• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,943 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 11:05 PM

Since I don't see all the game, I have a simple question about Booter.....

How's he been doing? Looking at his stats, he doesn't have to much ice time, but I haven't read anything negative about his play, so he must be holding his own. I found this about him on the Fox News Site. I think it was from last week, but still.....

Coach Mike Babcock was impressed with the toughness that Bootland showed on Tuesday against Nashville. "He didn't disappear when the banging got going. He was involved in there, he went to the net, and he stayed there."

I've been a big fan of his for a few years now. I know once Zetterberg, Cleary, and Bertuzzi are back, there realistically won't be room for him, but I'd like to see him suit up for the playoffs.
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#2 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 11:06 PM

QUOTE(Barrie @ March 13, 2007 - 09:05PM) View Post

Since I don't see all the game, I have a simple question about Booter.....

How's he been doing? Looking at his stats, he doesn't have to much ice time, but I haven't read anything negative about his play, so he must be holding his own. I found this about him on the Fox News Site. I think it was from last week, but still.....

Coach Mike Babcock was impressed with the toughness that Bootland showed on Tuesday against Nashville. "He didn't disappear when the banging got going. He was involved in there, he went to the net, and he stayed there."

I've been a big fan of his for a few years now. I know once Zetterberg, Cleary, and Bertuzzi are back, there realistically won't be room for him, but I'd like to see him suit up for the playoffs.

He laid down a nice hit.

We can keep him on our roster for the playoffs if we so desire; we're past the trade deadline.

#3 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,943 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 11:07 PM

QUOTE(Crymson @ March 14, 2007 - 12:06AM) View Post

He laid down a nice hit.

We can keep him on our roster for the playoffs if we so desire; we're past the trade deadline.

Yeah he could be one of "The Black Aces" as they are called. Maybe get in a game or two each round.
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#4 KronwallCRUNCH

KronwallCRUNCH

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 12:02 AM

He's not very good. Only plays a few minutes, and is a waste of a roster spot pretty much.

#5 Wings_Rule_1010

Wings_Rule_1010

LGRW!!!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,489 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 12:31 AM

Hey at least he "sort of" got in a fight today. Although he never got a change to drop his gloves. blush.gif
Go Blue!!!

#6 arnoldbuck

arnoldbuck

Can you see the Shooter!?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,426 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 03:08 AM

QUOTE(Wings_Rule_1010 @ March 13, 2007 - 09:31PM) View Post

Hey at least he "sort of" got in a fight today. Although he never got a change to drop his gloves. blush.gif

I dont care if Tootoo is a chump, it was embarassing to watch that as a Wings fan. Even though we came away with the win, I'm sure the guys on the Preds boards had a good time with that.
No Matter How Many Fish in the Sea ... It'll be So Empty Without Me
I'm a lover, not a fighter. But I'm also a fighter, so don't get any idea's.

#7 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 05:15 AM

Bootland's been fine, neither outstanding/flat out terrible.

He's pretty much just done his job, try to provide a little spark with some extra hustle/energy and try to play physical. Any offensive production would be a bouns.

#8 Gizmo

Gizmo

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 966 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 07:34 AM

I dont care if Tootoo is a chump, it was embarassing to watch that as a Wings fan.
I dunno, Booter agitated and drew the PP, I didn't mind that as a Wings fan. Fruitto's a punk who missing a lot more than he hits and I love it when he embarrasses himself.
"Cry 'Havoc' and let slip Tomas Holmstrom!!!"

"In-a da crease... outta da crease... in-a da crease... outta da crease!!!"

#9 Airborn

Airborn

Two primal opposing yet complementary forces

• PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 07:53 AM

QUOTE(Gizmo @ March 14, 2007 - 08:34AM) View Post

I dunno, Booter agitated and drew the PP, I didn't mind that as a Wings fan. Fruitto's a punk who missing a lot more than he hits and I love it when he embarrasses himself.

Agreed, I had no problem with it; it was a smart play on his part.

We haven't seen much of him, but from what I've seen, Bootland brings more than Ellis, Langfeld, or Hussey.

#10 Kp-Wings

Kp-Wings

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,844 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 08:18 AM

He hasn't been great, but he's doing his job. He actually didn't do too bad in his fight against Jeremy Reich on Boston. If Norton would have fought Reich, Reich would have smoked him. Plain and simple.

Come playoff time, I wouldn't mind seeing Bootland play in a game or two. He's sure a lot better than Langfeld.

#11 Inultus

Inultus

Slush ****

• PipPipPipPip
  • 885 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 08:19 AM

QUOTE(Airborn @ March 14, 2007 - 08:53AM) View Post

Agreed, I had no problem with it; it was a smart play on his part.

We haven't seen much of him, but from what I've seen, Bootland brings more than Ellis, Langfeld, or Hussey.

