get only Jokinen for that package, let alone Bertuzzi.

Looks like Holmgren's asking price was Kronwall:

Link.

Nice link. Kudos to Kenny for not morgaging for a rental. Appaently Nashville feels they are deep enough in prospects. We'll see.

thoughts?

no f'ing way! We need a bag of pucks to seal the deal.!

i keep hearing everyone say how the preds paid i high price for foresberg. but when i saw the trade, all i thought was thats it? its really not that big of a gain for the flyers, especially for what everyone was predicting. upshaw has not really shown anything yet, and a d-man with sub par stats and injury problems, plus a first round choice towards the end of the draft. i think they could of gotten more. and even if they couldnt, i really dont think iw as that high of a price to pay

Wow what a bummer... Holland better get someone good!!

We all know Holland will bend over and take it up the @$$ for someone worth about a half pound of $hit....I know how bout we overpay for Bertuzzi who will just worry about not hurting another player for the rest of his career....well at least on the bright side of this we can absolutely disdain forsberg again....i was kind of forgetting about it with him being in the east....

thoughts?

Agreed, I dont like Bertuzzi, never have, but if that goes down ... I'd be nodding in approval.

As for Forsberg in Nash ... I can really only say one thing. Dammit. ... actually wait, i suppose I can say more. SOme say Nashville gave up a heavy price for him, BUT ...

... it all depends on what they do. They lose, the trade sucked. But they are obviously going for it, and with a line up like that, hell, they could do it. Does that seem odd to anyone, if they did go on to win ... the last three cup Champs, Nashville, Carolina, Tampa Bay.

Does that seem odd to anyone, if they did go on to win ... the last three cup Champs, Nashville, Carolina, Tampa Bay.

Just as Bettman would have it. Not to odd.

Well, it is good for the NHL to have teams like that win the Stanley Cup, but I think it is pretty firmly establised Bettman would want as Rangers vs. Kings match up for a few seasons passing the cup back and forth.

Guest Crymson

Not too odd, and hideous for NHL ratings and revenues. A bunch of small-market teams. Of the last six SCF teams, ONE (New Jersey) is a big market. ONE.

Not too odd, and hideous for NHL ratings and revenues. A bunch of small-market teams. Of the last six SCF teams, ONE (New Jersey) is a big market. ONE.

how do you define big market team? one that is unable to fill arena

for god only knows how many years already?

now imagine this:

Wings get Guerin and some second banging forward, and we meet Nashville

in WCF. nevermind who's gonna win it but heck! that would be a birth of rivalry :)

yeah... sure like hell I'd like it to finish this way :D

Edited by akustyk

Upshall AND Parent?! If true, that's insane. Now Holland can focus on what we truly need. Sweet.

from what I've heard Parent is supposed to be top-4 defenseman, but Upshall prety much couldn't crack Preds lineup and was injury-prone (yeah, as if Floppa wasn't)

Say what you like about Nashville over-paying for Forsberg.

At least Nashville's GM has the "sack" to try something like this.

While Holland likes to hang on to his re-treads, we'll see what

happens in response.

I'll bet it'll be somebody old and cheap if anybody, because teams in the league

now know that he's desparate and have upped their price for Holland to

counter this move. That's the real genius behind the Nashville trade.

Go Kenny, now you'll have to wait until the off-season to get some

lame-a$$ free agents.

*Insert overreacting Ken Holland is the devil and worst person ever rant for not trading for Forsberg here*

*Insert overreacting Red Wings are f**ked in the playoffs rant because they didn't get Forsberg here*

*Insert overreacting rant on Forseberg being the ultimate key to brinding toughness to the Red Wings here*

*Lights hair on fire in overreachtion and runs around punching head out to extinguish flames for not trading for Forseberg*

/extreme sarcasm

Like the majority has said,it's a good thing we didn't get him & overpay hugely.

This goes to show that even if a player is due for a free agency, if that player is coveted by multiple teams the price tag will still be very high because of the competition....you wont be able to steal the guy with a lame offer. I dont see the Wings outbidding anybody, most likely they'll settle for somebody that no one else is interested in.

I hope you're wrong but also fear you're right.