• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
BigTex

The Unthinkable could be happening?

Rate this topic

I'm just saying this on my own, no rumors, bellowing mooses, or eklunds.

With the win tonight the Blues are now only 10 points behind Minnesota for the final playoff spot and they've been playing GREAT.

You know those guys want to win and make the playoffs, especially after missing for the first time in forever last year. They're pro athletes, they're competitive.

If I'm the GM of the Blues what I'd do is hold onto my guys and let them keep playing well. They may actually make the post season and that would be a great story for all involved. There's plenty of season left.

I know this would suck for the Wings, who are trying to pick up a rental player because it would take two and possibly three great deadline guys off the market, but you got to let these guys try and acheive something worth while here. Don't break it up and throw in the towel, Checketts.

Guest Agalloch

They're still awful. Yes, they've been playing well recently, but they dug themselves a huge hole, and they won't get out of it. If they stood pat and didn't trade away Guerin, Tkachuk, or Brewer, they'd make a huge mistake.

Besides, Guerin already knows he's going to the Wings. He single handedly beat the Preds tonight. Nice to see he's already helping his future team.

Worst case scenario for the Blues is that they don't trade anyone and after the deadline all the sudden cool off.

You gotta admit, it would be a hard decision to make.

They're still awful. Yes, they've been playing well recently, but they dug themselves a huge hole, and they won't get out of it. If they stood pat and didn't trade away Guerin, Tkachuk, or Brewer, they'd make a huge mistake.

Besides, Guerin already knows he's going to the Wings. He single handedly beat the Preds tonight. Nice to see he's already helping his future team.

How does Guerin already know? He called you via his cell phone after his conversation with Wings management?

Anyways, Blues are slowly starting to get their acts together. I wasn't surprsied when they blanked us last week, they almost came away with a win at JLA earlier this month as well.

It might be too little/too late if as long as Calgary and Minnesota (current 7/8 seeds) don't flop, but as long as they keep winning or getting into OT, they got somewhat of an attainable shot. They don't have much margin for error though.

How does Guerin already know? He called you via his cell phone after his conversation with Wings management?

Anyways, Blues are slowly starting to get their acts together. I wasn't surprsied when they blanked us last week, they almost came away with a win at JLA earlier this month as well.

It might be too little/too late if as long as Calgary and Minnesota (current 7/8 seeds) don't flop, but as long as they keep winning or getting into OT, they got somewhat of an attainable shot. They don't have much margin for error though.

Well Put!!! :clap:

This had always been a thought in the back of my mind amidst all the Guerin Tkachuk talk, but I seriously doubt it, Colorado's gonna make it before they do and I seriously doubt they'll pull it off. Minnasota's past their injury problems and won't budge and Calgary is way to good to slip that far. This isn't even ruling Edmonton into the mix either. Though the Blues have been one of the hottest teams overall in the NHL since the coashing switch, bothers me considering I want Guerin wearing red and white come playoff time more than anyone.

Guest Agalloch

Smh @ you not getting my sarcasm. Wow, I hope you were joking.

Colorado is only 2 or 3 points ahead of StL, it's a really close race right now. I bet if we get Guerin it'll be right at the deadline, I think they wait till the last possible second to trade him just in case.

Is this because they beat Nashville? So what, the LA Kings beat Nashville about a week ago, and I don't see anyone giving them a playoff prediction. They might still make it, but that seems very unlikely at the moment.

I remember I heard that it will take about 94 points this year in the West to make playoff (not sure about the source). For St. Louis it means that they have to win 80 % of remaining games. Seems like a tall order.

Also they are 4-5-1 in last ten, not at all impressive.

:lol:

St. Louis is in a GREAT position for next season, they have to trade both Guerin and Tkachuk, and I wouldve said trade Weight again too as well...but i think he signed a 2 year deal. They have the 2 most sought after guys at the deadline, they can acquire some young talent on the cusp of the NHL (or current young NHLers) and then add their big guns in the offseason. Hell they could even bring both back if they wanted to return.

Who the heck is E.J. and why would somebody who started in the NHL go back to play college hockey?

I assume he meant Erik Johnson...who has not played in the NHL yet.

And yes, he's playing for U-Minn this year, which was his own decision. He had committed to them and wasn't about to back out. I think most recently he has put his chances of going to the NHL next year at 60/40 in the affirmative.

Edited by scsgoal31