• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

GuloGulo

Big Brawl in Buffalo (vs Ottawa)

Rate this topic

You do know Emery has way more fight experiance than both those guys. He is also a boxer and he boxed Birons ears off.

And was laughing the whole time during both fights.

Ray emery is a f**king *****. I hope that someone plows his crease with their stick around his neck. I wouldn't think twice of doing it.

That's too bad you wouldn't think twice about doing it, because he'd plow you to the ice like a rag doll.

The sad part of this is if this were the Wings and someone knocked out one of our stars we would have a couple of our players pushing and shoving their smelly gloves in peoples faces as everyone stands around and does nothing SAD I would hope it wouldn't happen like that but we know it to be true

And how bout Emery! :clap: I hope the next time they play (Saturday) McGrattan will knock that goon Peters out. :angry: Dont mess with the tender!

Neil a pansy, yeah right. And you say checking is allowed? Neil sure as hell showed that to Drury.

Peters broke Mcgrattans nose last season, and Neil is a pansy after his turtle last year.

I dont have so much a problem with Peters although he didnt have to beat down Emery like he did, but at least he defended his goalie, where were the Senators while their goalie was getting absolutely pummeled. And the hit was a late infamous high shoulder hit, but thats how players hit now, use those thick shoulder pads to pummel the player. Look at every big hit this year, every player leads with those bulky shoulder pads now. Murray shouldve been smart enough to know not to send his top skill line out there right afterwards, especially after the fighting that followed the hit. Thats not to say that he could never use his top line the rest of the game its just that he shouldve known Ruff would goon it up after that and to put his own goons out there to fight them, to quell it down. and make it safe for his skill players.

I'd say Neil is a pansy ass and should stay off the ice if he can't take a hit without throwing a tantrum. This IS hockey you know. Checking is allowed. It absolutely blows my mind that all the tough guy fight fans are absolute babies about any sort of contact being made. Grow a pair. Dust yourself off and finish your shift (or get off the ice).

Anyway, back to your scenario. I'd say that's a crystal clear example of when a 'third man in' game-misconduct is warranted. WTF are you doing letting a skill guy get manhandled by a goon? Step in. No reason Neil should be allowed to drop Drury in such a case. A Sabre or three ought to be there before it gets that far.

As for Ruff knowing what the Code is all about... Why was Kocur so pissed Quenneville and the Blues? Weren't they following the Code by gooning it up because they were embarassed on the scoresheet and season series? Isn't the proverbial "Sending a Message" A-OK in that case? Bulls***, and Joey put it quite well when he told the cowering Joel that he had no balls. Sending fighters after non-fighters is nothing but bushleague chickens***. It's a bunch of overgrown boys throwing a tantrum because their feelings were hurt. Same goes for Ruff last night.

So Neil gets attacked, but in the meantime your star is down and out. I'd say that would be a nice tradeoff for Ottawa. By going after their star, you send the ultimate message that that will not be tolerated.

That is a horrible example about Kocur/Quenneville. Theres a big difference between tough guys going after non-fighters for no real reason and going after them because you felt there was a dirty hit by one on your star. Im no baby at all about contact, thats why i watch hockey. Not once have i cried about the hit and attacked Neil, im just explaining to you that the need for retaliation was more than warranted.

So Neil gets attacked, but in the meantime your star is down and out. I'd say that would be a nice tradeoff for Ottawa. By going after their star, you send the ultimate message that that will not be tolerated.

That is a horrible example about Kocur/Quenneville. Theres a big difference between tough guys going after non-fighters for no real reason and going after them because you felt there was a dirty hit by one on your star. Im no baby at all about contact, thats why i watch hockey. Not once have i cried about the hit and attacked Neil, im just explaining to you that the need for retaliation was more than warranted.

There is nothing in the rules that say you can't line up the opposing skill guys and check them. Nothing at all.

It's a perfect example. Hurt feelings. Lash out. Lather, rinse, repeat.

As you say the Sabres FELT it was a dirty hit. Thus disrespecting their captain and team. The Blues FELT the Wings were rubbing things in by running up the score (I think it was 6-somethign at the time) in the series sweeping game. In actuality there is no real reason for tough guys going after non-fighters in either case.

Need for retaliation? Why is there a need for retaliation if the thought of legal check doesn't bother you? I hope you realize that if you had your way there'd be no checking and no fighting because everyone would be scared of the opposing goons. Think Cold War.

Peters broke Mcgrattans nose last season, and Neil is a pansy after his turtle last year.

You mean when Neil turtled in a play off game and Dingman got a 2 minute instigation penalty and a 5 minute major for fighting, and then the Sens scored on the ensuing powerplay. And Neil challenged Dingman to the fight. Yeah Neil sure is a stupid player <_< dumb ass.

There is nothing in the rules that say you can't line up the opposing skill guys and check them. Nothing at all.

It's a perfect example. Hurt feelings. Lash out. Lather, rinse, repeat.

As you say the Sabres FELT it was a dirty hit. Thus disrespecting their captain and team. The Blues FELT the Wings were rubbing things in by running up the score (I think it was 6-somethign at the time) in the series sweeping game. In actuality there is no real reason for tough guys going after non-fighters in either case.

Need for retaliation? Why is there a need for retaliation if the thought of legal check doesn't bother you? I hope you realize that if you had your way there'd be no checking and no fighting because everyone would be scared of the opposing goons. Think Cold War.

