• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Mighty Wings

wings vs. blues brawl

Rate this topic

I remember that game vividly. Luc threw a slap at somebody. Mac wasnt already kicked out and I have no idea where Fisch was. Shanny was done because he had a 5 minute major with less than 5 minutes left in the game. The Blues showed some real balls going after the likes of Homer, Luc, and Draper.

I was hoping the whole time Kocur would walk out onto the ice and kick someone's ass.

I remember that game vividly. Luc threw a slap at somebody. Mac wasnt already kicked out and I have no idea where Fisch was. Shanny was done because he had a 5 minute major with less than 5 minutes left in the game. The Blues showed some real balls going after the likes of Homer, Luc, and Draper.

I was hoping the whole time Kocur would walk out onto the ice and kick someone's ass.

He was challenging the other bench. If you can read his lips it looks like he's saying "wanna go?"

Robitaille slapped doug weight according to JD

Edited by Mighty Wings

Ah those were the days where we had guys that weren't gonna take crap from no one. I'd love something like this against the last game vs. Nashville with Big Bert back.

Part 1:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFMcrVptk_0&NR

Part 2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1f0a59R3kCQ&NR

thanks!!!

I've been trying to find this fight for a while. My wife has a serious crush on Mac :D

This game was a microcosm of the rivalry between these teams. I remember watching this game. The Blues lost the season series to Detroit 5-0, most of them not even close. This was the last of their games that season, and they started sending their tough guys out to hit non-fighters on the Red Wings. The funniest part was after the game when Barret Jackman was quoted saying something about how the Blues "sent a message" that the Red Wings would "dread playing them" the next season.

Yeah, that turned out well, big guy.

The highlight was Nash, who blamed Shanahan for cutting his lip open with a stick, going after Shanahan late in the game. He had already had stitches to sew up his lip and he took on Shanny. Shanny proceeded to facewash open his lip again, leaving him a bloody mess.

Good times.

I think that was also the game that dats scored a sweet goal by splitting Pronger and Salvador (both of whom were hooking the s*** out of him).

It was at that moment dats became my favorite player :)

I miss the days like that.

Yeah, what a fun time... :blink:

I still never understand how people are allowed to beat Homer to a pulp like that... I don't care how much of a pain in the ass he is in front of the net, how many cross checks are you allowed to put on this guy before it constitutes a penalty call?

Quenville is a hack! Nash is a douchebag and someone needs to lower the boom on Drake... I loathe that piece fo crap...

Sorry, seeing the Wings manhandled like that makes me a little violent... :blush:

I remember that game. Kocur has called coach Q "*****" which was quite hilarious(sp). and people really, really though he was gonna jump to Blues bench and beat Q's ass.

in fact, Kocur was fined by the league for the chairs then.

as for the incident - I recall Jackman going for Luc, which pretty much pissed Wings coaching stuff, and most certainly the fans. yeah, that was actually a crappy thing to do. not to defend Jackman because he's no saint, but it's pity to see young stud defenseman told to do such crap. it's not even that Lucky Luc was everything but tough guy. that was regular season game, not much relevant after all, and frankly - this was against one of NHL classiest players ever.

all that, because Blues, considering themselves elite team (and they're quite high in the standings then in fact) were pretty much demolished in that season series losing every single game with us that season, as far as I remember correctly. and desperate Joel wanted to show a message. not exactly on of the "we're not gonna let it go that easily" type. just a message that he's a dick

The funniest part was after the game when Barret Jackman was quoted saying something about how the Blues "sent a message" that the Red Wings would "dread playing them" the next season.

what a boomer :) I mean: get real man. you got your ass handed 8 times in a row and god only knows how many since the Steve Yzerman 2nd OT goal, and you keep mouthing how Wings dread you. puhlease... :lol:

The funniest part was after the game when Barret Jackman was quoted saying something about how the Blues "sent a message" that the Red Wings would "dread playing them" the next season.

Yeah, that turned out well, big guy.

I long for the day when I can remake this sig with Zata hoisting the Cup:

IPB Image

Edited by Swimming with the Sharks

You have no balls! YOU have no balls!! :D

I haven't clicked the link yet, but does the feed go long enough to the part where JD says something along the lines of he'd fight anyone on either team but he wouldn't fight Joey?

You have no balls! YOU have no balls!! :D

I haven't clicked the link yet, but does the feed go long enough to the part where JD says something along the lines of he'd fight anyone on either team but he wouldn't fight Joey?

yes it does...

it's got the whole Kocur bit when he called Q a "******* *****"

Now thats old time hockey. I love watching Joey K. going crazy on the bench. I would have loved to see him out on the ice kicking some ass in his suit and dress shoes. I bet he could have taken the entire blues bench.

I miss the good old days!