I'm not sure I would say it was intended to be smart, I think he just got his ass whooped.
"It's been six years since we won the Cup. That's too long." -Nick Lidstrom

"my message is simple: The next time anyone runs any of our guys in a way that shouldn't be done, then a message will be sent. I'm not going to go out and run your skill guys, your superstars. I'm going to go right to the guy (who did it), and fair justice is fair justice." -Downey

#12 micah

micah

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,345 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 09:13 AM

He hasn't been great, but he's doing his job. He actually didn't do too bad in his fight against Jeremy Reich on Boston. If Norton would have fought Reich, Reich would have smoked him. Plain and simple.

You cannot be serious. Norton sucks as a hockey player, and he isn't a great heaveyweight, but he's a heavy none-the-less. He fights guys that are out of Booter's league. If Norton was up instead of Bootland, the fight would have been against Hordichuk, not tootoo. And it would have probably turned out the same. Norton vs Bootland, Tootoo or Reich would be a mismatch, Norton would mop up with any of them. Norton fights guys like Brashear, Peters, etc etc....not the same guys that the middleweights like Booter and Tootoo are fighting.

Fruitto's a punk who missing a lot more than he hits and I love it when he embarrasses himself.

I havn't seen him embarass himself at all. Sometimes Nick Lidstrom misses the net when he shoots, I'm sure he's not embarassed, he has a great shot. Sometimes Jordin Tootoo misses checks, big deal, he's one of the league's most ferocious body-checkers despite his size disadvantage. He plays like a ball of hate in every game and he has nothing to be embarassed about. What I wouldn't give to have just one guy on our team with his heart.
"It was pretty interesting," said Detroit coach Mike Babcock. "We had May in exhibition for a couple of games and no one gets hacked or whacked. When we don't have him, we get run. We don't have a team that twists off helmets at stoppages. You get tired of seeing it all the time. It's just nice when you get someone to look after that stuff."

#13 toby91_ca

toby91_ca

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 8,519 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 09:14 AM

QUOTE(stormtiger @ March 14, 2007 - 08:53AM) View Post

If booter could have got loose he would have pummeled tootoo.

That's easy to say since it didn't happen. If the situation was reversed, everyone would be discussing how Bootland tought Tootoo a lesson.

#14 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 09:16 AM

QUOTE(arnoldbuck @ March 14, 2007 - 12:08AM) View Post

I dont care if Tootoo is a chump, it was embarassing to watch that as a Wings fan. Even though we came away with the win, I'm sure the guys on the Preds boards had a good time with that.

who cares about that.. The wings got the big 2 points that's what matters wink.gif
IPB Image

#15 Gizmo

Gizmo

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 966 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 09:31 AM

I havn't seen him embarass himself at all.

I'll give you Exhibit A: Tootoo tries to switch teams. I dunno about you, but I thought that was way too funny!

who cares about that.. The wings got the big 2 points that's what matters
Ding, ding, ding!!! Give that man a cigar!!!

Edited by Gizmo, 14 March 2007 - 09:34 AM.

"Cry 'Havoc' and let slip Tomas Holmstrom!!!"

"In-a da crease... outta da crease... in-a da crease... outta da crease!!!"

#16 Mors

Mors

The Red Death

• HoF Booster
  • 1,995 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 09:45 AM

Bootland hasn't played badly in the past couple games, TooToo was real tough last night throwing punches with his visor on...very tough indeed.

I was a little disappointed that Schneider's penalty led to a Nashville goal, but thinking about it... Tootoo can eat s*** and die, it was worth it.

#17 Covenant

Covenant

1st Line Sniper

• Silver Booster
  • 974 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 09:51 AM

QUOTE(arnoldbuck @ March 14, 2007 - 04:08AM) View Post

I'm sure the guys on the Preds boards had a good time with that.

They did, but what would you rather have "fun" with, cheering our boys on after a win?? Or their ace-goon laying into one of our Grand Rapids call-ups. Who gives a s***.

IPB Image

#18 bringback91

bringback91

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,318 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 09:54 AM

QUOTE(toby91_ca @ March 14, 2007 - 09:14AM) View Post

That's easy to say since it didn't happen. If the situation was reversed, everyone would be discussing how Bootland tought Tootoo a lesson.

Your probably right, but not me. What happend there was borderline sucker punch IMO. Bootland was playing smart and tried to draw a power play, which he did. That should've been a double minor for tootoo and nothing for bootland. Or if your going to call the fight, tootoo should've been tossed for instigating a fight with a visor on. Either way the refs were horrible and clearly one sided last night. As expressed by Babs in the post game interview. tootoo is a punk, playing that way he'll get his soon enough, maybe not from bootland or the Wings, but sometime, it's going to catch up with him.

#19 Airborn

Airborn

Two primal opposing yet complementary forces

• PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 09:59 AM

QUOTE(Inultus @ March 14, 2007 - 09:19AM) View Post

I'm not sure I would say it was intended to be smart, I think he just got his ass whooped.

Maybe, maybe not. Who knows what his intent was: Bottom line to me is he drew the penalty.

#20 BlueMonk

BlueMonk

Cleaner

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,591 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 10:04 AM

The Wings just beat the top team in the NHL in their own barn with Bootland "wasting a spot on the roster." Pretty cool, eh?
"Just charge me with the usual." -Bob Probert