A legal check sure as hell doesnt bother me, nor does a dirty one actually! Hell, Bryan Marchment is one of my all time favorite players. But just because dirty hits dont bother me, doesnt mean i feel they should go without revenge. One of, if not, the best aspects of the game of hockey is the ability for players to police themselves. When I dont see it in obvious situations i get pissed. Chris Drury is a star for the Sabres, Chris Neil is a tough guy for Ottawa. Neil puts on in Buffalo eyes a dirty hit on their star. For me, its Hockey101 that Buffalo gets revenge on an Ottawa star...and obviously Neil at some point as well. If they had done nothing, and a thread was started about just the hit, you wouldve seen me in that thread blasting the Sabres (as i do the Wings for never responding)

I still think your comparison to the Blues game is totally off base..

You keep saying the hit was legal...are you telling me if your sitting on the Sabres bench you'd think it was legal? Remember these guys dont have access to slo mo during the game to analyze. Seeing it live on the bench of course it looked dirty to them...whether it really was or not.

Fighting non fighters is not hockey 101. Period. Never was. Never will be.

It's not off base. Blues had hurt feelings and started fighting non fighters. The Sabres had hurt feelings and started fighting non fighters. In both cases it was a bushleague move by a chickens*** coach.

Why did Mair apologize to Heatley after the game?

Whether the hit on Drury was legal or not doesn't make any difference. If a tough guy lays out your captain like that, or any of your skill players for that mattter, a hockey team with balls is going to take exception to it. We can argue about who should have hit or fought who in retaliation, but don't tell me that teams should just suck it up because the hit was legal. Hockey is physical and intimidation is a part of it. Not taking any crap from the other team, whether the rules state it's ok or not, is part of gaining an advantage.

All these years of watching this creampuff team has confused a lot of Red Wings fans into thinking that accepting pummeling and abuse from the other team is just acceptable. Believe me, the other 29 teams don't operate this way.

Whether the hit on Drury was legal or not doesn't make any difference. If a tough guy lays out your captain like that, or any of your skill players for that mattter, a hockey team with balls is going to take exception to it. We can argue about who should have hit or fought who in retaliation, but don't tell me that teams should just suck it up because the hit was legal. Hockey is physical and intimidation is a part of it. Not taking any crap from the other team, whether the rules state it's ok or not, is part of gaining an advantage.

All these years of watching this creampuff team has confused a lot of Red Wings fans into thinking that accepting pummeling and abuse from the other team is just acceptable. Believe me, the other 29 teams don't operate this way.

I agree to a certain extent. Someone goes after your captain, or hits any player on your team for that matter, you immediately go after him to lay on a serious beatdown. and he's got a big bullseye on his back for the rest of the night. You bring the whole sh*thouse down right there and then.

But it's still weak to send your fighters out to go after a line that's clearly a bunch of non-fighters.

That's fine. Take exception. But how you react will give you an indication of the sort of character you have. Throwing a tantrum like a 4-year-old is just sad. That's what Ruff and the Sabres did. Has nothing to do with having balls and much more to do with not having brains.

That's fine. Take exception. But how you react will give you an indication of the sort of character you have. Throwing a tantrum like a 4-year-old is just sad. That's what Ruff and the Sabres did. Has nothing to do with having balls and much more to do with not having brains.

At least we have something entertaining to talk about! Keep 'em comin', Lindy! Good times.

Like Murray has more character? Remember the flames/ducks brawl?

How does that have anything to do with anything?

you are acting like Ruff is the first coach to respond after a hit, MANY coaches have done this before more or less in the same manner. Saying he has no brains is idiotic, it is a heat of the moment thing...your captain gets hit and is bleeding on the ground, you send out guys to respond right away..Murray should have known this since he has done it too.

you are acting like Ruff is the first coach to respond after a hit, MANY coaches have done this before more or less in the same manner.

Saying he has no brains is idiotic, it is a heat of the moment thing...

your captain gets hit and is bleeding on the ground, you send out guys to respond right away..

Murray should have known this since he has done it too.

So many coach have delved to bushleage chickens*** tactics. And?

So basically you agree he wasn't thinking straight. Exactly my point.

There's a right way to respond. And there is a wrong way. I think we both know, which way Ruff chose.

Where have I said anything about Murray's coaching acumen? I don't think I've ever referred to him as anything remotely close to a good coach.

Fighting non fighters is not hockey 101. Period. Never was. Never will be.

It's not off base. Blues had hurt feelings and started fighting non fighters. The Sabres had hurt feelings and started fighting non fighters. In both cases it was a bushleague move by a chickens*** coach.

Why did Mair apologize to Heatley after the game?

An apology is supposed to mean something? He was probably just trying to avoid a fine!

NN- this isnt the first time we've went back and forth on a fighting issue. I definitely feel you're anti-fighting, so obviously any time its showcased like this you arent going to like it no matter what.

So many coach have delved to bushleage chickens*** tactics. And?

So basically you agree he wasn't thinking straight. Exactly my point.

There's a right way to respond. And there is a wrong way. I think we both know, which way Ruff chose.

Where have I said anything about Murray's coaching acumen? I don't think I've ever referred to him as anything remotely close to a good coach.

And what if you dont respond AT ALL? Wouldnt that be, as you like to say, rather chickens***?

Do you attack the Wings in a similar fashion when they dont do ANYTHING?

This is one of the best events of the season if this rivalry blossoms the way it appears to be. These teams are fresh off a playoff series last year and play in the same division, ensuring lots of games against each other. Also, they're two big hockey markets and the fan bases will really get into it.

So after the Kronwall hit on Lupul last night, should Edmonton have put a bunch of fighters on the ice and dropped the gloves against Dats and Zetterberg?

No...although i didnt think they reacted enough. The type of player delivering the blow has alot to do with it.

This is one of the best events of the season if this rivalry blossoms the way it appears to be. These teams are fresh off a playoff series last year and play in the same division, ensuring lots of games against each other. Also, they're two big hockey markets and the fan bases will really get into it.

Agreed. Hopefully the next game tonight isnt a dud...which i expect it to be. Watch for 5 penalties to be called within the first 5 minutes.